View Full Version : FN Tactical Police Shotgun

06-17-2005, 7:00 PM
I was thinking about buying one of these pump shotgun that comes with M4 stock & C-More sights.

Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

06-17-2005, 9:11 PM
I've heard, but not verified personally, they're the same mechanism as a Win 1200 pump; maybe because FN anmd USRA are owned by the same parent company.

f true, you might consider finding a few used 1200's, maybe the home defense/18" barrel/long mag version. Gotta' be cheaper than the FN...under $300 new and on sale at Big 5 now and then.

06-18-2005, 4:42 AM
FN owns Winchester (and a few others companies as well http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ).

The FN is a Winchester 1300. If you like the M4 stock, go for it.

I don't care for the 1300, but it's not a bad shotgun.

07-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Just an update.

I went ahead and purchased FN Factical Shotgun w/C-more sight. As you all know, I have to wait 10 days to take the delivery (which I think is pretty stupid!). I am gathering different ammo (Hornady L.E. stuff, Federal Reduced 00 Buck, Aquila mini-shells & more).

Let me know if you guys want me to try any specific ammo. I will update you with a report & some pictures.

07-05-2005, 5:22 AM
The new Federal witht he flite control cup patterns well. I am hooked on the Hornady TAP. My 870's put out very tight patterns with it.

I have no use for the Aquila mini-shells. Between what I have seen and what I have read, their reliability is questionable enough that I would never rely on them for protection compared to traditional 2 3/4" tactical loadings.

07-12-2005, 9:17 PM
I'm somewhat interested in this shotgun, as well. Please update us on your purchase after you take it to the range!

07-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I just scored one off gunsamerica.com for $519 shipped, so these are not going for anywhere near list price. $550-$600 is a fair price range, I'd guess.

This is less than taking a Remington 870 Express and adding adapter, stock, grip, rail, etc. And the FN TPS will take pretty much any accessory designed for the Winchester 1300 Defender - like the Surefire light fore-end.

07-20-2005, 2:27 PM
I've always had an eye on the FN Police "Self-Loading" model. It seems like a nicely put together shotty but I have not heard anything in terms of user reviews. And at $800 I keep thing I should just pay a little more and get a Benelli.

07-24-2005, 7:05 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay on the report on this shotgun. Finally, got a chance to pattern the gun. Here are some pictures, hope this helps.
It was fired from 25 yard away.

Tried three different ammo.
1. Hornady Reduced Tactical 00 buckshot for pump
2. Federal Tactical 00 Buckshot.
3. PMC 00 Buckshot.

Here is a picture of the gun.

1. Hornady Reduced Tactical 00 buckshot for pump

2. Federal Tactical 00 Buckshot.
(There are actually two shots. One on top & one of the bottom.)

3. PMC 00 Buckshot.

Will post more detailed review later.

08-25-2005, 3:22 PM
I've had mine for just about a year with a C-more on it and I haven't had so much as a hickup with it. I primarily use pmc slugs and brenneke k.o. slugs and it digests them great. I've used remmington mild recoil and hornady..etc. I haven't found an ammo that it doesn't like.

08-26-2005, 5:47 AM
Damn that hornady groups really well!