PDA

View Full Version : Can I join the club now?

MP301
08-23-2009, 4:09 PM
Surprisingly, after I got rejected for using the PDF form (I knew that was gonna happen), I already had the correct forms enroute and they arrived around before I had to resend the app.

From the time I sent it until getting my C&R yesterday, it took less then 30 days.

So, I wanna join the club now. As soon as I have some money, Im gonna look for something to buy. Any suggestions?

Mssr. Eleganté
08-23-2009, 4:30 PM
So, I wanna join the club now. As soon as I have some money, Im gonna look for something to buy. Any suggestions?

Sorry, come back when you have some money. It's no fun for us to spend your money unless you have some money. :p

Gunaria
08-23-2009, 4:32 PM
Yeah buy a crate of Mosins.

bplvr
08-23-2009, 5:11 PM
1 } Get a credit card in your wife's name w/a $70,000 credit line.
2 } Buy TWO big safes.
3 } THEN you can join the club.Your pards here on CGN will help you
fill the safes.

Gunaria
08-23-2009, 6:55 PM
Interested in a FN-49 or a Winchester model 67?

Spiggy
08-23-2009, 8:20 PM
Membership is difficult and not for the weak of heart.

You must honor the lords of curio and the gods of relic. Build a monument to their names by the use of a large safe, print your name and suscribe for discounts from many online retailers. Then you must purchase a collective piece and provide us with racy photos of unadulterated curio-relicness.

Then you must fight the rancor

:D only then we accept you as our own

MP301
08-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Interested in a FN-49 or a Winchester model 67?

Details and price on the 49?

scout II
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I just hope you saved up for your C&R FFL.They are a lot more than the $30.00 the Fed's charged you:D

glennsche
08-24-2009, 8:36 AM
Membership is difficult and not for the weak of heart.
Then you must purchase a collective piece and provide us with racy photos of unadulterated curio-relicness.

this might well be the best sentence i've ever read on this forum. for that, sir, i salute you.

to our newly joined member:

i had no guns in january of this year. now i have 11 thanks to the C&R. start with a mosin, branch off to a few other bolt actions, then get a semi or two; start with the old stuff and gradually get more modern, you appreciate the modern stuff alot more when you see how "it used to be".

joefrank64k
08-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Surprisingly, after I got rejected for using the PDF form (I knew that was gonna happen), I already had the correct forms enroute and they arrived around before I had to resend the app.

From the time I sent it until getting my C&R yesterday, it took less then 30 days.

Just get a copy of your C&R to Empire Arms, Classic Arms, J&G Sales, AIM Surplus, SOG...that should do for a start, and then HOLD ON TO YOUR CREDIT CARD!!! ;)

Don't forget to ask for dealer status (or have your existing accounts converted to dealer status) at Brownells, MidwayUSA, and Numrich...discounts of 25% are not uncommon!!!

The discounts ALONE easily pay for the $10/year 03 FFL fee!!!

This book:

Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World; The Full-Color Guide to All Your Favorite Vintage and Surplus Rifles (Hardcover)

http://www.amazon.com/Military-Full-Color-Favorite-Vintage-Surplus/dp/1931464391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251139504&sr=8-1

And this book:

A Collector's Guide to Military Rifle Disassembly and Reassembly (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Guide-Military-Disassembly-Reassembly/dp/1931464324/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

...are great!!! I've purchased (and avoided purchasing what LOOKED like a "good" deal) based on the information in these two books...and the pictures are amazing. Also, you'll realize that YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!

Oh, and welcome to the club!!!

MP301
08-24-2009, 9:39 PM
Thanks a bunch...im looking forward to the discounts!

Just get a copy of your C&R to Empire Arms, Classic Arms, J&G Sales, AIM Surplus, SOG...that should do for a start, and then HOLD ON TO YOUR CREDIT CARD!!! ;)

Don't forget to ask for dealer status (or have your existing accounts converted to dealer status) at Brownells, MidwayUSA, and Numrich...discounts of 25% are not uncommon!!!

The discounts ALONE easily pay for the $10/year 03 FFL fee!!!

This book:

Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World; The Full-Color Guide to All Your Favorite Vintage and Surplus Rifles (Hardcover)

http://www.amazon.com/Military-Full-Color-Favorite-Vintage-Surplus/dp/1931464391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251139504&sr=8-1

And this book:

A Collector's Guide to Military Rifle Disassembly and Reassembly (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/Collectors-Guide-Military-Disassembly-Reassembly/dp/1931464324/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

...are great!!! I've purchased (and avoided purchasing what LOOKED like a "good" deal) based on the information in these two books...and the pictures are amazing. Also, you'll realize that YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!

Oh, and welcome to the club!!!