PDA

View Full Version : Non-listed Pistol question

Plisk
08-23-2009, 4:43 AM
I of course mean pistols that are not on the CA approved list.

I have a question about pistols not on the approved list. To my understanding; Law Enforcment are not bound by the list and can come into ownership of handguns not on the list. And after they come into ownership that they can PPT them to a normal citizen. I heard that the LE officer cannot PPT the off-list pistol to a citizen if its in new condition and that it must be used. Any truth to this?

Fjold
08-23-2009, 7:00 AM
No,

There is nothing in the laws/regs about the handgun's condition.

leelaw
08-23-2009, 10:44 AM
No truth in that. It can be sold NIB, the LEO just can't buy it with the intent to resell it. It all depends on when he changes his mind, or finances makes his mind for him.

trautert
08-23-2009, 12:36 PM
The way I see it, once Party A has purchased something from a retailer, when he sells it to Party B, it is used. Could be untouched/unfired/etc., but used nonetheless.
Tom

code33
08-23-2009, 1:24 PM
+1

Yep, like a new car, once it's purchased and registered, it is considered used. Supply and demand will determine the value of the item.

The way I see it, once Party A has purchased something from a retailer, when he sells it to Party B, it is used. Could be untouched/unfired/etc., but used nonetheless.
Tom