PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my CZ-52

Noonanda
08-22-2009, 6:16 PM
I bought this a few years ago, and it just isnt "speaking to me" anymore. I bought a Ruger blackhawk a about a month and 1/2 ago, had both of them out bout 3 weeks ago and ended up not wanting to shoot the CZ-52. Is it just because I have a new toy (the blackhawk)?? Ive got a replacement 9mm barrel that I use with it too, but it just aint really talking to me anymore.

What to do.

ledman
08-22-2009, 6:32 PM
Sell it to me! Nah...i don't have any money, but somehere on Calgns would buy it for sure, lol...I know what you mean by it " not speaking to me" I have a few rifles like that now in my safe, I have not touched in 5 years, lol...guess it's time to clean out the safe and re-think my strategy.

trautert
08-22-2009, 11:30 PM
I've had my CZ52 for something like 6 or 7 years, and probably haven't fired it in 5 years. I think you may have spurred me to get it out and shoot it or get it out and put it up on the trader boards. I even replaced the firing pin with the improved one and bought a bunch of extra mags. And got a lot of 7.62 for it when it became readily available.
Tom

caldude
08-23-2009, 7:35 AM
Sometimes I have a phase where I don't like shooting something, and then later 'rediscover' it, and enjoy it. Personally, I'd keep it.

trautert
08-23-2009, 9:29 AM
You're probably right. I was also having trouble with trigger slap on that particular gun, so I should at least get it back out to see if I can resolve that issue. OP, let us know what you decide to do with yours.
Tom

wellfedirishman
08-23-2009, 9:36 AM
CZ-52 is one of the few pistols where you can still get cheap (11 cents/round) plentiful ammo.

Buy a case (1200) of surplus ammo for $125, go out and shoot the hell out of it for a weekend. Remember to clean after the corrosive ammo. Then look at all the guys paying $30 for a box of 50 rounds of 45ACP and smile.

I had one, I sold it when I got tired of it, and now regret it. If you put a Hogue handall grip on one and put in a heavier recoil spring, they are much more pleasant to shoot.

SJgunguy24
08-23-2009, 10:02 AM
I bought this a few years ago, and it just isnt "speaking to me" anymore. I bought a Ruger blackhawk a about a month and 1/2 ago, had both of them out bout 3 weeks ago and ended up not wanting to shoot the CZ-52. Is it just because I have a new toy (the blackhawk)?? Ive got a replacement 9mm barrel that I use with it too, but it just aint really talking to me anymore.

What to do.

Keep it, just for the wow factor. I like 2 feet of muzzle flash............from a pistol.:43:

Digital_Boy
08-24-2009, 9:32 PM
eeeeeeeeenteresting. just googled the CZ-52. And yeah, ammo is dirt friggin cheap for it.

H3llpl3ss
08-25-2009, 7:18 AM
I'll buy the barrel if you want to get rid of it.

SDgarrick
08-27-2009, 2:01 AM
^^^ What is this extended slide you speak of? Pics please.

SirNik
08-27-2009, 9:19 AM
Extended slide release
http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm