PDA

View Full Version : Quick .50bmg registration

M1guy
06-30-2005, 7:43 PM
I had been going back and forth as to when to register my .50's. Part of me thought I would wait until the last possible minute, but figured if something went wrong with the paperwork I might run out of time. So last week (6/22) I decided to mail in my form and check, I was honestly expecting some hassles due to the fact that I exercised my First Amendment rights in the memo section of the check as to what I thought about this "law" http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. At the very least I figured DOJ would not move at lightning speed. Well I get home today and in the mail is my ".50BMG rifle registration confirmation notice". I am pretty shocked! Or is it just a sign that the state really needs that $25.00 fee? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

gloxter
07-03-2005, 3:39 PM
For M1guy: Judging from one of your previous posts regarding your employee being hassled, it looks as though you and I are relatively close. I, too, was debating on when to send in my BMG card in to DOJ. I still have to send in my receiver for build-up (Viper), but would like to network with others for shooting, locations to shoot, questions, and so on. Is there a way we can get in touch, say, via e-mail? Thanks

M1guy
07-03-2005, 6:07 PM
hey gloxter,
check your PM

dwtt
07-03-2005, 6:21 PM
Originally posted by gloxter:
For M1guy: Judging from one of your previous posts regarding your employee being hassled, it looks as though you and I are relatively close. I, too, was debating on when to send in my BMG card in to DOJ. I still have to send in my receiver for build-up (Viper), but would like to network with others for shooting, locations to shoot, questions, and so on. Is there a way we can get in touch, say, via e-mail? Thanks

I sent in my Viper receiver for building back in April and they haven't finished it. The folks at Bluegrass say it'll be sent to me in the beginning of July. However, if you haven't built up your receiver yet, don't register it. If you do not register the receiver, you can send it directly to Bluegrass by UPS until April, 2006, as a regular rifle receiver. The nice folks at Bluegrass will return the rifle directly to you. If you register the bare receiver, then you would have to send the receiver to Bluegrass through a dealer in CA with an AW license. After the rifle is completed, you would need to have Bluegrass send it back to you through a CA dealer with an AW license. It's easier for you and everyone involved if you don't register the rifle until after the rifle is finished.

For those who bought a Barret receiver, their web page says, the last time I looked, that they must receive a receiver and return the finished rifle through a CA dealer with an AW license, irregardless of whether or not the receiver is already registered. The DOJ doesn't require an unregistered receiver to be sent through an AW licensed dealer, and I have a letter from them saying so, but Barret is being extra careful here, I guess.

50 Shooter
07-03-2005, 7:27 PM
Gloxter & M1 Guy,
If your in the SoCal area, we shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month as a group at Angeles Range. Bring your .50's out and have some fun.