PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Event: "An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D." on November 4

OrangeCountyCCW
08-22-2009, 1:52 PM
Dear Calguns Community,

SAFE OC Political Action Committee is pleased to announce its upcoming event, "An Evening With John R. Lott, Ph.D.," on November 4th at the Pacific Club in Newport Beach.

Dr. Lott is Senior Research Scientist at the University of Maryland, College Park, and is the author of "More Guns, Less Crime," "The Bias Against Guns," and "Freedomnomics." His research demonstrates that states that enact "shall issue" concealed carry laws experience a decrease in violent crime and consequently an increase in public safety.

The evening will include a cocktail reception beginning at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7:30 p.m., including a presentation by Dr. Lott on his research into the relationship between CCW and public safety. Proceeds from the event will go to support SAFE OC's effort to elect a pro-CCW Sheriff of Orange County.

Bill Hunt, former Chief of Police for San Clemente and candidate for Sheriff in 2010, will attend the event as well. Mr. Hunt has publicly pledged to restore CCW issuance when elected, and SAFE OC has endorsed Mr. Hunt unanimously.

With Appointed Sheriff Hutchens aggressively fundraising and garnering some endorsements from leading elected officials, it is time for pro-CCW citizens to rally and strike back. If you are a current or former CCW holder, you invested hundreds if not thousands of dollars to obtain your CCW -- won't you consider investing an equal amount to preserve your rights?

Don't miss this exciting event and the chance to support a Sheriff who will respect your right to personal safety and the values of freedom and trust between law enforcement and citizenry. Please see the attached flyer for more details.

Hope to see you on November 4!

SAFE OC
www.safeoc.org

Reloaderx2
08-22-2009, 8:05 PM
Hey Guys. What we got here in Orange County. That's right. John Wayne Country...(The guy would roll over in his grave) Is a Woman who was appointed/anointed by 3 alledged Republicans as the Sheriff of Orange County. Been a lurker for years but I'm alive now. This abomination of a Republican (She is a lifelong Republican since 2000, Democrat prior to that time) has taken it upon herself to to contact the DOJ and change the rules regarding the early revocation of CCW permits. Unprecedented. That doesn't affect me right? Wrong. The woman is an anti-gunner. Plain and simple. So you plinkers, skeet guys, Varmit guys, range guys or the guys that like the smell of Break Free (like me) are next. They just take us down one pillar at a time So what you need to do is send a message to those types to inform them that they and their prodigy are toast to ever eff with our gun rights. Guess what? It will only take a few bucks out of your budget to send a serious message to these politicians to show that this conduct will not be tolerated. Ever.

TaxAnnihilator
09-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I wish I had the money to go, Mr. Lott is a pleasure to hear speak. He uses hard facts and his research has, imo, not been discredited through other research, as some claim with their famous anecdotal only evidence.

kmoney168
09-22-2009, 10:46 PM
wish i could attend but in place of hearing him speak, this interview with Mr Lott will have to do here - http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/493636.html

Purple K
10-03-2009, 3:14 PM
Dr. Lott is on KSFO 560 right now.

Purple K
10-03-2009, 4:09 PM
Btt

OrangeCountyCCW
11-02-2009, 1:51 PM
Last chance! The Pacific Club is closing our reservation window at 12:00 noon tomorrow, Tuesday, November 3rd. We are going to have a packed house based on existing reservations but we have a FEW spots left.

Not only with Dr. Lott be there, but candidate for OC Sheriff, Bill Hunt, will be there and available to answer your questions. Where else can you see a leading scholar, a true friend of firearm freedoms, enjoy dinner at a prestigious private club, and spend an evening with like-minded citizens?

If you would like to attend, please contact info@safeoc.org as soon as possible. Hope to see you there!

ripcurlksm
11-02-2009, 2:06 PM
I would really, really love to attend with my girlfriend but my funds are tight this year. It is certainly money well-spent. Have a good dinner and hope to attend the next one :)