PDA

View Full Version : Ammendend license-**UPDATE** 3 weeks to receive

ledman
08-22-2009, 9:04 AM
How long does it usually take for the BATFE to get you an updated C&R? I had moved, awhile back, and forgot to send in my app for a ammended FFL03. Actually within the same apt. complex...over a year agao and all that chaged was the apt number, street number is the same.
Just curious if anyone has had to do this also:confused: and how long it took.

UPDATE
I have to hand it to the ATF, only 3 weeks to ge my Ammended license! BRAVO! Thank you ATF!:King:

clockwork
08-22-2009, 9:58 AM
Good question, I'd like to know too.
Tagged.

jamesob
08-22-2009, 11:49 AM
good luck. online will most likely show up before they mail you something.

ledman
08-22-2009, 5:16 PM
good luck. online will most likely show up before they mail you something.

What do you mean by your comment? Online:confused: Do you mean being able to update online? That would be nice!

ke6guj
08-22-2009, 5:19 PM
think he may be talking about seeing the updated address on the EZ-check website, but you can't check 03FFLs on it, so that can't be it.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-22-2009, 5:29 PM
think he may be talking about seeing the updated address on the EZ-check website, but you can't check 03FFLs on it, so that can't be it.

My guess is he thinks the OP is asking about when BATFE will mail out a new updated version of the official List of C&R Firearms. I have a master's degree in translating incoherent internet forum babble.

ledman
08-22-2009, 5:30 PM
My guess is he thinks the OP is asking about when BATFE will mail out a new updated version of the official List of C&R Firearms. I have a degree in translating incoherent internet forum babble.

LMFAO!:18: Yeah, I thought I made my question pretty clear...not sure what he meant.

jamesob
08-22-2009, 9:29 PM
My guess is he thinks the OP is asking about when BATFE will mail out a new updated version of the official List of C&R Firearms. I have a master's degree in translating incoherent internet forum babble.

haha. you would be correct. i must of spaced out and not read the whole thing. you are good.:)

Mssr. Eleganté
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
haha. you would be correct. i must of spaced out and not read the whole thing. you are good.:)

No worries. Back at Internet Forum Babble Translation School they made us drink a six pack of beer and then skim only the first sentence of a post before we responded. It was an exercise to put us in the position of the responder so it would be easier to see where they were coming from.

Dr Rockso
08-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I moved about a year ago but forgot to update my C&R address until a couple months after I'd moved. It took about 3 weeks from sending the paperwork to receiving a new license. Since I moved to a different city my FFL number changed, but yours may not since you're only moving to a different apartment number.

ledman
08-23-2009, 2:42 PM
I moved about a year ago but forgot to update my C&R address until a couple months after I'd moved. It took about 3 weeks from sending the paperwork to receiving a new license. Since I moved to a different city my FFL number changed, but yours may not since you're only moving to a different apartment number.

O, interesting...they change your FFL number? I wonder why they do that? I still have to e-mail/fax/mail new ones out anyways, just curious why they would have to generate a new number.

3 weeks, not bad, its just been a week or so since I mailed it.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-23-2009, 3:27 PM
O, interesting...they change your FFL number? I wonder why they do that? I still have to e-mail/fax/mail new ones out anyways, just curious why they would have to generate a new number.

Your FFL number is generated based on your location and the expiration date of the license. So if you move far enough away (different county at least) then the first part of your license number will change to reflect your new location. And when you get a renewed license the middle part of your license will change to reflect the new expiration date.

You'll notice that there are six different sections in your license number.

The first one digit number is the your Region and should be 9 for the Western Region.

The second section is your IRS district code, which might be 95 for your area.

The third section is your FIPS county code, which is 059 for Orange County.

The forth section is your FFL type, which will be 03 for a Licensed Collector

The fifth section is your expiration date. The first digit is the last digit of the expiration year and should be 2 if your license expires in 2012. The second digit is the expiration month. They use the letters A through M for January through December, skipping the letter I because it looks too much like the number 1.

The sixth section is your unique FFL sequence number.

ledman
08-23-2009, 5:45 PM
WOW...that is great stuff...how do you ever remember all that? thanks!

ledman
09-08-2009, 4:43 PM
UPDATE
I have to hand it to the ATF, only 3 weeks to get my Ammended license! BRAVO! Thank you ATF!:King:

sigfan91
09-14-2009, 9:18 PM
I just got my license...a day short of 4 weeks since I mailed it. Only 3 weeks after ATF cashed my check. :)

I promise not to make fun of government inefficiencies AS MUCH. :D