PDA

View Full Version : AB 962

eanderson8524
08-21-2009, 9:28 AM
Does anyone know if there is actually a petition to this bill? and if so where one can be found? I hear about it all over the radio, but none of the gun shops in the northern california area have one or know where to find it.
Any help would be great! Thanks.

Librarian
08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Does anyone know if there is actually a petition to this bill? and if so where one can be found? I hear about it all over the radio, but none of the gun shops in the northern california area have one or know where to find it.
Any help would be great! Thanks.

Main thread for this bill is
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=176297

It is currently quite far along: introduced in the Assembly, it passed the floor vote and moved to the Senate. In the Senate, it passed Public Safety, but it is right now in the Senate Appropriations Committee, on the 'suspense file'.

It may, or may not, come off that file before the Legislature shuts down for the fall.

If it does, next stop is the Senate floor, and if it should pass that, the Governor.

At this point it would be better to write a polite note to your State Senator than worry about a petition. Your letter would be much more influential.

bwiese
08-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Do NOT sign petitions.

They are politically USELESS. Petitions running around sponsored by CAFR (Calf Assn of Firearms Retailers), driven by their lobbyist Kathy Lynch, appear to be for the purpose of refreshing mailing lists... fresh mailing lists are valuable sellable commodities.

Instead please visit http://www.calnra.com And please join NRA and find your local Members' Council.

... and see http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab962.1&year=2009

Click on link to AB962 and other bills and follow instructions to call, email, fax and write your legislators.

When you do any or all of these at the right time, you make your voice heard to legislators because you burn up their admin staffs' time and divert them from other issues. In short, you become a pain. And they can reduce the pain by not voting for bad gun bills like this.

yellowfin
08-21-2009, 11:38 AM
How is Kathy Lynch still running around since she's been rather vigorously discredited?

motorhead
08-21-2009, 5:22 PM
i heard signing that petition can cause tumors.

bwiese
08-21-2009, 6:02 PM
How is Kathy Lynch still running around since she's been rather vigorously discredited?

She has many clients - Hallmark Cards, bail bonds (incl Bad Boys), and a bunch of other businesses.

Apparently she's sued people (or, more accurately, sent pre-litigation demand letters) all over Sacto with some minor bit of frequency and they just ignore her/the letters and go back to their scrambled eggs or whatever. Appears she was quite puzzled by our response since that was not the usual fare to which she's been accustomed.

cousinkix1953
08-21-2009, 7:26 PM
She has many clients - Hallmark Cards, bail bonds (incl Bad Boys), and a bunch of other businesses.

Apparently she's sued people (or, more accurately, sent pre-litigation demand letters) all over Sacto with some minor bit of frequency and they just ignore her/the letters and go back to their scrambled eggs or whatever. Appears she was quite puzzled by our response since that was not the usual fare to which she's been accustomed.
Whore! What kind of respectable gun rights activist would be caught in the same bed with Hallmark Cards. They are on every list of anti-2A companies that I've ever seen. Maybe they'll dump her fanny, if they find out that she's working for the gun lobby in Sacramento?

KylaGWolf
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Most petitions don't do squat besides give someone a list to mail things to. Although I have considered starting one for calgun members, family members and friends to sign stating how asinine this bill is. Or to start recall campains for every moron that voted for this stupid bill. The only thing that has stopped me from doing so is even if every member and family signed the bill I doubt it would be enough to do any good.