PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento-area UT CCW Class interest?

gloxter
06-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Would you be interested in attending a course for the Utah CCW permit in the Sacramento region? Minnesota has just passed legislation honoring UT's permit, bringing the total to around 30+ states honoring UT's permit. One needn't be a resident of Utah to apply (though a couple of states require residency), however, we must be instructed by a Utah certified CCW instructor. Approximately 7 people have given interest thus far, but we need more to confirm/attend to get the class. Anyone?

-gloxter

PrudentGT
06-01-2005, 1:14 PM
I'm in. Just looked on the packing.org website. Utah looks like a pretty good permit to have!

Silverback
06-01-2005, 1:17 PM
OK - I'm in also but I'm also a shift worker and attendance will depend on the date/time.

MadMex
06-01-2005, 7:50 PM
Although UT is already covered by my FL, I’m interested because of reciprocity between UT and WA. I’m in if I have no calendar conflicts. Also interested in NV.

LongBch_SigP226
06-01-2005, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by gloxter:
Would you be interested in attending a course for the Utah CCW permit in the Sacramento region? Minnesota has just passed legislation honoring UT's permit, bringing the total to around 30+ states honoring UT's permit. One needn't be a resident of Utah to apply (though a couple of states require residency), however, we must be instructed by a Utah certified CCW instructor. Approximately 7 people have given interest thus far, but we need more to confirm/attend to get the class. Anyone?

-gloxter

How did you get 30+? Florida, Michigan, and New Hampshire do not accept Utah "Non Resident" CCW permit. They do if you are "Utah Resident." I counted 26 States that officially accepts Utah "Non Resident" CCW permit. (Based on info from packing.org.)

Once you get the Utah CCW, you should get either Florida or New Hampshire CCW. Florida will give you Florida, and Pennsylvania. New Hampshire will give you New Hampshire and Pennsylvania. But New Hampshire is much cheaper if you just want to add Pennsylvania.
If you need Nevada, you'd have to get it from Nevada.

PrudentGT
06-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Prolly didn't check to make sure that states honored non-resident UT permits. 26 states is still 26 states, tho, and I suspect that training from a UT certified instructor is probably sufficient training for a FL non-res CCW... That means I'm still in, BTW http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm in, let us know when where and how much.

Coastey
06-04-2005, 5:50 PM
I'm interested. When, where, and how much?

PrudentGT
06-06-2005, 10:00 PM
FYI Sundays are best for me. It's a long drive!

tspence
06-10-2005, 7:12 PM
I would love to find a class closer to home (Tracy). The only thing that has stopped me so far is the trip WAY down south. Please let me know if one is scheduled. Also, I am making a trip to Florida in July for some training and I was wondering if anyone had a opinion on the Florida CCW. Would there be any advantage in trying to get one while I'm there?

gloxter
06-13-2005, 5:03 PM
BUMP: If you are interested in attending the course, send me an e-mail with a legitimate address. The UT-CCW Yahoo group has several interested parties thus far, and my contact information is within (gloxter). I'll notify any responders of the upcoming date.

As a side note, and to keep good faith within the calguns forum, I'd like to apologize to the mighty Ding Chavez. The UT CCW permit is valid (honored by 12 states) and has reciprocity by 16 states bringing the total to around 28 states, not including my California permit, and not the 30+ states as previously quoted by me. Minnesota just revamped their pro-carry legislation. Even packing.org needs to be updated, in our favor. Sorry for the confusion. Regards, gloxter

gloxter
06-16-2005, 2:59 PM
BUMP...that's all