PDA

View Full Version : So what's the verdict on DSA 58 CA legal FALs?

NorCalGuy
06-10-2005, 3:07 PM
Anyone have one? I've heard recent ones have had issues and things have gone slightly downhill? It's never easy buying a gun is it? LOL

So if anyone has one I am interested in your take? How accurate are these compared to M1As? How durable?

Thanks

50 Freak
06-10-2005, 3:16 PM
DSA makes fine FALs, pricey but nice. You can get the same thing just building one in my opinion.

There were some "issues", but the warrantee is fantastic from DSA. I wouldn't worry about it. DSA is trying to pump out as much as they can right now. They say it's because they are so busy getting their FALs over to special units in the sandbox. But no one has seen any over there. So I don't know.

As for accuracy, a stock FAL is just slightly behind a stock M-14 in accuracy, but not much. It is however a better gun in durability and toughness compared to the M-14. Also it is a better gun in ability to clean, transport and I believe it is lighter too.

NorCalGuy
06-10-2005, 3:41 PM
What sort of issues did/do they have?

Also, can you place a folding stock on a fixed mag gun like this and be within the law?

50 Freak
06-10-2005, 3:57 PM
Just did a search on FALFiles and the only problem I saw was:

1) rifle shooting too much to left, (think this was resolved as the barrel was not timed right)
2) rifle not shooting surplus (resolved, by cleaning the firing pin housing (was dirty).

Nothing else.

Putting on a folder on a 10 round fixed mag rifle should be okay. (I could be wrong, as I'm not sure if this would make it a AW). Anyone know?

-hanko
06-10-2005, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by NorCalGuy:
Also, can you place a folding stock on a fixed mag gun like this and be within the law?
As the gun folded is 30" long minimum. No one, including DSA, seems to have para bolt carriers available without a long wait. Check out earlier topics on this forum about CA legal FAL's.

-hanko

shecky
06-10-2005, 5:51 PM
Originally posted by NorCalGuy:
What sort of issues did/do they have?

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/genchar.htm

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

Looks OK so far.

esskay
06-11-2005, 1:28 AM
I've read elsewhere on this board that the problem with building a fixed mag para FAL is that no one makes a stripper clip top cover for paras...

50 Freak
06-11-2005, 1:36 AM
Haven't seen a stripper clip fed para top cover. Would be interested to find out myself.

-hanko
06-11-2005, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by 50 Freak:
Haven't seen a stripper clip fed para top cover. Would be interested to find out myself.
They do not exist.

-hanko

Leo762
06-13-2005, 6:00 PM
can still load it through the ejection port even without a stripper clip para cover so IMO thats not even an issue

C.G.
06-13-2005, 7:22 PM
They do not exist.

-hanko
Any idea who made them or who might have them? Didn't see that on Falfiles. Sure would be appreciated.

C.G.
06-13-2005, 7:25 PM
http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif Now that I put my glasses on I see that was negated. Never mind my previous post.