PDA

View Full Version : DPMS LPK's

Unit74
08-20-2009, 9:46 PM
My DPMS Kit's I got from you last week were broken out for two builds today.... One went together perfect. The other however......

I found that there was 2 rear take down pins. No big deal I guess... sheeet happens. But, what pissed me off was that one of them was used. That's right.... covered in grease, wear marks, carbon grunge all up in the cracks.... Used!

This was INSIDE the heat sealed plastic. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I emailed DPMS about it. I hope it was an isolated incident. But in case you hear of other used parts being shipped, you can use my issue as fuel to lean on DPMS to tighten up on there quality control.

THT
08-21-2009, 2:54 AM
Sorry to hear that; I'd be happy to replace it with another if you'd like. I appreciate you letting me know about it though.

Unit74
08-21-2009, 7:30 AM
That's OK... Dillon Jennings from DPMS said he would send out a new pin. I had hoped to be at the range this weekend with my new C3 Defense lower/Addax Atac GPU but the range gods must had had different plans for me.... I guess I'll be working through some 5.7 and 380 instead.

THT
08-21-2009, 7:50 AM
Good to know they're taking care of you. Completely unrelated but did you end up using the UBR with your GPU?

Unit74
08-21-2009, 9:33 AM
Yes.

THT
08-21-2009, 9:36 AM
Yes.

Nice; I'm still debating if I'll put it on a GPU build or use an ACS and save the UBR for a big-bore upper.

Unit74
08-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Nice; I'm still debating if I'll put it on a GPU build or use an ACS and save the UBR for a big-bore upper.

I have two lowers and was thinking I might do a beowolf on one.... Or a 6.5. Not sure what i want to do really... maybe just a cheapo beater range rifle with a basic upper...

Too many choices these days...