PDA

View Full Version : Free Glock @Steel Madness starting 8/30

Mr Twisted
08-20-2009, 10:14 AM
As most of you know Ron's celebrating the 29th anniverary of his 31st Birthday on the 8/30 with a very special "not to be missed match"

There will be 6 KILLER stages one being the imfamous kill house. Most of you know we don't use that much...too much fun for one stage.

To add to the special party atmosphere The Club will be serving all day lunch for the shooters refreshments with burgers and cupcakes.

Oh yah! I said something about a Free Glock Gun!!
Starting with this match and at each subsequent match; we will be giving out a ticket to each shooter towards a drawing to be held at the first match of the new year.

The Glock Gun is in the form of a GSSF Certificate good towards any Glock.

BTW Jeffery Yao will be celebrating his Bd at this match as well and Nora will be celebrating her return from cancer treatments. PARTY ON DUDES See you there!

PS The SSA has vast amounts of ammo for it's shooters at Walmart prices

Stormfeather
08-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Match Location please. . .

kwest10
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
i'll should be there.
Missed this past one...thought it was this weekend.
Mystery House is a BLAST.
Location = Norco/Corona area.

What Just Happened?
08-20-2009, 1:18 PM
This match is at Raahauge's in Norco / Corona.

My friend can't make it out, but I'll sure as hell try.

sinefato
08-20-2009, 2:23 PM
I just sold my AR and because I didn't use it enough and now I have a chance to use a kill house... DAMNIT!

SuperSet
08-20-2009, 2:52 PM
Dude, this is a pistol match. They'd probably not take too kindly to a .223 on a steel plate. :-)

sinefato
08-20-2009, 2:56 PM
Dude, this is a pistol match. They'd probably not take too kindly to a .223 on a steel plate. :-)

OOH. I didn't see that. Well I don't have one of those yet either so I still can't join in the fun :(

bubbapug1
08-20-2009, 3:24 PM
I'll be there.

barrym66
08-20-2009, 3:57 PM
Damn - I'm in for sure!

Call out for any SD/North Coast area shooters that want to car pool...PM me.

rcfb73
08-22-2009, 1:48 AM
missed the last time to shoot the kill house..ill be here no matter what! cant wait.

CGT80
08-23-2009, 5:04 PM
OOH. I didn't see that. Well I don't have one of those yet either so I still can't join in the fun :(

Ron, the SSA founder, usually has pistols and gear to loan out. You should get more info from him and see if you could shoot the match with borrowed gear.

What Just Happened?
08-24-2009, 6:39 AM
The non-kill house stages have been posted for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.ssashooter.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=770

gotglock?
08-25-2009, 6:47 AM
do you need to be a member? an new to this but would like to come try it out.

1923mack
08-25-2009, 6:55 AM
tag

Mr Twisted
08-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Every safe gun handler is welcome at our matches. We often take 1 st timers and gear them up. Trained Range Officiers oversee all newbies. Loaner equipment is never a problem The SSA can setup about 12 at any given match......If you have some gear all the better, bring it along and Use what you got .

Ammo on hand at Walmart prices for our shooter.
Ron Jung aka Mr Twisted
Ceo/founder
SSA
www.ssashooter.com

mushrew
08-25-2009, 5:05 PM
1 newbie stopping by =) [well, I did compete in this past weekend's GSSF match]

Mr Twisted
08-25-2009, 8:04 PM
We'll your not competely green....As you look over the stage discription you might notice cone like start positions These are like "Ladies tee" a little closer for the Newbies. Those competing for the first time bring extra ammo, the texas stars can be a ***** by themselves but a whole lot of fun. Recommended amount around 300 rds. If you can't fine ammo we have lots to fill you in.

Mr Twisted
08-28-2009, 8:33 AM
Come in early and get out early. Stages will be set up early Beat some of the heat:rolleyes:

five.five-six
08-28-2009, 8:03 PM
price?

Mr Twisted
08-28-2009, 8:50 PM
Match fee $35 ammo extra

barrym66
08-28-2009, 9:03 PM
WHAAT?

You mean I can't pay $35 and shoot 220+ rounds of your ammo???? :confused:

LOL...still planning on coming up again for this one! Any SD folks who want to carpool, PM or Email me.

Barry

dchang0
08-30-2009, 4:06 PM
Fantastic shoot! Thanks, Ron, for putting this together, and again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There was a bunch of Calgunners there in addition to the regular SSA shooters. The stages were deliciously complex, and though it was hot, it's been waaaaay hotter at Raahauges.

The kill house was tons of fun--I ran a .22LR dedicated AR and a 9mm P229. The .22LR has just enough velocity to knock down the smaller plates but not enough for the larger ones, so I got plenty of practice doing primary-to-secondary transitions. Plus there were tons of stovepipes to clear with the weaker Federal Automatch .22LR ammo. Just for kicks, because I couldn't knock down the heavy plates, I put an extra six or seven rounds on each steel. As Phone put it, I "made up for it in volume." Of course, those extra rounds didn't help my time...

I ran with Stanley and Arturo, Phong, Jeff and John. Stanley and Arturo both had 9mm ARs and were WICKED fast. It's hard to run with the big dogs in the carbine class but a ton of fun anyway.

To all of you out there who haven't been to an SSA Steel Madness shoot, YOU ARE MISSING OUT BIG TIME. Some of you might be scared off by the words "match" and "competition," but the SSA guys are really newbie-friendly. They absolutely welcome noobs and will walk with you to show you the ropes. So if you're intimidated because you think you'll be running against top dog competitors, don't worry about it. You run at your own pace and you compete against your own time.

See everybody at the next shoot!

gotglock?
08-30-2009, 7:40 PM
Thanks Ron. I had a great time. if you are new, you need to check out one of these shoots. it is very laid back. they will walk you though every thing you need to know. remember everyone was a new guy at one time. jsut like dchango said above

"To all of you out there who haven't been to an SSA Steel Madness shoot, YOU ARE MISSING OUT BIG TIME. Some of you might be scared off by the words "match" and "competition," but the SSA guys are really newbie-friendly. They absolutely welcome noobs and will walk with you to show you the ropes. So if you're intimidated because you think you'll be running against top dog competitors, don't worry about it. You run at your own pace and you compete against your own time.

I will be back to get those texas stars down!

Mr Twisted
08-31-2009, 8:46 PM
Match results are in

Bigbear
09-01-2009, 2:49 AM
Sunday was a blast! It was my first time shooting steel and I was nervous, but there is a great group of people down at steel madness. Everyone was very friendly and make you feel at home. The shoot is very beginner friendly and they will even loan you holsters, magazines, whatever you need to get started. Anyone that's on the fence about it needs to come out and join the fun!

kwest10
09-01-2009, 10:08 AM
sorry I missed the house. Sounds like it was a good time.
TOOO hot and I was dog tired and couldn't get up in time. HAHAHA

maxit
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Guys, and Gals,

Your scores are posted on Ron's own website forum

www.ssashooter.net

check it out.

It was great fun shooting with you (sounds like a cliche, but its true)

Max

Mr Twisted
09-03-2009, 9:17 PM
Raffle tickets will be given out at the 9/6 match. 5 stages with a optional Man Vs Man Shootoff

Mr Twisted
09-08-2009, 8:52 AM
40 shooters andded to the drawing. Next opportunity will be at the Sept 20th match. Someone will get this gun It might as well be you:D

Mr Twisted
09-23-2009, 5:38 AM
Record numbers are taking part in this bonus to a already great shooting program.:D