PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a range

NickFig
08-20-2009, 2:29 AM
Hey guys I have only posted a couple of times on calguns but I was wondering if anyone knew of a unmoderated range around Concord area or somewhat close. I used to go to one in the grassvalley area but haven't come across any others, range fees are starting to nickle and dime me to death and I would love to keep shooting as much as I do but without the range fees.

Any help is very much appreciated

Nick

sv_1
08-20-2009, 8:47 AM
What kind of mpg do you get? Your best bet is to join usi...

asgalindez
08-20-2009, 9:10 AM
USI is right by you ain't it? But they're an actual range that charges. Nice place though. Only been there once.

Or you can take that long drive down to Panoche.

sargenv
08-20-2009, 9:22 AM
USI has 4 clubs.. with Diablo being the biggest and easiest to join. I think it is like $20 a year, $10 initiation, and you get half off range fees. I think $5 at the rifle/pistol range gets you in for all day (ammo is up to you). They have other ranges that are open for practice (Action range when you are qualified (after taking their proficiency class)), Multi-purpose range (usually longer range steel and paper targets), and skeet, trap, and 5 stand (I think $5 per round of skeet or trap, might be a little more for 5 stand). It's a pretty good full service range and they sell components at a little more than cost. They will do special ordering for you if you are a member. It is one of the best deals out your way if you don't want to drive 2+ hours to somewhere unregulated.

50BMGBOB
08-20-2009, 1:57 PM
USI has 4 clubs.. with Diablo being the biggest and easiest to join. I think it is like $20 a year, $10 initiation, and you get half off range fees. I think $5 at the rifle/pistol range gets you in for all day (ammo is up to you). They have other ranges that are open for practice (Action range when you are qualified (after taking their proficiency class)), Multi-purpose range (usually longer range steel and paper targets), and skeet, trap, and 5 stand (I think $5 per round of skeet or trap, might be a little more for 5 stand). It's a pretty good full service range and they sell components at a little more than cost. They will do special ordering for you if you are a member. It is one of the best deals out your way if you don't want to drive 2+ hours to somewhere unregulated.

Actually it is $25 a year with a $25 initiation, you get a $5 discount if you are an NRA member and your spouse gets a membership for $1 more. Range fee's are $14 for non-members and $7 for members for the whole day so it pays for itself quickly. I don't shoot shotgun so I don't know the fee's there. Unless you own or know someone with land, there isn't any place close that you can just go shoot at. Anywhere you have to drive to will probably cost you more in gas than you would save.

50BMGBOB
08-20-2009, 1:59 PM
I forgot to say, you must attend the first meeting to join, after that you can renew through the mail. Diablo meetings are the first Thursday of every month.

NickFig
08-24-2009, 1:11 AM
Ok thanks guys for your advice i think i will be joining a club.

sargenv
08-24-2009, 5:27 PM
Fees went up since I was there last...