PDA

View Full Version : Bud's "reserve" order - what's the lead time?

sd_shooter
08-19-2009, 11:59 PM
I ordered a Springfield 1911 from Bud's in early May. It has now been over 90 days, still no gun.

Anyone else order using their 'reserve' system? I'm wondering if I should get my money back or hold on. I thought the Obama gun buying spree was dying down but apparently it's not over yet.

SNEAKS
08-20-2009, 2:20 PM
I think the reserve is good up to a year. It locks in that price if they get it in within the 1 year period otherwise they refund your money. It all depends on the company that is manufacturing the gun and how many they make if you will get one. With some of the less common firearms there are only so many made each year usually in batches. I know Buds Gun Shop is pretty good about getting some guns before others would. I would just wait it out. Out of curiosity what was it you were waiting for?

sholling
08-20-2009, 4:00 PM
It just depends on your manufacturer's backlog and how many are ahead of you on the reserve list. I never did the reserve thing and instead relied on the in-stock notification email. I got the mail and snagged (within 5 minutes) a Kimber I hadn't seen there in forever before anybody else could. They didn't last long.

sd_shooter
08-20-2009, 9:03 PM
Out of curiosity what was it you were waiting for?

Springfield Loaded 1911 Black Stainless:

http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/images/SPhg_story12A_544.jpg

epic4444
08-20-2009, 9:17 PM
springfield seems to produce gun pretty slowly...or the demand has been crazy becuase i havent seen any gun store with real stock of them in a while...even glocks are showing up on store shelves