jimmythebrain
08-19-2009, 5:20 PM
For a recoil sensitive wife I would go with the Federal HST 124 grain non +P

If recoil is not an issue look into...
Cor Bon Gold Dot Hollow point
Ranger SXT
Federal HST
in the 124 grain range +P

Find the one that feeds 100% in your pistol. Any of these will put a significant hurt on the bad guy if the bullet meets center of mass.

!@#$
08-19-2009, 5:50 PM
147 grain rangerT, HST, or gold dot

Pryde
08-19-2009, 6:04 PM
147 grain rangerT, HST, or gold dot

I second the 147gr ranger suggestion. That is what I always have loaded in my CCW.

maxicon
08-19-2009, 6:09 PM
I've put a ton of Speer Gold Dot +P 115gr and WWB range ammo through my CZ75Bs with no problems. I've also shot a good bit of Federal 124gr EFMJ +P through them.

For that matter, I've never had a problem with any ammo in any of mine. They tend to digest just about anything, so find something affordable with a decent reputation, and buy a pile of it.

caldude
08-19-2009, 9:26 PM
I have some Federal HST that I had FTFs on in my 75B. The hollow of the bullet would occasionally get hung up on the edge of the feed ramp. I imagine the Corbon Powerball would feed better.

Fantasma
08-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I use Speer Gold Dot's in my CZ75B..

rivviepop
08-20-2009, 9:34 AM
I have some Federal HST that I had FTFs on in my 75B. The hollow of the bullet would occasionally get hung up on the edge of the feed ramp. I imagine the Corbon Powerball would feed better.

I've run into one other person who's also had a feeding problem in her SP-01 with 124gr HST rounds, although I've never had a problem myself with any ammo in any of the CZs. I load 124 and 147 HSTs in the CZs and they run like a champ. *shrug*

SCMA-1
08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I use either Corbon 124gr JHP or Winchester Ranger T 127gr JHP in my 9mm's for defensive purposes.

SCMA-1

TurboS600
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I would whole-heartedly recommend the Ranger-Ts. You can see the difference for yourself. Go to www.calccw.com and use the search function and type in "Golden Saber." From there, click the link to the Ranger Ts vs. Golden Saber by rolexbenz190. He did a comparison himself using .45 cal and the difference is amazing! If you want the BEST stopping power, you have to get the Rangers. They may be difficult to get ahold of if you aren't LE, but they can be found if you try.

I used to have some Golden Sabers that I got while visiting my parents in Idaho. This was just a little while back when ANY ammo was hard to find, much less SD ammo. When I saw the pics for myself, I took whatever steps necessary to get my hands on the Rangers. I paid a stiff price, but I feel it was worth EVERY penny. Now the Golden Sabers are on the back shelf of the safe and the Ranger Ts are in my weapon daily. When the rubber meets the road, you want stopping power, pardon the pun. :rolleyes:

bruss01
08-20-2009, 1:10 PM
I didn't think there was anything better, am I wrong? Didn't think so. I just bought 500 rounds off gunbroker, it's pretty easy to find. Not cheap, but we're not talking about cheap ammo to have fun with, we're talking about maybe saving your life someday. When you put it that way, "cheap" is pretty low on my list of priorities. Ranger T-series open up like a starfish pretty reliably. Look for gunbroker seller AmmunitionCenter. Whatever ammo you want, odds are good he's got it.