PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Residency - Technical Issue

echang86
08-18-2009, 7:01 PM
I recently moved to Bradbury, CA. (Small city with a population of little over 800, east of Monrovia, north of Duarte) My updated utility bills and car registration shows city and zip code as Bradbury, 91008. The weird thing is, when I went to the Pasadena DMV, to update the address on my California driver's license, Bradbury, 91008 did not work. The only thing the computers would accept was Bradbury, 91010. I don't know what's up with this city... Google Maps recognizes my address as Duarte, 91008.

Is this going to be an issue for my next handgun purchase? The addresses are the same. The only difference is the zip code is 91010 on my driver's license, and 91008 on all my proof or residencies (car registration, utility bills)

thefurball
08-18-2009, 8:00 PM
I doubt they will even notice, and I certainly would NOT point it out to them.

I might call the Posrmaster and ask if they have had any similar issues.

Big Jake
08-18-2009, 8:04 PM
It should not matter at all. You need to prove that you are a resident of California to purchase firearm. Where in California does not matter.

One Shot, One Dropped
08-18-2009, 8:09 PM
I was under the belief that they needed to match, and, if so, I would expect it to cause an issue (discrepancy in paperwork).

I guess, it could come down to the opinion of the FFL.

Who knows, try it out!

echang86
08-18-2009, 8:31 PM
I was under the belief that they needed to match, and, if so, I would expect it to cause an issue (discrepancy in paperwork).

Who knows, try it out!

That's what I thought too...

I can't see it being a huge issue, cause the addresses match right? However, I would understand if a FFL rejected it, due to the very minor technicality.

Z ME FLY
08-18-2009, 9:14 PM

Who knows, try it out!

When I sold some guns before the buyer's info didn't match. Not a problem. I highly doubt just the change in zip code would cause a fuss.

dfletcher
08-18-2009, 9:40 PM
I predict no one will notice or care. Until you spot a 6" Python for $599.00 and the guy behind you is screaming "I want it - I'll take it if he doesn't ....."

K5Cruiser
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I was in Enterprise Arms the other day and there were two guys doing a PPT. The buyer had a discrepancy in his documents due to an address change, but it didn't stop him from being able to do the transfer.

Bradbury is definitely a nice place to live.

Z ME FLY
08-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I was in Enterprise Arms the other day and there were two guys doing a PPT. The buyer had a discrepancy in his documents due to an address change, but it didn't stop him from being able to do the transfer.

Bradbury is definitely a nice place to live.

What could of happen is that they put a note on the DROS form for when the guy comes back he has to bring proof. That happened for one or two of my transfers.

locosway
08-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Turners might catch it because they are anal about their paperwork.

throwdown808
08-19-2009, 11:14 AM
You should be fine and you are very close to Gun runners.

SONYEXEC
08-19-2009, 1:53 PM
I'm with the majority, I would be surprised if they noticed let alone made it an issue. The zip code issue is out of your hands and control so I would guess your only other option (if it becomes an issue) would be somekind of letter from your local post office (post master) good luck with that one. Like others said, i wouldn't point it out to them.

Congrats, Bradbury is a nice area...dated a girl that lived in Monrovia so Im familiar with the area.

thempopresense
08-19-2009, 6:12 PM
try mailing yourself a couple different letters.