PDA

View Full Version : some place to shoot?

quagmiles
04-30-2005, 8:36 PM
So far I've only shot my guns at paper targets at an indoor range. While fun I dream of lining up beer cans, plates, bottles, any and everything that looks like it would be fun to shoot. I'm not interested in hunting just plinking. Where can I do this? I live in S.F. Would only like to drive an hour or so. But if more, so be it. And of course I would clean up any mess I made. I'm no litterbug. BTW I shoot .22 rifle, handgun, .38 handgun and 12 gage. I might even bring my air guns. Any one know where? BLM land? National Forest? Some ranch land? I havent an idea where to go. Thanks to any one who responds.

Rascal
05-02-2005, 8:50 PM
Hi and Welcome to the site.
Panoche Hills is probably the closest BLM land that comes to mind. It is probably 1.5 to 2 hours hours south of S.F. off I-5.

bwiese
05-04-2005, 2:44 PM
Los Altos Rod & Gun Club (near intersection of Hwys 9 & 35) has a "tin can alley" which you can shoot water jugs, milk cartons, etc. (Sorry, no PCs, washers, dryers, TVs, etc - and you have to clean up after yourself too.)
Rifle or handgun.

Bill W
San Jose

JAFGO
05-05-2005, 9:23 PM
http://calguns.net/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5126090881/m/2446076223

Krusher
06-10-2005, 1:39 AM
While I understand your wants,
I also am concerned by your post.
you want to shoot at beer cans, ok able to
be picked up, Should load them up with sand.

Plates bottles, even tho you may be thikning like me, When you get out there, you would notice, that there is no real way you can
be able to pick up that glass etc,
Its hard enough to find all your brass..

You may just considder paper http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Just go for longer shots, makes it a lot more fun http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just request you REALLY CLEAN UP..
I know I do but it seems a lot say they will and dont... last place i went to had a pile of about 3 or 4 year old brass. It came back with me and ended up in the proper trash..

Pack it in, Pack it out,
And if you got room pack some extra out

Originally posted by quagmiles:
So far I've only shot my guns at paper targets at an indoor range. While fun I dream of lining up beer cans, plates, bottles, any and everything that looks like it would be fun to shoot. I'm not interested in hunting just plinking. Where can I do this? I live in S.F. Would only like to drive an hour or so. But if more, so be it. And of course I would clean up any mess I made. I'm no litterbug. BTW I shoot .22 rifle, handgun, .38 handgun and 12 gage. I might even bring my air guns. Any one know where? BLM land? National Forest? Some ranch land? I havent an idea where to go. Thanks to any one who responds.

jdberger
06-13-2005, 12:58 AM
+1

74man
06-26-2005, 2:32 PM
I know that you said you shoot in indoor ranges, I know of a couple of outdoor ranges where you can shoot. One in Yolo County called Yolo County Sportsman Association. It is behind the Yolo County airport off of I-505. take the Winters exit, turn right and follow to road 95 then take left on rd.95 to rd. 29 take right and follow sign for Yolo Sportsman Assn. The other is somewhere in Concord, have not been there just heard about it.

freonr22
06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
reeds?