PDA

View Full Version : Strange experience at Dublin Knives & Guns today

Eastbayguy
08-18-2009, 3:38 PM
PPT, I was a seller. I rembember being asked a lot questions, phone number
place of birth (non citizen), etc, doing fingerprint on the back of the DROS form.
Nothing this time. I just gave a girl my driver license & green card and that was it. I asked for a copy of invoice just in case.

Z ME FLY
08-18-2009, 3:41 PM
Were you the seller the last time? Normally if you buy a gun they will ask you those questions on the form. If you are the seller there isn't a lot you give out.

Eastbayguy
08-18-2009, 3:48 PM
Were you the seller the last time? Normally if you buy a gun they will ask you those questions on the form. If you are the seller there isn't a lot you give out.
They still asked me for a home phone number last time when I sold a handgun
and they filled up DROS form on computer immediately, like the instant background check or sort of.

wilit
08-18-2009, 7:28 PM
I did a PPT at Target Masters and I was the seller. They asked for the same info.

leelaw
08-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Hm... They need more than what's on your DL for a PPT, as a seller.

aplinker
08-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Did they use the rejection hotline for callback phone number?

roc
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
seller doesnt need to provide a whole lot of info. thats about it.

leelaw
08-19-2009, 1:27 AM
seller doesnt need to provide a whole lot of info. thats about it.

They need more than what the DL or CA ID card shows.

bootcamp
08-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Bottom line, the buyer has more info taken from them than the seller does.

But I have been to a store or two where the seller needed to get finger printed.

DDRH
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I did a PPT at Target Masters and I was the seller. They asked for the same info.

As most of you know, TM is known for taking personal info. You can't buy anything there without giving out personal info. :confused:

Z ME FLY
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM

But I have been to a store or two where the seller needed to get finger printed.

Heck the only thing I think I gave when we did our PPT was my CDL and phone #. That's pretty much how it goes when I sell stuff at most FFLs. At Bullseye I just fill out a small slip, sign one or two places and I am done. The slip just asked for the same info on CDL and phone number.

leelaw
08-19-2009, 4:05 PM

My bottom line is that the seller needs to give more than just a CA DL or CA ID.

If the CA DL or CA ID is all that an FFL ever requests of the seller in a PPT, then something is being missed.

Eastbayguy
08-19-2009, 5:29 PM
So, I would send a request to DOJ to give me a list of handguns registered in my
name, just in case.