PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK field strip liquid lube or grease?

40CAL
08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
What are you using? I need to lube my Glock and was wondering what you guys recommend. Did you buy it from a gun shop or any Walmart or Big 5?
I've seen a few different types of oils but just wanted to see what your experience has been.

Thanks.

DVSmith
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I used break free lube on all my guns. This is one of those, if it works and you have it, use it kind of deals.

Black Majik
08-18-2009, 12:01 PM
6 drops of oil is all you need.

frankiejoe577
08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I had a whole thread about this when I first got my glock. Pretty much any lube will work some people even use motor oil. Its all personal choice. I just went with CLP from Big 5. works great in my Glock

Break Free makes CLP fyi

This might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWpFyGsbUI&feature=channel

ghost
08-18-2009, 12:20 PM
i usually use slip2000 on the internals a drip here and there goes a long way.then i use tetra grease on the frame/rails.i do this to my 1911`s as well.

DVSmith
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
i usually use slip2000 on the internals a drip here and there goes a long way.then i use tetra grease on the frame/rails.i do this to my 1911`s as well.

Good point about grease on the rails. Grease doesn't get all over the place when you shoot like oil can if you get too much applied.

1911su16b870
08-18-2009, 1:02 PM
Glock lube - a little goes along way, only a few tiny drops are required.
As seen in the manual...
Barrel
Area under slide, along top edge
Slide rails x2
disconnector
tiny amount on each rail

I like Breakfree CLP, Remoil is also good (not prone to wander :) ).

cook2s
08-18-2009, 1:06 PM
I prefer using grease over oil. Either shooters choice or wilson combat ultima-lube. easy to use and stays where it needs to.

ironpete
08-18-2009, 1:17 PM
I use 5 drops of CLP as shown to me by a Glock armorer at a GSSF event.

As a variation I sometimes substitute grease on the slide rails.

-pete

roc
08-18-2009, 1:29 PM
i started using automotive bearing grease on the rails as well as rubbung a thin layer over other moving parts on my gunsmith's recommendation. oil drips off and grease sticks on better. bearing grease (the red stuff) also is rated for extremely high temperatures not to say much cheaper than other gun grease. has been working great. the only problem is that grease attracts dirt and might need to be cleaned out more often so dont over do it.

hybridatsun350
08-18-2009, 2:32 PM
I only use grease (Wilson Combat). One small dab on each of these areas...

-Inside of each slide rail.
-Where the barrel rides on the inside of the slide.
-Inside the locking lug
-Where the trigger bar and the connector meet.

To much lube can be a bad thing.

Greg-Dawg
08-18-2009, 4:48 PM
Hoppes #9 lube, at a gun shop.

Mstnpete
08-18-2009, 4:53 PM
2 Thing I like using: Specially for competition shooting on sandy & dusty outdoors: Shooting Glocks or my STI Open Race guns.

Gun butter & Brian Enos- Slide Guide, either one works perfect.<--- makes the slide feels like it's on Accurail!
For metal to metal I like using Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Lowest grade. Synthetic oil works well in a variety of temperatures and will not thicken in cold weather. I have tried using different oils in cold dessert weather and most of them caused problems.

HondaMasterTech
08-18-2009, 4:54 PM
Inner CV joint grease. Perfect viscosity and durability. I use it because it's free ;)

TMC
08-18-2009, 5:28 PM
oil is oil as long as there is some on it while you shoot.

Stormfeather
08-21-2009, 2:02 AM
oil? lube? on a glock? Nope.

Voo
08-21-2009, 8:43 AM
I use a few drops of lube(weaponshield CLP or Mobil1) on the rails plus a dab of grease on the connector if I'm doing a complete detail cleaning of it. I have a plastic syringe that I use to apply the grease right where the connector and trigger bar slide against each other.

I typically use whatever's within arms' reach. CLP (breakfree or weaponshield), Mobil1, bearing grease, lithishield grease, Militec.. Ive tried this, that, honestly, it hasn't made any noticeable difference.

Conservatively speaking, I've been putting close to 15,000 rounds through it a year. Your glock should run, lubed or not.

MarioS
08-22-2009, 1:27 AM
I just use Break Free CLP for pretty much everything, and spend quality time cleaning out hard to reach areas. No problems, works for all the pistols I've owned.