View Full Version : i need an ffl in socal that will ppt a cobray pm11

05-29-2005, 9:06 PM
anyone know an ffl that will do it? it is a non AW but i can't find an ffl that will transfer it. thanks

05-29-2005, 10:15 PM
To me, "Socal" means only what lies south of Orange and Riverside County. Anything else is the "rest of" the state.

Where do you live?

05-30-2005, 8:26 PM
No one.. you'll have to send it over to me so that I can get my FFL to PPT it for me. Thanks.. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


05-30-2005, 9:35 PM
i am in north orange county (91&5). i can't find an ffl to do the transfer. i am willing to drive anywhere in socal to do the transfer provided they WILL do the transfer. i have driven to on target to find out they won't transfer without a letter from doj stateing the pm11 is not an AW.i don't want to go through the doj crap for a letter. how much is a fair price for it?it has not been shot much. thanks

05-30-2005, 9:57 PM
Which FFL have you contacted? Where is the gun located? Does it have threaded barrel?
Maybe from there we can help you out.

As On-Target suggested, it would save you lots of time by just getting that letter from CA DoJ.

There is a "find" button on the forum page, just click that and enter "Cobray" and you should get some hits.
They seem to go for 700 dollars but might be higher now.

06-01-2005, 8:42 AM
Have you tried Ade's Gunshop in Orange?

225 South Tustin St
Orange, CA 92866

Very nice guy who will do PPT. If this is a face to face, an FFL can't refuse to do the transfer. He is required to do it by law, unless the gun itself can't be legally transferred. His fees are also set by the state law.

06-05-2005, 1:21 PM
Ade's a good guy.

As far as an FFL refuse to do a transfer, I think they can, after all it's a business and they have the right to refuse. I don't agree on fees set either, since the fees is $30 for PPT, why is the Firing Line in Huntington Beach do transfers for $35?

06-08-2005, 8:56 PM
the cobray pm11 does not have a threaded barrel. how do i get a letter from the doj? how long does this take? i guess i will take it to ades and see what he says. your telling me these go for $700+? if that is true maybe it would be better to do a trade. that would probably be a better deal for both parties.

06-09-2005, 2:21 PM