PDA

View Full Version : Panoche Pinata Shoot III September 19, 2009

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoBob
08-18-2009, 5:08 AM
OK guys here it is. Those interested in heading down to Panoche Hills for some pinata blasting and some good fun mark your calendars, buy your pinatas and Tannerite. Hope you all can make it. We will be doing a small clean up of the area so bring trash bags and your rakes. Don't forget some sunscreen and water as I'm sure it will be warm on the mountain top. For those of you who have not been to Panoche Hills there are no services what we bring in we must bring out. Cell phone reception is spotty at best. Just as a side note I have sent a PM to Zombifried and have yet to hear from her. I'm sure she is still trying to put her life back in order after the passing of James.

PS group hugs will not be permitted...... :rofl2:

PorkLover
08-18-2009, 8:26 AM
I'll try to make this one.....would like to meet the rest of you calgunners......I have to work that night, 8pm......what time will this start?.....also, where can one buy some of that Mr. "T"..........

Fjold
08-18-2009, 9:05 AM
Panoche isn't to far. Can you post a latitude and longitude for the shooting area to do a Google Earth lookup?

domokun
08-18-2009, 9:14 AM
Doh, I can't make it to this one if it's on the 19th. I'm on-call for work and have to be in an area where my cell phone works 100% in addition to being within a 1hr drive of South San Jose. :(

BroncoBob
08-18-2009, 9:15 AM
Panoche isn't to far. Can you post a latitude and longitude for the shooting area to do a Google Earth lookup?

Frank try these
36.712381,-120.862366

Standard
08-18-2009, 6:39 PM
I should be there unless something important comes up in the mean time.
Looking forward to it.

doughboy334
08-18-2009, 7:10 PM
I'll put it up on the schedule, hope i can make it

Fjold
08-18-2009, 7:12 PM
Frank try these
36.712381,-120.862366

Thanks Bob!

Acorn556
08-18-2009, 9:27 PM
No hugging? I'm half tempted to be absent this time. Shooting starts whenever people show up. I think it was around 9ish last time and we left there, after all the talking, around 6. Some of us left earlier to go home and some of us went to get food and talk more. I'll find the directions from the last thread and post them up.

I'll have to figure out if I can order some of that Tannerite. I can contribute to the Pinatas though in case those WITH Tannerite (and responsible for bringing Roland) could use mine.

If you have any type of a canopy bring that too. If you look at the past two shoots people always have these. Some are even nice enough to share. Tables too. I might try and pull up with the back of my truck open and sit under my camper shell. Plus that saves me from adding to the amount of brass that has to be picked up.

Someone should bring a couple of plastic buckets, could work as a seat and then hold trash. Cheap from home depot. Im going to steal Bob's idea for targets. Pretty crafty idea.

Acorn556
08-18-2009, 9:44 PM
Tried to post the link Bob posted last time from Google maps.

According to Page 12 (or 13) this is how you get there. Changed from the original of course.
Exit I-5 South @ Mercer Hot Springs. Follow that road for what seams like forever and on the left you'll see a BIG SIGN that says Panoche Access road. Drive up that road until you think your lost and see a chain link fence that makes you wonder what's past there. Keep driving until you see a big yellowish cattle gate. If you dont turn left at this gate you've just ruined your ride home. LOL! Look to your left and ask if these people know where the calgun shoot is at Panoche.

Watcho out for nagorb...he's been known to get people to do some crazy things and take pictures of it.

nagorb
08-18-2009, 9:46 PM
Bob you remembered my birthday how sweet.

As long as school doesnt get in the way I'll be there.

No hugging or you may end up as the designated pinata holder.

nagorb
08-18-2009, 9:50 PM
I won't forget my rake this time as long as Bob wont break it.

nagorb
08-18-2009, 9:58 PM
Tried to post the link Bob posted last time from Google maps.

According to Page 12 (or 13) this is how you get there. Changed from the original of course.
Exit I-5 South @ shields ave. Follow that road for what seams like forever and on the left you'll see a BIG SIGN that says Panoche Access road if you drive past mercy hot springs turn around you went too far. Drive up that road until you think your lost and see a chain link fence that makes you wonder what's past there. Keep driving until you see a big yellowish cattle gate. If you dont turn left at this gate you've just ruined your ride home. LOL! Look to your left and ask if these people know where the calgun shoot is at Panoche. i

nagorb wont take pics of people hugging.

Corrections made

Edit: its my 600th post

Acorn556
08-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Somehow I knew you would find this as soon as I posted it. I guess this time its YOUR turn to be in a picture.

With our directions theres NO WAY anyone will get lost. Maybe I should have added that if you stop off at Shell they will tell you it's 8 miles when you mention Panoche. Is that odd to anyone else considering it's slightly south of Los Banos...?

Side note: There is a sweet camera in the classifieds on here I want to buy. Same one I owned before a female decided she wanted it more.

nagorb
08-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Somehow I knew you would find this as soon as I posted it. I guess this time its YOUR turn to be in a picture.

With our directions theres NO WAY anyone will get lost. Maybe I should have added that if you stop off at Shell they will tell you it's 8 miles when you mention Panoche. Is that odd to anyone else considering it's slightly south of Los Banos...?

Side note: There is a sweet camera in the classifieds on here I want to buy. Same one I owned before a female decided she wanted it more.

I will take no part in such pictures.

Acorn556
08-18-2009, 11:27 PM
HAHAHAHA its all good fun. What good is talking about how much fun it is when no one sees us standing around doing nothing. Guess we should bring more cameras this time, hard to cleanup with a camera in hand.

nagorb
08-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I would have had a pic but remember I cant work cameras

nagorb
08-19-2009, 1:19 AM
I should bring some tutus for the next group hug.

We still need to get a video of Bob wooing his pinata.

BroncoBob
08-19-2009, 7:06 PM
You guys are getting out of control.

Fjold
08-19-2009, 7:21 PM
You're making me want to come up there just to meet you jokers.

nagorb
08-19-2009, 7:43 PM

It was really fun last time, except when they kept telling me to hold the tannerite, I got the feeling they were serious:eek:

BroncoBob
08-19-2009, 7:58 PM

Hey Frank, it's safe. Lots of joking going on here between Acorn556 and nagorb. We had a great time at the last shoot. Some of us older gents just have to keep the younger guys under control. lol

nagorb
08-19-2009, 8:12 PM
Yeah its all in fun. Safety is #1.

BroncoBob
08-19-2009, 8:16 PM
Yeah its all in fun. Safety is #1.

How many times did we kick someone off the range last time?

4 or 5 times........

nagorb
08-19-2009, 8:25 PM
At least 5. I don't know if I like shooting or kicking people off the range better.

BroncoBob
08-19-2009, 8:31 PM
At least 5. I don't know if I like shooting or kicking people off the range better.

Wasn't it " Your outta here"?

smp89
08-19-2009, 8:39 PM
Sorry, if its on the 19th Im a no go. The gun show (cow palace) is that weekend and I need supplies.

nagorb
08-19-2009, 9:05 PM
Wasn't it " Your outta here"?

That sounds about right.

nagorb
08-19-2009, 9:06 PM
Sorry, if its on the 19th Im a no go. The gun show (cow palace) is that weekend and I need supplies.

Me too but I'm going on Sunday.

Acorn556
08-19-2009, 9:25 PM
It was really fun last time, except when they kept telling me to hold the tannerite, I got the feeling they were serious:eek:

:rofl2:

:11:

I'd be more worried about the pinata being wooed than someone wearing a tutu shooting an AR.

I don't remember people being told to get off the range of course I came later on so I guess people learned fast. Anyone can call a seize fire to check targets and move stuff around. Tannerite is usually mixed during this time. I think around 4 or 5ish will be about time where everyone starts packing up and gets ready for the cleanup.

ldivinag
08-19-2009, 10:16 PM
will this be a clothing optional shoot and meet????

jk... lol...

i'm 90% there.

dmaverick
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
My wife and I will try to make this one.

BroncoBob
08-20-2009, 3:56 PM
Hey hope to see you there.

Acorn556
08-20-2009, 9:53 PM
will this be a clothing optional shoot and meet????

jk... lol...

i'm 90% there.

90% to being clothed? I'm not sure I'd share that on a forum....might turn up as a signature quote.

The only clothing required for "clothing optional" is a tutu. nagorb is bringing some of his and he might whine about it being close to his b-day. lol!

nagorb
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah I can borrow one of my sisters if you want acorn556.

wikidklown
08-21-2009, 5:06 PM

Oh Crap, I forgot about that....I guess we'll be absent....
My only free weekend for panoche is the 26th/27th:cool:

nagorb
08-21-2009, 6:27 PM
Dude you cant miss it.

BroncoBob
08-21-2009, 7:31 PM
Oh Crap, I forgot about that....I guess we'll be absent....
My only free weekend for panoche is the 26th/27th:cool:

Hey Roland, oh well maybe you can make the clean up that Turby will organize. Those are a blast. Clean a little, shoot a lot......The last part of the month I've got physical fricken inventory. Just the weekend of hell. See ya in October if you can make the clean up.

Oh yeah, got word back from zombifried, she is not available for PPS III. So the show will go on without her. From the PM's I've recieved back it still looks like the 19th is the best date so we'll not change it. Hope to see all of you who can make it.

knucklehead 61
08-22-2009, 7:06 AM
i'll probably be there as well as bringing 1 to 3 friends.

if anyone needs any tannerite i still have some more for sale, time to stock up! :chris:

Blue
08-22-2009, 7:13 AM
Will a minivan make it or is a truck/4x4 needed?

Acorn556
08-22-2009, 7:28 AM
Yeah I can borrow one of my sisters if you want acorn556.

EPCI FTW!!!!!!!!

Minivan will make it fine. Honda Accord could make it fine. Not a tough road, jsut dirt. If your worried about scratches or dust don't bring that car. Other than that its just a long dirt road to the top of the hill. Google Earth it.

BroncoBob
08-22-2009, 8:56 AM
i'll probably be there as well as bringing 1 to 3 friends.

if anyone needs any tannerite i still have some more for sale, time to stock up! :chris:

Super! See you there.

BroncoBob
08-22-2009, 9:00 AM
Will a minivan make it or is a truck/4x4 needed?

Hey Blue no problem with the mini van. The access road is gravel with some ruts in it. Take it slow and you shouldn't have a problem. The one spot that seems to get 50% of the guys with low cars is at the very top where we park. We have some safety cones at work I think I'll bring a couple just to alert people of that one spot. Hope to see you up there.

Joe Smokey
08-22-2009, 6:30 PM
September 19th might not work for me, I'll have to check with my friends.

I'll keep tabs on this thread though, I'm really interested in a calguns meet.

Acorn556
08-22-2009, 7:02 PM
Maybe we could figure out a carpool setup again. I know a couple people come from up north and some from around the San Jose area. Those of us who have been there before could lead those who are virgins to a calguns Panoche shoot. Maybe some of the guys who couldn't make it last time could make it this time.

Oh I'll be getting a Calguns hat with Acorn556 on the side so everyone can put the name with the face and the face with the tutu.

FWIW...I MIGHT have a Desert Eagle 50AE instead of my AR this time....it's not set in stone since I have only shot my AR once and the 50AE ammo is about $1.25+ a round and hard to find.

smp89
08-22-2009, 8:10 PM
Ok I'm defiantly out for the 19th. The gun show was one strike, now the Mayweather fight being the same day. :mad:

nagorb
08-22-2009, 8:41 PM
Both you and Roland wont be going! It won't be a panache shoot without you. Hope you can make it to the cleanup.

domokun
08-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Both you and Roland wont be going! It won't be a panache shoot without you. Hope you can make it to the cleanup.

I won't be there either. I hope your 10/22 is behaving properly this time around. :)

nagorb
08-23-2009, 1:44 AM
I won't be there either. I hope your 10/22 is behaving properly this time around. :)

I still haven't fixed it yet but it should be done by the shoot.

smp89
08-23-2009, 1:48 PM

Has the date for the clean up been announced?

nagorb
08-23-2009, 2:11 PM
Not yet but I think it might be in October, not sure though.

Blue
08-23-2009, 2:13 PM
Hey Blue no problem with the mini van. The access road is gravel with some ruts in it. Take it slow and you shouldn't have a problem. The one spot that seems to get 50% of the guys with low cars is at the very top where we park. We have some safety cones at work I think I'll bring a couple just to alert people of that one spot. Hope to see you up there.

Sweet, that's a week after my birthday, maybe I'll ask for ammo for my bday :43: Is 50bmg allowed up there? I haven't shot mine yet, still need to order rings and get a locking case for it.

BroncoBob
08-23-2009, 2:55 PM
Sweet, that's a week after my birthday, maybe I'll ask for ammo for my bday :43: Is 50bmg allowed up there? I haven't shot mine yet, still need to order rings and get a locking case for it.

I don't know of any restrictions.

Blue
08-23-2009, 3:24 PM
I was reading you can hunt up there? Is there any yotes or other vermin we can kill?

smp89
08-23-2009, 7:34 PM
Not yet but I think it might be in October, not sure though.

by then the gate will be open! I'll be camping there in October!

nagorb
08-23-2009, 7:51 PM
Yeah thats what I'm waiting for, and then fires are allowed.

BroncoBob
08-24-2009, 8:55 AM
I was reading you can hunt up there? Is there any yotes or other vermin we can kill?

As I understand it you can, but there are some no go areas. I would suggest that you contact the local Ranger station to get the full information you what. Ping Turby he has the number.

BroncoBob
08-24-2009, 8:56 AM

Now this is a scary thought, you anywhere close to fire...............lol

nagorb
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Why do people always say that?

nagorb
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Seriously though you really do need to be careful with fires at panoche.

smp89
08-24-2009, 1:25 PM

so that means no fires for you!

BroncoBob
08-24-2009, 2:25 PM

Ok let's do a review..... Fire + dry grass + windy conditions............. Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

wikidklown
08-24-2009, 3:06 PM

You planning on bringing your flame thrower? Are you going to use that as deterent for any sort of group hug picture taking:43:

Standard
08-25-2009, 9:58 AM
So this is happening on the 19th, and definitely not the 12th?

BroncoBob
08-25-2009, 10:11 AM
So this is happening on the 19th, and definitely not the 12th?

Firm date is the 19th.

nagorb
08-25-2009, 3:37 PM
Is this turning into a flame session?

Wow I am too funny.

I seem to remember I almost kicked a few of you guys off the range.:p

diginit
08-25-2009, 4:53 PM

Are we talking Sept 19th???? or waiting till october. :confused:
The T&S Show is in San Jose Sept 19th.
http://www.tsgunshows.com/
Didn't know there was one at the Palace.

Acorn556
08-25-2009, 7:13 PM
I might not be able to make this one. Stuff has come up and some things that I understood to be setup for now don't appear to be setup and I might have to go without on this shoot. I'm hoping what I thought would happen by this Friday happens and it's only Tuesday.

As far as the flame thrower detering any group hug photos...yeah...there was enough flaming going on already. Flame thrower optional.

BroncoBob
08-26-2009, 6:42 PM
I might not be able to make this one. Stuff has come up and some things that I understood to be setup for now don't appear to be setup and I might have to go without on this shoot. I'm hoping what I thought would happen by this Friday happens and it's only Tuesday.

As far as the flame thrower detering any group hug photos...yeah...there was enough flaming going on already. Flame thrower optional.

Hey WTH! Well hope to see you at the clean up. Just ordered up some tannerite so I'll be ready.

nagorb
08-26-2009, 8:28 PM
I was hoping we would be able to make fun of each other in person :(

Good luck with whatever's going on.

Acorn556
08-26-2009, 9:24 PM
I was hoping we would be able to make fun of each other in person :(

Good luck with whatever's going on.

I think we would be the center of attention there...plus you said I could shoot your mosin if I asked nicely. Plus the last thing we need is a tutue picture of the two of us hugging since you were behind the camera last time when you weren't breaking rakes.

Hmm....tannerite....mosin....I could buy a Pinata and place it on the hill for a REAL challenge......tempting......considering......work .....ugh...calguns is killing my career and workaholic attitude. I'm 60/40 going.

Have ammo from the last shoot and just waiting for the full time offer from work to come through for sure.

This time I think we need a dedicated camera person for each pinata. We will probably get really good videos and maybe some audio this time. Nothing like the real boom of some tannerite to make everyone jealous of missing out. Anyone have a connection with a big steel plate to place out 500 yards? Could make for some interesting reload tests. Roland just might have the "special" ones ready for everyone else to try out.

wikidklown
08-27-2009, 4:42 AM
Is this turning into a flame session?

Wow I am too funny.

I seem to remember I almost kicked a few of you guys off the range.:p

You did:p
Hey, I need to get the handguard to you so you can finish your upper.

smp89
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I have tannerite for anyone who wants or needs it -Panoche discount $ 75 a case!

BroncoBob
08-27-2009, 5:32 PM
I have tannerite for anyone who wants or needs it -Panoche discount $ 75 a case!

I thought we got rid of all your stash...... Next time

Blue
08-27-2009, 5:34 PM
If I go I will definately be bringing steel for everyone to rape with their bullet hoses.

Acorn556
08-27-2009, 11:03 PM
If I go I will definately be bringing steel for everyone to rape with their bullet hoses.

If you want we could cruise out there together. I'm a little south of you and I'm always up for meeting new shooting people. Plus if you have access to steel that easily I'd take a 8-10" plate. Maybe when the gates open you can find a piece big enough to make into a torso sized target for the spot we talked about last time.

I'm looking forward to trying that steel target off to the right. I think someone mentioned another one too.

nagorb
08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
So does that mean you're going?

Standard
08-28-2009, 7:26 AM
I'm going. I bought some mannequins from Gottschalks when they went out of business. Should be fun :)

BroncoBob
08-28-2009, 8:11 AM
I'm going. I bought some mannequins from Gottschalks when they went out of business. Should be fun :)

Wow, that's cool. My wife use to work for them until they closed and they wanted like $50 for just the upper torso. I was going to pick up some till I saw the price.

Standard
08-28-2009, 2:06 PM
Wow, that's cool. My wife use to work for them until they closed and they wanted like $50 for just the upper torso. I was going to pick up some till I saw the price.

I waited until a week before they closed. $15 each :)
I'll try to get some metal plates and what not from my dad's shop too.
I've also got an O2 tank sitting around....I had two...didn't know they still had oxygen in them. 1 left :D

smp89
08-28-2009, 3:39 PM
I thought we got rid of all your stash...... Next time

I have 50 cases on hand, so I won't be running out soon.

BroncoBob
08-28-2009, 3:58 PM
I have 50 cases on hand, so I won't be running out soon.

I guess not.

BroncoBob
08-28-2009, 3:59 PM
I waited until a week before they closed. $15 each :)
I'll try to get some metal plates and what not from my dad's shop too.
I've also got an O2 tank sitting around....I had two...didn't know they still had oxygen in them. 1 left :D

Crap if I would have seen that price I would have picked up a couple

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I say we put the maniquen against the hill and give each shooter 1 shot. If it's anything like last time it will be there for a while.

If you have any cases left I might have you set me up with one. didn't get paid this week because someone waited to approve them, and someone waited just as long to submit them, so 1 case of 6 cans of tannerite and some pinatas might work. Maybe the maniquen should have 5 lbs of tannerite so it's EXTRA cool when it's hit.

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:09 PM
hey bob...any chance you could invite Reverand Stanley Burrell? I know he lives in your area of the state....could be some good fun away from the general public and see him enjoy it. Imagine that. Reverand Burrel showing up to calguns shoot and us wishing we had something to write on.
I'd tell him to bring the whole family and we'll take care of the fun.

"Yo! Hammer...come shoot my gun while I take a picture of this" Guess it brings a new meaning to "hammer time"

GoodEyeSniper
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
What exactly is Panoche? BLM land??

I'd be tempted to drive down there. Probably can't get two saturdays off in a row though :(

nagorb
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Its like Disneyland but for shooters :43:

Yes its BLM.

tommygunr
08-28-2009, 11:36 PM
What exactly is Panoche? BLM land??

I'd be tempted to drive down there. Probably can't get two saturdays off in a row though :(

yes BLM land it is:) Panoche hills http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoche_Hills

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:37 PM
holy smokes you're awake........we need to hang out more. Nothing like a big red head and a skinny guy wearing a tutu that says CALGUNS PARTY! plus we're both online right now. Know of any open land to shoot an AR, 1911, mosin and some other fun toys around 1:00am on a saturday?

tommygunr
08-28-2009, 11:39 PM
holy smokes you're awake........we need to hang out more. Nothing like a big red head and a skinny guy wearing a tutu that says CALGUNS PARTY! plus we're both online right now. Know of any open land to shoot an AR, 1911, mosin and some other fun toys around 1:00am on a saturday?

Not with with out jail time being evolved:D

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:39 PM
oh no....Tommy's coming out....bringin that pistol target setup again....might have to actually TRY and hit that steel plate at ~100 yards with a 1911 this time.

I don't think that hill will have enough parking. Word to the wise....Those interested should bring a canopy and a folding chair...table optional. Who was the guy bump firing last time? Forget the name but see the face. Helped me try to spot in my sights.

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Not with with out jail time being evolved:D

So you're saying you'll be the friend next to me saying it was worth it?

would tannerite, pinantas, 5.56 ammo and a large case of brass be involved?

tommygunr
08-28-2009, 11:46 PM
So you're saying you'll be the friend next to me saying it was worth it?

would tannerite, pinantas, 5.56 ammo and a large case of brass be involved?

If i'm going to jail it's going to have to be something bigger than a pinantas:smilielol5:

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:49 PM
10lbs tannerite, 50 BMG tracer rounds and detachable magazines enough?

I'm trying to figure out what we could blow up right now that would warrent NOT being an internet commando and would get BroncoBob to tell us how glad he wasn' awake.....then nagorb can tell us he missed out on taking pictures.

tommygunr
08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
8lbs( all I have left) + 5gal. propane = 10 o'clock news & shiny matching bracelets

Acorn556
08-28-2009, 11:56 PM
as long as they match.

now for the obvious.

:useless:

tommygunr
08-29-2009, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NF40lGR28
this should do for now:D

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NF40lGR28
this should do for now:D

I can make it across the border in 4 hours if you're ready. Open desert in Verdi, Nevada. Just happens to be where Cabelas is

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u617P7g3O7I&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqomN9ghOQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDRMKybicPM

Sorry Tommy, had to one up ya and show off the Tannerite to those who might be curious to know wtf we're so excited about.

The laughin is contageous so those who haven't experienced it first hand come prepared with cameras and water.

tommygunr
08-29-2009, 12:21 AM
haha it's tempting but i have plans for well for today ( dam i need to get some sleep). cya on the 19th hopefuly this time i'll get there early enuff to put those steel targets out at 300-500yds.

nagorb
08-29-2009, 3:09 AM
So does this mean acorn556 is going?

nagorb
08-29-2009, 3:16 AM
Tyrist was the one bump firing.

I should have a canopy this time and hopefully my remaining chair wont break.

Last time I just used a tarp.

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/nagorb08/dogwork086.jpg

nagorb
08-29-2009, 3:18 AM
Next time we can tie the tarp between two cars.

SJgunguy24
08-29-2009, 4:24 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXxgd1LPr7s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXxgd1LPr7s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I won't make it to this shoot. I'll be helping out at the Calguns booth at the cow patty gun show.
I though you all might enjoy this video. Mr Smiley was a lonely propane tank, he was sad:(. Mr Smilely always wished he could've been something else.....maybe a truck.........maybe a play structure at a school, Mr Smilely liked kids. Well one day Mr. Smilely met Mr. Knucklehead61:D He was happy.
Mr. Knucklehead61 is kind of a genie.....he granted Mr. Smilely 1 wish. Mr Smilely wanted to fly. Wish granted.

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 6:38 AM
So does this mean acorn556 is going?

It's looking more and more like I'll have everything straightened out by then. Might not have too much ammo but this time I'm going to pack a lunch and try and get there earlier so I can just shoot out of the back of my truck.

knucklehead 61
08-29-2009, 6:45 AM
poor old mr. smiley (RIP) had a pair of cousins named the ball sisters. they are both fat obese round ladies with 3 holes you can put your fingers (or other fleshy protrusions) into. after seeing how well mr. smiley took to flying, the sisters decided they want lessons also. they will learn to fly on the 19th. :43:

Standard
08-29-2009, 10:58 AM
I'll bring the extra o2 tank then :)

BroncoBob
08-29-2009, 12:13 PM
It's looking more and more like I'll have everything straightened out by then. Might not have too much ammo but this time I'm going to pack a lunch and try and get there earlier so I can just shoot out of the back of my truck.

Doesn't matter how much or how little ammo you have, you still can't shoot.......lol :rofl2::rofl2:

nagorb
08-29-2009, 1:16 PM
Since you guys are in the same general area does anyone know where I can get an ar multi tool? I just got a new ff forearm.

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 3:47 PM
If you want to hop down to Los Gatos I just picked one up I could lend to ya.

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 3:49 PM
Doesn't matter how much or how little ammo you have, you still can't shoot.......lol :rofl2::rofl2:

Maybe you should shoot to my right and tell me what I'm doing. You seemed to like getting brassed last time.

PLUS I think I got my sights figured out so I can't blame the gun.

wikidklown
08-29-2009, 8:14 PM
Dude you cant miss it.
Hey Roland, oh well maybe you can make the clean up that Turby will organize.

Looks like I'll be making this one, screw the gunshow, my son wants to try shooting them exploding thingies:43:

See you all there!!!

nagorb
08-29-2009, 8:54 PM
I hope I will be able to make it too.

BroncoBob
08-29-2009, 9:19 PM
Looks like I'll be making this one, screw the gunshow, my son wants to try shooting them exploding thingies:43:

See you all there!!!

Hey sounds good Roland. Your son will have a great time with those exploding thingies..

BroncoBob
08-29-2009, 9:28 PM
Maybe you should shoot to my right and tell me what I'm doing. You seemed to like getting brassed last time.

PLUS I think I got my sights figured out so I can't blame the gun.

Hah, knew that would get you going. Just kidding........ or was I? :shrug:
Hey brassing me is Mike's job he did a real good job of it last time.

r08ert209cali
08-29-2009, 9:42 PM
I may be in on this trip. I need to do some load development for deer season as well as get some last minute practice. really depends on the weather and last minute work schedule changes. But then again I may just wait till the gate opens as the top of the hill dosent offer much distance shooting. But hey calguns shoots are fun so we will see.

Acorn556
08-29-2009, 11:50 PM

See you all there!!!

Figured he would come around when you show him stuff blowing up and tell him he could take a shot at it. Just remember to bring his video games for when he gets bored.

As far as brassing BroncoBob...I might just buy a left handed upper and shoot it on his right hand side. That way Mike and I can get him from both sides. Just consider it my donation to reloading.

nagorb
08-29-2009, 11:57 PM

wikidklown
08-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Figured he would come around when you show him stuff blowing up and tell him he could take a shot at it. Just remember to bring his video games for when he gets bored.

I was talking bout my 21 year old son :D

As far as brassing BroncoBob...I might just buy a left handed upper and shoot it on his right hand side. That way Mike and I can get him from both sides. Just consider it my donation to reloading.

Hahaha, funny... I gotta vid this...

SJgunguy24
08-30-2009, 3:45 AM
Since you guys are in the same general area does anyone know where I can get an ar multi tool? I just got a new ff forearm.

I got one, South San Jose. You need a receiver block and a vice.

BroncoBob
08-30-2009, 3:54 AM

Well I guess you got me now, put me between Mike and you and I'll be toast :eek: with all that hot brass raining down on me. :rofl2:

Acorn556
08-30-2009, 7:30 AM
Well I guess you got me now, put me between Mike and you and I'll be toast :eek: with all that hot brass raining down on me. :rofl2:

Just don't let nagorb help you with the burn marks. Might end up breaking your shoulder and then he'd have to drive you to the hospital...who knows what that could lead to.

smp89
08-31-2009, 4:36 PM
Even though I will not be attending, you guys can use the eze ups if you want. Just let me know

BroncoBob
08-31-2009, 7:54 PM
Even though I will not be attending, you guys can use the eze ups if you want. Just let me know

Hey Jason, will you deliver? I know Mike will need some shade or all those freckles will blend together....................lol

Acorn556
08-31-2009, 8:34 PM
If I lived up north in fairy land I'd pick them up....maybe nag can bring them with his tutus. We'll get Bob to wear one and dance with a pinata. Trust me.

nagorb
08-31-2009, 8:42 PM
You guys are just too funny.

I should actually be getting an ezup thing before the shoot so I'll have room if anyone wants to share some shade and hug:eek: I mean act like men and blow stuff up:cool2:

Blackhawk556
08-31-2009, 8:44 PM
Next time we can tie the tarp between two cars.

yeah make sure you have some type of cover, last time i was the only one without cover and I got a bad tan:o
good thing bronco let me get some shade later in the day otherwise it would have been worse

have fun out there guys, I wont be able to make it this time

nagorb
08-31-2009, 8:47 PM
I got one, South San Jose. You need a receiver block and a vice.

Thanks for the offer, but someone already offered, if it doesn't work out I might take you up on the offer. Although the FSB tapper pins really don't want to come out so I might just take it to a smith.

Acorn556
08-31-2009, 8:49 PM
You guys are just too funny.

I should actually be getting an ezup thing before the shoot so I'll have room if anyone wants to share some shade and hug:eek: I mean act like men and blow stuff up:cool2:

I'll share shade but I'm not blowing stuff up or acting manly around you. Northerners and their men....go figure...:TFH:

nagorb
08-31-2009, 9:19 PM
I guess going to school in sf has rubbed off on me.

Acorn556
08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I guess going to school in sf has rubbed off on me.

That's not all that's rubbed off on you.

knucklehead 61
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
wow, you rainbow warriors are starting to scare me!

we are bringing lots of tannerite & steel to shoot at, hanging stands, kevlar panels, bowling balls, propane tanks, hell, if i can find a kitchen sink i'll shoot that too!

BroncoBob
09-01-2009, 7:29 PM

we are bringing lots of tannerite & steel to shoot at, hanging stands, kevlar panels, bowling balls, propane tanks, hell, if i can find a kitchen sink i'll shoot that too!

Yeah they have youth on their side. All kidding aside they are pretty funny to be around. Lots of laughs and good times.

Sounds like you got every thing you need. Don't forget to bring water, shade cover and bring along a rake, some trash bags as we clean up our own mess.

Acorn556
09-01-2009, 9:14 PM
dang this is just two weeks away.....Good think I'm heading up to Reno thursday night....Might just be able to find some ammo up there.

San Jose is north of Morgan Hill....knucklehead so you're a northerner to me lol!

BroncoBob
09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
dang this is just two weeks away.....Good think I'm heading up to Reno thursday night....Might just be able to find some ammo up there.

San Jose is north of Morgan Hill....knucklehead so you're a northerner to me lol!

Hey let us know if you find any good ammo deals. Don't forget to check out the local wallyworlds.

Blackhawk556
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I wont be able to make it to this one but next time I head out there can i bring a tv to blowup??? our tv keeps turning off and we are sick of it. the front part would be dangerous but what if we face it in opposite direction or put it up against the hill?

BroncoBob
09-02-2009, 2:18 PM
I wont be able to make it to this one but next time I head out there can i bring a tv to blowup??? our tv keeps turning off and we are sick of it. the front part would be dangerous but what if we face it in opposite direction or put it up against the hill?

Hey Danny sorry to hear you're not making this one. I would stay away from bringing a t.v., way too many parts to pick up at the end of the day.

knucklehead 61
09-02-2009, 8:02 PM
Yeah they have youth on their side. All kidding aside they are pretty funny to be around. Lots of laughs and good times.

Sounds like you got every thing you need. Don't forget to bring water, shade cover and bring along a rake, some trash bags as we clean up our own mess.

yup, water & 10' x 20' ez-up will be there. this will be my 3rd or 4th panoche trip. i can't wait! :D
i'll be bringing some fun toys to play with too, .50 bohica, .300 win mag ar-30, my newly built ar-15, my trusty kimber .45, & probably 3 or 4 more toys. :chris:

Acorn556
09-02-2009, 9:51 PM
Hey let us know if you find any good ammo deals. Don't forget to check out the local wallyworlds.

2 box limit at wally world and they really don't have much of a selection. It's actually worse than here from what I remember. I think the best deals are about $400+ for a case.

nagorb
09-02-2009, 9:59 PM
Since you guys are in the same area

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=218729

wikidklown
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
yup, water & 10' x 20' ez-up will be there. this will be my 3rd or 4th panoche trip. i can't wait! :D
i'll be bringing some fun toys to play with too, .50 bohica, .300 win mag ar-30,

Nice! Can i experience shooting a bohica? :D

Standard
09-04-2009, 8:03 AM
Looks like my dad might be coming with me :D

smp89
09-04-2009, 8:58 AM
Hey Jason, will you deliver? I know Mike will need some shade or all those freckles will blend together....................lol

yea I can deliver, just let me know where to.

nagorb
09-04-2009, 2:20 PM
yea I can deliver, just let me know where to.

The best place to deliver is 36.710369, -120.816345.:43:

BroncoBob
09-04-2009, 9:11 PM
Looks like my dad might be coming with me :D

Well I'm sure he is closer to my age......:rofl2::rofl2:

Standard
09-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Mid 50's :)
He was a sharpshooter in the French Military, way back when.

nagorb
09-05-2009, 1:10 AM

Good more old people so Bob doesn't feel so decrepit.:punk:

Looks like well have someone who can actually shoot this time since Danny wont be there.

wikidklown
09-05-2009, 1:50 AM
Looks like well have someone who can actually shoot this time since Danny wont be there.

Ahahaha, good one!
Mike you going then??

nagorb
09-05-2009, 2:15 AM
I wont know until the week before, its the second week of school and I've already written two papers an have another 10 pages to write by next week, looks like school will be a but kicker this semester:nopity:. Besides my FSB doest want to come off, I might just cut it and get a yhm flip up gas block. To top it all off I found out what was wrong with my 10/22, it wasn't my extractor but my bolt. Not the greatest month!
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/nagorb08/whatever013.jpg

BroncoBob
09-05-2009, 8:17 AM

Excellent, he can give me some tips! My shooting always needs improvement. I did hit the side of a barn one day............... :smilielol5:

Oh and for Mike I was most likely the only one who didn't shoot at the pinata that Danny hit. With old age you learn to be wise, pick your targets you know you can hit.

nagorb
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I guess I'm wise too:eek:

Man I cant wait to get back out there, I have a feeling its going to be way funner than last time.

BroncoBob
09-05-2009, 7:58 PM
I guess I'm wise too:eek:

Man I cant wait to get back out there, I have a feeling its going to be way funner than last time.

I agree with you on that and its nice having a base group of guys showing up who all get along so well.

Standard
09-05-2009, 8:35 PM
I'll be bringing my Glock 19, Mossy 500, 5.45 AR15 and M&P .40.
Feel free to come put some rounds through any of them.

nagorb
09-05-2009, 9:15 PM
I have a rake but it wont fit into my car, i guess i need to get a smaller rake.

smp89
09-06-2009, 8:29 AM
I have a rake but it wont fit into my car, i guess i need to get a smaller rake.

no you need a bigger car!

BroncoBob
09-06-2009, 3:54 PM
no you need a bigger car!

Ha, what he needs is a truck like yours

nagorb
09-06-2009, 5:51 PM
Are you offering to give me your truck? I'll take it!

Acorn556
09-07-2009, 3:01 PM
I believe rakes come apart...at least the strong ones. If not just tie it to the roof of your car and tape it down....might make all the other ricers run out and buy one when you said it increases cornering.

I ALMOST brought my M&P 40 down from Reno but I only have 15 round mags so it wouldn't do me any good.

nagorb
09-07-2009, 4:01 PM
I believe rakes come apart...at least the strong ones. If not just tie it to the roof of your car and tape it down....might make all the other ricers run out and buy one when you said it increases cornering.

Standard
09-07-2009, 4:57 PM

I ALMOST brought my M&P 40 down from Reno but I only have 15 round mags so it wouldn't do me any good.

I have a few mags for mine, you could use them while you're out, if you want.

Acorn556
09-07-2009, 5:47 PM
I have a few mags for mine, you could use them while you're out, if you want.

Thanks for the offer but I left it in Nevada. REALLY considered bringing it since I like it so much but just couldn't bring myself to buy a 10 round magazine for it. Just seems wrong being the LEO version and all.

BroncoBob
09-07-2009, 7:42 PM
Thanks for the offer but I left it in Nevada. REALLY considered bringing it since I like it so much but just couldn't bring myself to buy a 10 round magazine for it. Just seems wrong being the LEO version and all.

:rofl2: LEO version...........

BroncoBob
09-07-2009, 7:47 PM
Ok I'm trying to decide what I should bring to this next shoot. I know I'm bringing my new 24" 6H Stag upper setup, but after that I'm not sure what to bring. Kicking around the idea of my DDM4, Mosin 91/59, Spikes ST-22 and my Savage in .17 Mach II.

Standard
09-07-2009, 7:54 PM
Bring it all. Bring the Mosin for sure! I've been kicking around the idea of buying one and would love to shoot one first :)

nagorb
09-07-2009, 8:25 PM
I will be bringing my m38 if I end up going

Acorn556
09-07-2009, 11:36 PM
:rofl2: LEO version...........

Came with 3 15 round magazines and night sights standard. At the time the were only coming with 2 10 round magazines and standard dot sights. S&W called it an LEO version and I forget the SKU number for it.
:D

wikidklown
09-08-2009, 8:27 PM

Wht you need is a TACTICAL rake ;)

Ok I'm trying to decide what I should bring to this next shoot. I know I'm bringing my new 24" 6H Stag upper setup, but after that I'm not sure what to bring. Kicking around the idea of my DDM4, Mosin 91/59, Spikes ST-22 and my Savage in .17 Mach II.

Bring 'em all Bob...

Acorn556
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Wht you need is a TACTICAL rake ;)

Something with a collapsable stock, rail setup, 4x32 ACOG to make sure you can see that you got everything, VFG for 2 handed operation, maybe a flashlught for those "I have to rake in the middle of the night" urges, a sling so no one can take it from you and you don't drop it and break it, rubber grip so you dont hurt your hands, painted desert sand so it blends in with the dirt so you can't find it when you drop it and can dispose of it easier when it breaks, and a carrying case "so it doesn't get damaged"

and YES I'm really wondering if you could make this all work and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

nagorb
09-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll get right on it.

tommygunr
09-09-2009, 8:05 PM

what no pistolas:D

Acorn556
09-09-2009, 9:32 PM
I'll get right on it.

Pics or it didnt happen...No way you get some work done :D

wikidklown
09-10-2009, 1:23 AM
and YES I'm really wondering if you could make this all work and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed.

Haha, I'll bring it on the 19th...

BroncoBob
09-10-2009, 5:17 AM
what no pistolas:D

Oh I always bring one, jut not on the offical list.........

BroncoBob
09-10-2009, 5:18 AM
Haha, I'll bring it on the 19th...

Roland dude, 2:23 AM?:eek: Get some rest.............

nagorb
09-10-2009, 5:26 AM
6:18am:eek:

BroncoBob
09-10-2009, 7:25 AM
6:18am:eek:

Hey, us working class people get up early and get going, not like some of........

nagorb
09-10-2009, 1:51 PM
I don't like to get up early but its nice to be done with my day at 2:30pm. oh wait I wont be done b/c I have class until 8pm. Us working/student types really get going:41:

Acorn556
09-10-2009, 9:10 PM
Roland dude, 2:23 AM?:eek: Get some rest.............

2:23AM is about normal for Roland....it's when you see the postings around noon or 2:30 pm that you can worry.

Not being able to sleep/running on fear and stress makes early/late (depending if you sleep) the best. Nothing like being up for 20+ hours and still functioning on sleep from the night before.

nagorb
09-10-2009, 9:16 PM
Got up at 6am today went to work, went to class, and currently "working" on a project, I think this will be one of those nights.

smp89
09-11-2009, 7:09 AM
ok looks like I'm back in. Since I'm flying again, I have to cut back on my gun spending-so no gun show.

BroncoBob
09-11-2009, 8:10 AM
ok looks like I'm back in. Since I'm flying again, I have to cut back on my gun spending-so no gun show.

Oh boy! More Tannerite

wikidklown
09-11-2009, 2:37 PM

HooraH!!!!

Yeah you don't need anymore...... Bah, you do!

Acorn556
09-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I might need a ride out to the shoot if someone's going through to 156

nagorb
09-12-2009, 1:30 PM
where exactly on 156?

Acorn556
09-12-2009, 2:32 PM
Actually Morgan Hill. Figured you would be heading straight down 5. 156 just goes from this side to that side down here.

nagorb
09-12-2009, 4:10 PM
I usually go down 5 but 101 is just as fast. I wont be sure if I can go until Tuesday. If I go I plan on leaving early if you want a ride.

Standard
09-12-2009, 7:35 PM
What time/where is everyone meeting up?

BroncoBob
09-12-2009, 7:49 PM
What time/where is everyone meeting up?

I plan on being there by 9:00 AM

Acorn556
09-12-2009, 8:54 PM
I'm down for a ride with ya. At least that way if something happens to the car neither of us will show up and Bob's rake will be intact and he won't be covered in brass.

nagorb
09-12-2009, 9:08 PM
I'll let you know this week if I will be going.

wikidklown
09-13-2009, 1:10 AM
I'm down for a ride with ya. At least that way if something happens to the car neither of us will show up and Bob's rake will be intact and he won't be covered in brass.

We'll be the back up for raining brass on Bob :43:

BroncoBob
09-13-2009, 8:48 AM
We'll be the back up for raining brass on Bob :43:

I guess I better plan on being on the very left end of the line this time. This way I can pass brass your direction. Just for you rake fans, I have a new one and it just might be nagorb resistant. Of course if he puts his weight into it, it will snap like a toothpick. What about Acorn556's tactical rake? Any specifications on it yet?

Acorn556
09-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Thought it was up to nagorg and wikid to build the tacticool rake.

Doesn't Stag make an upper for left handed shooters.....I might have to switch this out in case Bob gets ther early enough to park all the way to the left. LOL!!

diginit
09-13-2009, 1:06 PM

Just Too Funny.....
Just the usual toys for me. The ar-15, SU-16 and Kimber TLE. Got 600 45's loaded and 1000 5.56. Along with 300 Vmax bullets for some watermelon action. Maybe we can put a maniquin in my old camp chair with a couple pounds under them and launch them both.
See you all there!

Turbinator
09-13-2009, 1:24 PM
By the way guys, I've also scheduled the next Panoche Hills cleanup session, please see the thread in the range cleanups subforum.

Turby

BroncoBob
09-13-2009, 4:01 PM
By the way guys, I've also scheduled the next Panoche Hills cleanup session, please see the thread in the range cleanups subforum.

Turby

Cool, signed up.

BroncoBob
09-13-2009, 4:10 PM
Thought it was up to nagorg and wikid to build the tacticool rake.

Doesn't Stag make an upper for left handed shooters.....I might have to switch this out in case Bob gets ther early enough to park all the way to the left. LOL!!

I thought you had the tacticool AR Rake, did I screw up again? :rofl2:

Yep Stag does make left handled uppers, maybe you can borrow tommygunr's to lob brass my direction............................:eek:

BroncoBob
09-13-2009, 6:37 PM
Just Too Funny.....
Just the usual toys for me. The ar-15, SU-16 and Kimber TLE. Got 600 45's loaded and 1000 5.56. Along with 300 Vmax bullets for some watermelon action. Maybe we can put a maniquin in my old camp chair with a couple pounds under them and launch them both.
See you all there!

Hey James, this time I'm going to bring my 454 Casull Raging Bull. Wonder what how Mr. Mellon will act when hit with one of those............:65:

Acorn556
09-13-2009, 10:40 PM
I thought you had the tacticool AR Rake, did I screw up again? :rofl2:

Yep Stag does make left handled uppers, maybe you can borrow tommygunr's to lob brass my direction............................:eek:

yeah you're old and forget stuff. It's cool I'm here to make fun of you.

Tacticool rake was my IDEA. Said nag should put one together and him and Roland said they were going to make it happen. Not looking back but I think I mentioned rails, stock, light, vfg, and a bipod. Maybe a quick disconnect handle for easy travel and quick access when on the trial.

I'm looking forward to trying out my newest acog and trying to sight in my rifle. Anyone got a wheel so I can print out some 25 m/yrd targets and get setup with my irons and scope?

sorensen440
09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
for some reason when I saw this date I thought It was the Sunday and I have plans the Sunday

Count me in !!

Acorn556
09-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Too funny....I made different plans for Saturday then I remembered this is the same day so I figured I'd change my plans and go watch some Tannerite blow up.

How many Pinatas do we need/have for this?

tommygunr
09-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Bob sounds like you're becoming a brass magnet :D

BroncoBob
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Too funny....I made different plans for Saturday then I remembered this is the same day so I figured I'd change my plans and go watch some Tannerite blow up.

How many Pinatas do we need/have for this?

I only got one so far, will pick up another before Saturday. Got 3# of Tannerite. I have to save some for the clean up on 10-17

Acorn556
09-14-2009, 9:32 PM
I only got one so far, will pick up another before Saturday. Got 3# of Tannerite. I have to save some for the clean up on 10-17

Ok. Just trying to get a rough idea of who's showing up, what everyone's bringing and what anyone suggests bringing for those who might not have gone last time. That way we know if we need to leave some parking places open or somewhere or whatever.

People Attending and Supplies
BroncoBob (little bit o tannerite, 1 pinata, indestructable rake, ezup)
diginit
nagorb & Acorn556 (fun + probably some pinatas but we're both broke, ghetto coverage)
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1

nagorb
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM
My girl might be coming too. well make he sit in the back though.

wikidklown
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM

Mike, did you get to install your HG???

nagorb
09-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Not yet, did you get my message?

Acorn556
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM

Na it's cool she can sit up front. I'm back and forth on going. Heading up to Reno some time Tuesday. Might go camping and skip out on the Tannerite goodness and drive across the border Monday.

nagorb
09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah i'm the same, I wont know if I'm going for sure until at the earliest tomorrow.

nagorb
09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
I guess technically later today.

Acorn556
09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
We'll figure something out. Maybe I'll stop by Bob's place and break his rake just enough for it to finish breaking when he's just about done cleaning up Saturday. Then it really WILL be him that breaks it this time.

I can see everyone laughing about this when it happens right now and it's awesome.

BroncoBob
09-15-2009, 6:31 AM
Ok. Just trying to get a rough idea of who's showing up, what everyone's bringing and what anyone suggests bringing for those who might not have gone last time. That way we know if we need to leave some parking places open or somewhere or whatever.

diginit
nagorb & Acorn556 (fun + probably some pinatas but we're both broke, ghetto coverage)
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1

Who is bringing the tactical rake?
Don't forget shade canopies, chairs, icechests, refreshments, food, mellons (not for food), trash bags, insect repellant, sunscreen lotion, etc.

Acorn556
09-15-2009, 6:51 AM
diginit
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1
Addiction

Now that addiction told me he lives in Morgan Hill I can catch a ride with him. I'll have to see what's going on with Reno when I'm up there.

Standard
09-15-2009, 7:16 AM
I'm coming, with one other. I'll bring some targets including 2 half mannequins, some metal stuff to shoot at, maybe an 02 tank, etc.

addiction
09-15-2009, 8:11 AM
I can bring an easy up/shade (not sure which one, wife may take the free standing one.... some tagets, and I have some Appleseed targets if anyone wants to shoot a Army qualifying test (AQT at 25yds).

I also have a bunch of old shelves (think press board, 3/4" x 1' x 3') is you think they would be good to shoot at.

any other suggestions?

presume this is rifle and handgun friendly?

plus tell me more about needing a rake, I have a few, and at truck so I can bring just about any tool you want....

Jim

Acorn556
09-15-2009, 8:24 AM
Rake is kind of a joke from last time. SOMEHOW Bob's broke.
We like to cleanup the area after we shoot so if you reload its a good time to pickup brass.

Mostly just picking up after ourselves.

Shelves would be good probably. I'm pretty sure they'll stand up and hold targets easy enough. Do you have a way to dispose of them after so you're not stuck holding onto them in the garage?

VERY rifle and handgun friendly. Last time I was out there I shot about 5 rounds and someone said "ever shot a 1911?" Never met the guy, never talked to him, nothing. Nice group of people out there......well except for Mike he causes problems. hahaha

BroncoBob
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Rake is kind of a joke from last time. SOMEHOW Bob's broke.
We like to cleanup the area after we shoot so if you reload its a good time to pickup brass.

Mostly just picking up after ourselves.

Shelves would be good probably. I'm pretty sure they'll stand up and hold targets easy enough. Do you have a way to dispose of them after so you're not stuck holding onto them in the garage?

VERY rifle and handgun friendly. Last time I was out there I shot about 5 rounds and someone said "ever shot a 1911?" Never met the guy, never talked to him, nothing. Nice group of people out there......well except for Mike he causes problems. hahaha

Ok, want to shoot my 454 Casull? I'm bringing it.

knucklehead 61
09-15-2009, 12:17 PM
i'll be there with 1 to 3 other goofballs.
we'll be loaded like we are going to war.
tannerite, bowling balls & pins, steel targets, target stands, etc. etc.

ldivinag
09-15-2009, 1:18 PM
i'm 90% sure i'm going.

will bring my 308 tacti-cool rifle. i may bring my snubnose 500 revolver too... :)

Acorn556
09-15-2009, 4:03 PM
BroncoBob (little bit o tannerite, 1 pinata, indestructable rake, ezup, 454 Casuall)
diginit
nagorb +1 & Acorn556 (fun + probably some pinatas but we're both broke, ghetto coverage)
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1
Addiction (Shade, Shelves, AQT Targets, Acorn556)
Standard (Stuff to shoot)
ldivinag (snubnose 500)
knucklehead +1-3 (probably dudes, more stuff to blow up, Tannerite)

Acorn556
09-15-2009, 4:05 PM
BTW....I'm sitting here in a free state looking at my 30 round magazines full of ammo and my M&P with 15 round magazines and wondering if I should shoot them or just let them collect more dust. Last thing I want to deal with is the memory of what its like to have more than 10 rounds.

nagorb
09-15-2009, 8:49 PM
Sorry guys, looks like I wont be able to make it. I've really been looking forward to this. hope you all have a blast:p and keep the :grouphug: to a minimum, other people wont be as accepting as me.

BroncoBob
09-15-2009, 9:01 PM
Sorry guys, looks like I wont be able to make it. I've really been looking forward to this. hope you all have a blast:p and keep the :grouphug: to a minimum, other people wont be as accepting as me.

Hey Mike, sorry to hear this. Hope you can make it to the clean up on 10-17.

nagorb
09-15-2009, 9:12 PM
I'm planning on it.

Who's going to tag you with brass if I'm not there? I don't think acorn556 has my skill level

BroncoBob
09-15-2009, 9:31 PM
I'm planning on it.

Who's going to tag you with brass if I'm not there? I don't think acorn556 has my skill level

Lol, yeah acorn556 does not have your skill level in brass chucking. I guess I'll have a free pass this weekend.

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 6:51 AM
I'm planning on it.

I'll try my best to honor the legand

nagorb
09-16-2009, 10:49 AM
don't have too much fun without me. make sure you guys take and post pictures.

Great now I'm not going to get all the inside jokes.

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 3:39 PM
don't have too much fun without me. make sure you guys take and post pictures.

Great now I'm not going to get all the inside jokes.

and I'm going to miss out on your tutu wearing.

diginit
09-16-2009, 4:30 PM
I'm afraid that Bob is going to get pelted with handfulls of brass from all sides. Like rice at a wedding.....:reddevil:
We can add 2 cases of T to the count.
I'm torn between a 360 or a 454 for my next handgun. I liked them better than the S&W 505 in 50Cal. I'm leaning towards the 360.It is more versatile because it can fire 3 calibers of ammo. I'll just have to wait and see.

BroncoBob
09-16-2009, 5:15 PM
I'm afraid that Bob is going to get pelted with handfulls of brass from all sides. Like rice at a wedding.....:reddevil:
We can add 2 cases of T to the count.
I'm torn between a 360 or a 454 for my next handgun. I liked them better than the S&W 505 in 50Cal. I'm leaning towards the 360.It is more versatile because it can fire 3 calibers of ammo. I'll just have to wait and see.

Hah, wonder if I can get one of tommygunrs old helmets and upper body pads to protect myself from the hot brass rain??????

I'm sure there is a hand cannon in your future once you get to shoot my 454. :yes::yes:

nagorb
09-16-2009, 5:38 PM

I will sleep much better knowing that Bob is suffering:43:

Seriously though you guys aren't allowed to have any fun, I will quit calguns if I find out you all had fun56:

Oh yeah :happybday: to me :happybday: to me!

tommygunr
09-16-2009, 6:46 PM
I'm in for this one to Bob
sorry not bringing any helmets
will bring
easy up
some tannerite
target stand from last time because it survived

BroncoBob
09-16-2009, 7:29 PM
I will sleep much better knowing that Bob is suffering:43:

Seriously though you guys aren't allowed to have any fun, I will quit calguns if I find out you all had fun56:

Oh yeah :happybday: to me :happybday: to me!

Hey Mike Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day! :party::happybday:

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 7:50 PM
The best part is you'll have the rake to clean it up. Consider it donations to your reloading collection. hahahahaha we're such nice people.

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 7:54 PM
BroncoBob (little bit o tannerite, 1 pinata, indestructable rake, ezup, 454 Casuall, no protection)
diginit
tommygunr (stand since it's bullet proof, tannerite, shade, table)
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1
ldivinag (snubnose 500)

I think I found a magnet for brass....what do you think Bob?

BroncoBob
09-16-2009, 8:46 PM
BroncoBob (little bit o tannerite, 1 pinata, indestructable rake, ezup, 454 Casuall, no protection)
diginit
tommygunr (stand since it's bullet proof, tannerite, shade, table)
sorensen440
wikidclwn + 1
ldivinag (snubnose 500)

I think I found a magnet for brass....what do you think Bob?

Hah, I've secured a source for a high tech tactical BDD. Should be here before the weekend.

Please fill us in on your brass magnet...............:rofl2::rofl2:

nagorb
09-16-2009, 8:59 PM
Maybe he meant for wolf.

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 9:02 PM
Hah, I've secured a source for a high tech tactical BDD. Should be here before the weekend.

Please fill us in on your brass magnet...............:rofl2::rofl2:

[(Calgunners diginit, addiction, Acorn556, tommygunr, wikidklown, and anyone else who can throw brass and knows how to find Panoche Road 9/19/09.) + (BroncoBob standing, sitting, kneeling, lying, and running away from above said CalGunners)] ^ (Lots....and lots.......and lots of tannerite......................and even more tannerite when he thinks there isn't anymore) - (nagorb) = Brass Magnet.

That's just the theoretical calculations for the magnet. I've got some experiments I'm writing up that I plan on conducting within the next three days to see if my theory/hypothesis holds true.

Acorn556
09-16-2009, 9:06 PM
Oh....and for those who haven't seen them here are some pictures of the last Panoche madness.....minus hugging

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/diginit/Pinyata%20Shoot%20II%202009/
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=200662&page=28

Tannerite greatness
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=200662&page=24

I'm trying to think how I can setup a 25m target and scope in my ACOG I've got for this shoot. Won't have any handguns this time since I don't really feel like hunting down 45ACP between now and Saturday.

sorensen440
09-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I will bring my shot timer if anyone wants to do any drills

BroncoBob
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I will bring my shot timer if anyone wants to do any drills

I'm sure someone will take you up on the offer. Doesn't do me any good, I'm just as bad a shot doing it fast as I am doing it slow....

addiction
09-17-2009, 12:38 PM
one more question, is this a place where you can open carry and practice drawing from a holster?

Jim

Standard
09-17-2009, 1:26 PM
one more question, is this a place where you can open carry and practice drawing from a holster?

Jim

Yes it is.

Also, someone bring a Beretta 92...I've been thinking of getting one, but have never shot one!

nagorb
09-17-2009, 2:01 PM

Jim

Just don't conceal carry

sorensen440
09-17-2009, 2:05 PM

Jim
Thats correct
I will be loaded open carrying in a holster while on foot on blm land
Just don't conceal carry
This is true

nagorb
09-17-2009, 2:12 PM
I will be loaded open carrying in a holster while on foot on blm land

Are there regulations against carrying in your car or is it just to be on the safe side?

sorensen440
09-17-2009, 2:15 PM
Are there regulations against carrying in your car or is it just to be on the safe side?
I don't have a firm enough understanding of car travel so I just go the safe route and have them unloaded and locked while driving on blm

nagorb
09-17-2009, 2:28 PM
Thats what I do also, was just wondering if it was on the books or something.

Acorn556
09-17-2009, 2:47 PM

Jim

You can also double, triple, octa-tap your 1911 here. Its one of the great things about Panoche.

All fun aside it's really good times. Everyone is everyone's elses keeper. You can call a seize fire whenever you want and people won't mind.
Targets can be placed wherever you want
the firing line is pretty much understood to be in front of the canopies/tables that have been setup.

Off to the right is some steel that one member, can't remember the screen name, was hitting 9/10 times towards the end. Also asked me if I'd ever shot a 1911.

Hey bob, where did you get those green stakes for your target last time? I'm thinking about copying your idea unless you have an extra one and I'll pick up a box of clays. Really good idea to see if you hit something.

tommygunr are you bringing that steel again this time? I might be able to hit it now that my scopes should be on. I've got a self adhesive target we could stick on there so its visable later in the afternoon.

I'm thinking of making a target stand like this one (but I might end up going cheap like bob's setup last time) to sight in my ACOG but I'm trying to think of how I'll be able to use it against the hill. it's a pretty steep hill so maybe a 45 degree piece and some longer legs for up there? Input?
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

BroncoBob
09-17-2009, 3:31 PM
You can also double, triple, octa-tap your 1911 here. Its one of the great things about Panoche.

All fun aside it's really good times. Everyone is everyone's elses keeper. You can call a seize fire whenever you want and people won't mind.
Targets can be placed wherever you want
the firing line is pretty much understood to be in front of the canopies/tables that have been setup.

Off to the right is some steel that one member, can't remember the screen name, was hitting 9/10 times towards the end. Also asked me if I'd ever shot a 1911.

Hey bob, where did you get those green stakes for your target last time? I'm thinking about copying your idea unless you have an extra one and I'll pick up a box of clays. Really good idea to see if you hit something.

tommygunr are you bringing that steel again this time? I might be able to hit it now that my scopes should be on. I've got a self adhesive target we could stick on there so its visable later in the afternoon.

I'm thinking of making a target stand like this one (but I might end up going cheap like bob's setup last time) to sight in my ACOG but I'm trying to think of how I'll be able to use it against the hill. it's a pretty steep hill so maybe a 45 degree piece and some longer legs for up there? Input?
http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

I get them at your local garden store. Home Depot has them in their garden department. Man you should have asked a couple of days ago before I went as I would have picked a couple up for you. If you don't have one close to you let me know and I'll pick up a couple for you on Friday. The nice thing about them is that the cost only $1.98 each.

Do you remember the cardboard target I was using with the clays taped in it? Well I've gone one step farther this time as I've located a rather large piece of plastic and used a hole saw on a drill to cut out 15 holes just the right size for clays to stick into. I enjoy this action type target a lot better then paper. I'm not really concerned how close my groups are as long as I can hit a 3.75" diameter target at 100 yds. Just a little masking tape on the back and they are held in place. Check it out.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/MVC-023S-2.jpg