PDA

View Full Version : Need a FFL in Orange county california

Lucky Scott
08-16-2009, 8:55 PM
Gun guy, wanting to buy old long guns like Mosin Nagants, from online gun places, need to have them shipped to a FFL.

Who do I go to?

How much does it cost?

Do I need to set it up ahead of time?

Do I need some kind of info or a number or something to give the seller so they know it is going to an approved FFL?

Just old rifles, over 50 years old, no AW or handguns.
I am located in north orange county.
Scott

kemasa
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Well, if you are willing to wait some time, you can apply for a C&R FFL and a CA DOJ COE and then have the firearms delivered directly to you (longgun C&R only).

If not, there are many FFLs, the cost varies, you need to set it up ahead of time to ensure that the FFL will accept it for you and not charge you a fortune, the FFL who it is being shipped to has to provide their FFL to the shipper (if the shipper is a FFL, otherwise just the ezcheck info is acceptable).

ledman
08-17-2009, 5:56 PM
If you have just a C&R you could buy your longrifles from out of state and have them shipped directly to your doorstep. The COE permits you to purchase C&R long guns IN the state of CA without having to wait the 10 days.

OR, you can use/i recommend ADES Guns Shop in Orange CA . You need to get a copy of their FFL to send or fax or email to wherever it is you want to buy from, THEN purchase the gun, and the seller will ship it to ADES Gun SHop, then you wait 10 days, and get your gun, providing you meet all the requirements of the background check.

OCArmory
08-17-2009, 6:47 PM
Feel free to give us a call. I would be happy to give you a break on the transfer fees due to the price of the rifles. I couldn't fathom paying more in fees than the cost of the rifle. I would definitely get you C&R. After all there is nothing like having guns shipped right to your door.
Mike

popndrop
08-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Feel free to give us a call. I would be happy to give you a break on the transfer fees due to the price of the rifles. I couldn't fathom paying more in fees than the cost of the rifle. I would definitely get you C&R. After all there is nothing like having guns shipped right to your door.
Mike

Mike and Pat are great guys, can't say that enough - friendly, helpful, all around good guys.

Lucky Scott
08-18-2009, 8:00 AM
Mike, thanks and I will give you a call. Sounds like you have the right attitude to keep your customers happy and i am sure I need to take a look at your store.

5150Marcelo
08-18-2009, 8:05 AM
FFLFinder.com

Type in your zipp and it'll show you a list.