PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by the OC Range in Brea Today

grnt
08-16-2009, 8:33 PM
Guys,

FYI, Stopped by the range today, they have a pro shop. Had plenty of glocks and sigs for sale. Then I saw it, they have in stock lower parts kits! and alot of them. I was in heaven.

08duramax
08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
What brands and prices?

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 1:03 AM
I've been trying to preach the gospel of OC Indoor Range for ages. Those guys are awesome. Every damn one of them.

I walked out of Ade's after getting terrible treatment and right into OC Indoor to buy a gun. Actually, two guns since my father was with me buying a new Sig.

grnt
08-17-2009, 7:48 AM
I think they had DPMS LPK running about 80 dollars. I can't remember the prices on the glocks and sigs. I was too busy drooling. Yep, these guys are very professional and polite. I like going there to shoot.

shmeddie
08-17-2009, 8:12 AM
I stumbled upontheir website before, seems nice. If I remember correctly they have "tactical tuesdays" where ther do IDPA style shooting fun I think. Looks like a nice place.

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 8:18 AM
I stumbled upontheir website before, seems nice. If I remember correctly they have "tactical tuesdays" where ther do IDPA style shooting fun I think. Looks like a nice place.

I've never participated myself (not good enough). But it's on Tuesday evenings and they close down half the range for it.

It's worth mentioning that they have a fairly short range. So if you're looking at 100 foot plinking this place isn't for you.

xdinla
08-17-2009, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Rekrab;2932424]I've been trying to preach the gospel of OC Indoor Range for ages. Those guys are awesome. Every damn one of them.

I second that!!! :)

08duramax
08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Tactical Tuesdays are fairly fun. The only issue is that if there are a lot of people it takes forever to get to shoot. And you only get to shoot two or three times. It is really fun though. They time you and record times to compare later. Get to shoot through windows, under stuff and while moving. Good times.

Riodog
08-17-2009, 4:00 PM
AND
If anyone is interested in getting their Utah ccw, just give Jan a call and he'll meet you there. He does it all and it only takes about an hour. He prefer's 2-3 peeps at a time but you make the deal. He's an instructor, gunsmith, and a licensed dealer. (his prices are good).
Jan Merson
888-8 PRO GUNS
888-877-6486
ret leo
www.ccw4me.com

Rio

Oldnoob
08-17-2009, 4:06 PM
Have been shooting there for years, great guys and guns in reasonable price. Also a great no BS ppt place (Mark is a great guy, he can finish a PPT less than 15 min no BS).

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 5:22 PM
Now I'm wondering if I've ever seen any of you guys in there!

I've seen at least one CalGunner in there because I recognized the T-shirt.

tuna quesadilla
08-17-2009, 6:05 PM
I had a somewhat condescending experience with one of the guys last time I went there, but on the whole I've never really had any really negative experiences there. Plus it's only like 10 minutes from my house. Good range. :)

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 6:20 PM
I had a somewhat condescending experience with one of the guys last time I went there, but on the whole I've never really had any really negative experiences there. Plus it's only like 10 minutes from my house. Good range. :)

Most of those guys are pretty biased. But at least they're up front about it. They don't talk down other guns so much as talk up their preferred brand.

IMC87
08-17-2009, 6:23 PM
Big +1000 to them, all great people. 'tis my local range :D

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 6:42 PM
Clearly we need to have a CalGuns meet there >.>

Use their spare room for refreshments, everyone bring some fun guns...

imtheomegaman
08-17-2009, 6:53 PM
Just to chip in my 2cents
I've been there a few times now, and have always been treated well. They acknowledge you as you come in, and get you situated quickly. Good range.

Khram
08-17-2009, 6:59 PM
I'd go more but they have hourly rates. I generally don't frequent ranges that do.

SeanCasey
08-17-2009, 7:17 PM
They are my preferred indoor range. About 20 minutes away from me, but they are friendly, and they do try to keep the stupidity down on the range too.

AJD
08-17-2009, 7:29 PM
I used to have a membership when I was in OC more often. For the most part they have a great bunch of guys working there. I've seen them go out of their way to help people out and I've witnessed them being very patient with beginners. The only bad experience I ever had there was over at the proshop counter. I'm not sure if he's still there, but the older guy with glasses was very rude and often times would ignore people who came over to the proshop. I'm also not the only one who has had that experience with him as I personally know others who've stated the same thing. Other than that they're a great place to go.

Rekrab
08-17-2009, 7:31 PM
Hourly rates are generally not an issue if you get a membership.

Also, AJD, I've never seen an older guy with glasses there. So maybe he's not there any more?

Shotgun Dave
08-17-2009, 7:32 PM
I love them but they stopped letting us shoot shotguns.

ojisan
08-17-2009, 7:33 PM
They did two PPTs for me, polite, fast and easy.
Nice selection of accessories.
Yup.

tuna quesadilla
08-17-2009, 7:36 PM
AJD -- I think I know who you're talking about. The guy's got kinda dark skin, right? Looks to be in his 40s-50s maybe? He's probably the least courteous out of all of them.

And the condescending experience I mentioned earlier wasn't brand-related. One of the range officers gave me a hard time for being 18 and coming in to shoot my (legally owned and obtained) Glock 17. >_<

AJD
08-17-2009, 7:36 PM
Also, AJD, I've never seen an older guy with glasses there. So maybe he's not there any more?

Yeah, that might be the case. Last time I saw him there was about a year and a half ago and I've only stopped by a couple of times since. Not because of him, just because I'm not in that area as much. Now the younger guy with glasses who usually wears a hat is really cool to deal with. Like I said just about everyone there is great to deal with.

AJD -- I think I know who you're talking about. The guy's got kinda dark skin, right? Looks to be in his 40s-50s maybe? He's probably the least courteous out of all of them.

If you're talking about the gentleman in that age bracket with dark hair and glasses then no, that's a different person. That's Mike who I believe is one of the guys who might own the range. Mike can be really nice. Sometimes it may seem like he's not, but once you get to know him you know he's alright. Now the guy I'm talking about had all grey hair and glasses.

roc
08-17-2009, 7:37 PM
wish there was a nice indoor range near me like OC Indoor Range. Shooters Paradise in Oxnard are run by a bunch of a-holes (not all but most of them). Try not to give them business if I don't have to but there are no other indoor options around here.

RT13
08-18-2009, 6:36 PM
+1 for OC Indoor range. Those guys are all awesome. Any rifles for sale there? Last time I was there, they had an SU16, Mini 14, M1A fully loaded and a few others.