PDA

View Full Version : Colt Python at Turners Chino Hills.

Street Legal
08-16-2009, 1:51 PM
OK, which lucky CalGunner scored a Colt Python for $499.99 at Turners in Chino Hills this morning.:mad:

SCMA-1
08-16-2009, 1:54 PM
OK, which lucky CalGunner scored a Colt Python for $499.99 at Turners in Chino Hills this morning.:mad:

huh? You sure it wasn't $1499?

Street Legal
08-16-2009, 1:57 PM
huh? You sure it wasn't $1499?

I'm positive(talk to manager), i was just a little late to get there this morning.

Guns R Tools
08-16-2009, 1:59 PM
I bet one of the employee got it. I would if I was the employee. Charge it first, deal with it later.

Greg-Dawg
08-16-2009, 2:09 PM
Me...
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/colt_python.jpg

hawk1
08-16-2009, 3:40 PM
$499 = Not worth buying.

You'd get what you paid for.

Fjold
08-16-2009, 4:35 PM
$499 = Not worth buying.

LOL!
:rofl2:

bondmid003
08-16-2009, 4:41 PM
My dad has two of them, nice guns

mblat
08-16-2009, 4:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
$499 = Not worth buying.

LOL!

I think he is right. I think buyer of this gun made great mistake.
I am ready to let him fix it and take this peace of junk for the price he paid.... as long as he pays transfer fees.... :D:D

Spearodude
08-16-2009, 5:48 PM
I got there 10 minutes before they opened, and there were allready 2 or 3 people waiting at the door just for the python. Maybe next time...

drdanno84
08-16-2009, 6:15 PM

locktime
08-16-2009, 6:19 PM
Does Not Compute

Street Legal
08-16-2009, 6:57 PM
$499 = Not worth buying.

I would love to have a chance to buy it.

hawk1
08-16-2009, 7:16 PM
I would love to have a chance to buy it.

Can you explain to me why? So you can add another $200 to get it looking good again? Then it would be just another refinished $499 Python that no one in their right mind would pay a premium for. Why not invest that original purchase price (including tax, lock, and dros) plus what you would pay in refinish and to have a gunsmith look over it, in an original that will continue to appreciate.
Everyone here is assuming that this $499 Python is pristine and original. I can tell you it wasn't. Because if it was, it would have been snatched up by an employee before it ever hit the display case.
Keep dreaming guys...

SONYEXEC
08-17-2009, 1:43 PM
$499 = Not worth buying.

baaahahahaha!!!! priceless

:rofl2: :rofl2:

foxer
08-27-2009, 6:14 PM
I got there at 9:30 and the lot was empty so I walked to subway and grabbed a bite to eat, when I got back there someone was waiting by the door and he got first dibbs on it. It looked to me like it had some major blueing issues and turners rated its condition at only 80%.

I was surprised that the buyer didn't even give it a good looking over before he bought it. He pretty much bought it sight unseen... I assume he got what he paid for... he just wanted a "python" and thats all.

SoCal1911
08-27-2009, 6:44 PM
Sweet Deal! If I only knew about that, I would of been line right after they closed the day before. I have two, correction, the wife has the 4" and I have the 6" unfired safe queen. I picked them up about 4 years ago like new for more. Smooth as silk, one hole groups, doesn't get much better!

slik556
08-27-2009, 7:01 PM
Sweet Deal! If I only knew about that, I would of been line right after they closed the day before. I have two, correction, the wife has the 4" and I have the 6" unfired safe queen. I picked them up about 4 years ago like new for more. Smooth as silk, one hole groups, doesn't get much better!

If it's an unfired safe queen then how do you know it's Smooth as silk, one hole groups?:shrug: Not to be condescending, just curious.

1923mack
08-27-2009, 7:28 PM
I had the same question! Smooth as silk unfired safe queen.

Cato
08-27-2009, 9:04 PM
Me...
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/colt_python.jpg

Now that, Sir, is bad ***!

g17owner
08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
If hawk is correct on the condition then pythons in that condition are not any better than just shooters. Even then if it needs work you are going to be hard pressed to find alot of people to work on them. When you do you are going to pay a premium. D.R.E. on these forums does some great technical breakdowns of them on here. They were excellent shooters when they were designed. In fact they still are and in many cases a work of art. However their lock work is sometimes fussy and difficult to tune if you dont know what you are doing. Also there are almost NO parts available for them anymore. Unless you count the occasional GB part out. If you want a python your best bet is BNIB and then use it for an occasional shooter or safe queen. If you want a gun you can shoot a steady diet of full power 357's get a S&W L frame and shoot away. Pythons are more of a novelty or conversational piece nowadays. Shooting them is almost punishable by hanging. :)

chsk9
08-27-2009, 11:29 PM
If it's an unfired safe queen then how do you know it's Smooth as silk, one hole groups?:shrug: Not to be condescending, just curious.

Oh come on.. it's easy.. just look at the end of the barrel... see? It's one hole! :rolleyes:

luchador768
08-28-2009, 4:36 AM
Can you explain to me why? So you can add another $200 to get it looking good again? Then it would be just another refinished $499 Python that no one in their right mind would pay a premium for. Why not invest that original purchase price (including tax, lock, and dros) plus what you would pay in refinish and to have a gunsmith look over it, in an original that will continue to appreciate.
Everyone here is assuming that this $499 Python is pristine and original. I can tell you it wasn't. Because if it was, it would have been snatched up by an employee before it ever hit the display case.
Keep dreaming guys...

When I worked there in 1996 we were not allowed to cherry pick consignment guns, (otherwise I would have a nice Delta Elite:43:)
Just saying.

g17owner
08-28-2009, 6:31 AM
Its not like that anymore. I got a decent M1911A1 1943 Ithaca for $600 last december. The store employee was P.O'd because he was going to buy it but got to work late and i was waiting at the door to see it on a tip from a buddy. He told me they can buy consignment guns. This was the Corona store.

hawk1
08-28-2009, 6:55 AM
Its not like that anymore. I got a decent M1911A1 1943 Ithaca for $600 last december. The store employee was P.O'd because he was going to buy it but got to work late and i was waiting at the door to see it on a tip from a buddy. He told me they can buy consignment guns. This was the Corona store.

Very true, I was told the same at a different store. Times have changed

beemaze
08-28-2009, 7:31 PM
I saw the ad pop up online as well. For all we know the $499 Python may have been already messed with by a bad gunsmith. I'm sure there was a reason it was priced so low, and I doubt that it had everything to do with the 80% finish.

If someone here actually got it, I'd really like to know if was a steal or a dud.

old-trapper
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
i sold mine and bought the hk45...traded a inpractical gun for a very practical one...and would do it all over again..

beemaze
09-03-2009, 4:39 PM
They had another Colt Python there yesterday...it was in well worn 80% condition, blued with the barrel chopped to 2". Lockup was tight, but it was $499 - don't know if this was the same one that was there before. From what I've been told, sometimes buyers change their minds, and end up paying a restocking fee or just decide to get something else....

foxer
09-04-2009, 12:36 AM
They had another Colt Python there yesterday...don't know if this was the same one that was there before...

The one they had there before was a 6"

Must have been a different gun.... wonder who the source is of all these "problem" $499 pythons in chino hills....