PDA

View Full Version : OLL middleman; do they receive a transfer fee as well?

scoob_i_e
08-16-2009, 2:09 PM
Using a middleman to transfer in a an otherwise non CA compliant centerfire rifle with feature(s) and detaching mag.

My question is whether you have to pay the middleman any other fees other than for their trouble/labor/services in receiving the shipped rifle, installing a mag lock or separating the upper lower, then shipping it to your local FFL.

Does the middleman receive a transfer fee during this? I'm guessing no since it seems there's no transfer involved if they're only sending off the rifle to yet another FFL.

But I'm ignorant on the transfer process altogether let alone having to use a middleman to transfer an OLL into CA.

So again, just wondering whether one has to pay the middleman a transfer fee in addition to paying a transfer fee to your local CA-based FFL.

69Mach1
08-16-2009, 2:10 PM
No additional fee's. Just what they charge for the service and the shipping to your FFL in CA.

Blue
08-16-2009, 2:11 PM
I would imagine he just logs it into his books, does the work he's charging you for, then logs it out of his books and ships it out to your FFL. He doesn't let the ATF/DOJ/black helicopters know when the gun gets there and when it leaves, he just keeps a record of it.

scoob_i_e
08-20-2009, 6:04 PM
Appreciate the info. Thanks much.

tonelar
08-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Do they have to be a different type of ffl if you just want the upper and components for a purchased AR... so they can ship everything but the lower receiver to you?