PDA

View Full Version : City Arms attempted burglary

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
06-10-2005, 8:33 AM
Heard it on the news this morning. A vehicle drove in through the front door sometime early morning. SWAT apprehended one armed suspect. They were still looking for another one.
F##K!!! http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif

stillbigmac
06-10-2005, 8:36 AM
May they rot in hell.

rkt88edmo
06-10-2005, 8:45 AM
Aargh

Sounds like they weren't successful.

code33
06-10-2005, 9:18 AM
One in custody.

Steyr_223
06-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Dimitri and his uncle are good guys. To bad they have to be victims of this attempt. I agree with what bigmac says...

STeyr

TonyM
06-10-2005, 10:48 AM
A one armed suspect? Cut off the other one! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

At least the police decided to go out and checkout the alarm.....

I'm sure this will be another reason for the wackos around here to blame gun stores and their patrons for crime. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Stevil
06-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Man that blows, certainly doesn't do Dimitri any favors in his battle with the local anti's... you can hear them now, "Crime, guns, crime, guns, we told you so, we told you so, gun store bad, gun store baaaaaaaaad baah baah baah baah baaaaaaaad!"

whatever
06-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Gun shop rammed by car, shot up
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronic...6/10/BAgunshop10.DTL (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/10/BAgunshop10.DTL)

Pacifica -- A man drove his Mercedes through the front plate-glass window and into Pacifica's only gun shop this morning, grabbed a shotgun and began firing it.

No one was injured, and David Henderson, 48, soon surrendered to police. Pacifica police Sgt. Daniel Steidle said police responded to a report of a burglar alarm going off at City Arms in Eureka Square Shopping Center at 5:05 a.m.

When officers arrived, they heard shots being fired from inside the store. Police said Henderson came out of the business and was later arrested for burglary, shooting into an inhabited dwelling and felon in possession of a firearm. Police said he acted alone.

Officers from Daly City, South San Francisco and San Bruno also responded. This morning, employees of City Arms declined to talk to the media as they taped off the front of the store and prepared to repair the windows.

Most of the store remained intact, but shattered glass littered the sidewalk out front.

City Arms opened about four months ago amid much controversy, said Pacifica resident Nancy Hall, who led the charge to keep the gun shop out of her town.

"We had said, this is the vulnerable thing about this shop, its all-glass front," she said. "That's exactly what happened. He rammed his car in there."

The store is located in a shopping center near a high school, a video store, an arcade and two banks, she said.

"This was our fear. Here it is, early morning, kids are walking to school," she said.

E-mail the writers at sherel@sfchronicle.com and dmurphy@sfchronicle.com

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
"This was our fear. Here it is, early morning, kids are walking to school," she said.
Damn sheep. If it was a jewlery store getting burglarized, they'd be pissed at the criminals, and not a law-abiding business owner.

code33
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Since when do kids walk to school at 5 in the morning?

And they made it sound like the shotgun was simply laying around.

This is what really happened:
Mercedes went through front glass AND metal rollup door. The shotgun was secured by cable to the wall (for those that have been to the store, you know what I am talking about) and the suspect somehow was able to manipulate it into a position to load and fire at the cable, causing it to break. Then he shot randomly inside the store once the SG was freed.

The store is being cleaned up and will be open for normal business on Monday, June 13.

imported_edbon9
06-10-2005, 1:10 PM
that sux completely.. I hope they throw the book at the guy. Hope dmitryi doesn't get more crap from the anti's.

Rascal
06-10-2005, 4:22 PM
Something sure sounds fishy here. This guy wasn't there to rob the store, or at least he is one of the stupidest robbers I have heard of in a long time. It sounds like vandalism on purpose, to cause dammage to Dimitri and give the anti's more cause to get the city fathers to close down his store. I don't know, maybe I paranoid or something, but is just doesn't sound like normal robbery. $ 0.02

trempel_ry@yahoo.com
06-10-2005, 4:40 PM
I does sound strange. Why would he start blasting away in an empty store and then "surrender peacefully"?

Glock21Owner
06-10-2005, 4:45 PM
Robbery was most likely not the motive. I just spoke with Vladimir and said the suspect was a local idiot, and despite the damage they'll be back open on Monday.

jdberger
06-10-2005, 6:04 PM
Just nuts is my best guess.

Heard the story this morning. And they also had the lady who "expressed concern" about the school being nearby. I don't get what she is freaked out about.

A guy can't just go in a buy a gun and take it over to the shool. he has to wait 10 days.

He can't buy two-one gun a month.

He can't buy any "assault rifles" - illegal
No hi-caps either.

And the high schoolers can't buy guns there either - not old enough.

So what is the problem? Friggin anti's.

imported_1911_sfca
06-13-2005, 11:33 AM
When they opened the store, the bay area was experiencing a bunch of gun store robbery/break ins, specifically people driving through the front door.

When I went to visit City Arms, the first thing I said to them is "you need to put a barricade in front of this door." Didn't even seem to register. Too bad it happened there too.