PDA

View Full Version : Richmond steel challenge match?

kmca
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi,
I noticed there is a Steel Challenge match at the Richmond club, scheduled for March 19. Is this a "for sure" match? I would hate to drive up there, just to discover it has been cancelled.

Being fairly new to pistol shooting, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to go to the Richmond Gun Club and just watch the match, or should I take a gun and hope someone up there would be willing to show me what to do? Is there an "orientation class" that is required? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

TIA,
Keith

kmca
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi,
I noticed there is a Steel Challenge match at the Richmond club, scheduled for March 19. Is this a "for sure" match? I would hate to drive up there, just to discover it has been cancelled.

Being fairly new to pistol shooting, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to go to the Richmond Gun Club and just watch the match, or should I take a gun and hope someone up there would be willing to show me what to do? Is there an "orientation class" that is required? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

TIA,
Keith

imported_TMC
03-16-2005, 3:11 PM
If its on the Richmond calander it will happen.

Bring your gear, if there's not alot of shooters you may find someone willing to show you the ropes. They used to have an orientation class but not anymore.

lpc@cypress.com
03-17-2005, 10:23 AM
The steel match is planned for this Sat. In addition there are a couple of bays for practice. One for the practice line and one for a practice stage. The ROs on the practice stage will also do a safety check/mini intro to IPSC. I'll be one of the ROs this weekend. I have heard some talk of restarting the one day orientation class.

atek3
03-19-2005, 10:48 AM
i wussed today because of the rain...and the fact that I'm super sore from other sports.

kmca
03-20-2005, 11:00 PM
atek3,
I couldn't get myself to go out in the rain either...maybe I'll see you at some other match..I'd like to try IPSC..maybe 3 gun, if I can find out when the matches are.

Good Luck,
Keith

bear
03-22-2005, 9:53 AM
Make that a "rusty Steel" match!