PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt evals?

Can'thavenuthingood
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
So how are the T-shirts (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=200036) I sent out to a few of you Calgunners holding up?

Pics aren't needed, just your personal opinion of its use, wash & wear etc.

How is it to wear regarding comfort?
Too long?
Too short?
Too heavy?
Too light?
Too dark?

Graphic placement or additional graphics?
Colors etc?

Comments?

No need to be nice, be honest, I'm attempting to put together things that will be worn. Having the Calguns logo in the drawer does not advertise Calguns.net to further the cause.

Thanks,

Vick

Ladyfox
08-15-2009, 4:07 PM
Vick,

Did you get the feedback I sent to you earlier?

Can'thavenuthingood
08-15-2009, 8:18 PM
Vick,

Did you get the feedback I sent to you earlier?

Yes I received it, you want me to post it?
Better if you post as then its from someone who wears it, yes? no?

Vick

Ladyfox
08-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes I received it, you want me to post it?
Better if you post as then its from someone who wears it, yes? no?

Vick

I'll try and dig up the PM I sent you and post it up here later today. ^_^

Ladybird
08-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Vick,
First off, thank you for sending out the shirts. I really like them and wear them a lot -even today. :)

Like:
I like the length and thickness of the fabric. The blue is a nice color. I also like the simple logo (2 tone) on the left side. Just an FYI. We did T-shirts at my work and placed the graphics on the back (as the females did not want anything on their chest). Problem was all the girls got cold and put sweaters / jackets over the nice graphics on the back thus hiding the logo.

Overall, looks good on. Gives a nice "female" style T-shirt look.

Don't like:
When I first put it on before it was washed, I did not like the feel of the sleeves. They seemed a bit constricting with movements like raising your arms. After washing this seemed to be less problematic or I have gotten used to the feel. -Not sure which.

The neck hole for me could be a bit larger or more stretchy, for ease in taking on and off. I wear glasses and thought that was the problem. But even after taking my glasses off I still have trouble pulling in on over my ears. Taking it off isn't as much of an issue. Under closer observation, I notice that the fabric doesn't have as much "give" as other T-shirts in the neck. Most use a larger elastic band thereby giving more stretch. However, this would change the look of the garment, which as I mentioned above I like the look of it when worn. The less elastic material and slight difficulty I have in putting the garment on, may be necessary to keep the slimmer female styling. A 'V' neckline option could be nice alternative.

Logo placement:
This is okay. I would prefer it to be a little more towards the right and slightly higher. This is coming from someone who is not heavily endowed. If I filled out the shirt more, then this would naturally raise the logo. It's current placement might be a fair middle ground. I would like to see what other wears think.

That about does it for my opinion. I will be happy to send pics or talk with you more about it.

Thanks again Vick for including the ladies and giving us clothing options as well. - Your doing an awesome job!
Many thanks -LB

Ladyfox
08-16-2009, 9:27 PM
Here is what I sent to Vick not long after receiving the shirts:

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner on this had a bunch of real life stuff come up that kept me occupied and pretty poor. -_-

Well, I'm wearing the ladies T-shirt you sent as I type this and here are my thoughts so far:

1. The shirt shrunk little, if any at all, after going into the wash for the first time.

2. I'm not suffering from "tag-itch syndrome" which happens when the tag is too stiff or does not soften after being washed for the first time.

3. The size and fit of the shirt is dead-on where I feel it needs to be and this is one of the few large ladies T's I've gotten that is actually a large rather than a medium.

4. The logo sits, at least for me, perfectly just above my left breast and is centered just about right as well.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the shirt and how it wears. I'll wear it and run it thru the wash a few more times, which may take a few weeks, and give you an update to let you know how the logo stands up and if the shirt changes any.

The only real things that I could think to improve would be the following:

1. Needs to have something on the back. If I'm at the range and wearing this shirt the only way anyone would see any calguns info would be if I turned around. Personally, I'd love to have the OLL logo similar to the other shirt I got on the back but not sure how that would go over. Going to continue to think if there is something more lady-like that could make these shirts stand out from the others.

2. Maybe consider putting the shirt website logo on one of the shirt sleeves. Have a custom shirt from another place that did this and if the sizing is large enough to stand out but small enough to be subtle would help the shirt stand out a bit.

3. Colors - I think it would be best to stick with a 4 color set preferably in darker colors. The reason for this is that lighter colors can be a bit too sheer and would show a bit too much. Colors I would suggest would be black, pink, lavender, and the marine blue.

If I think of anything else I'll drop you another PM. ^_^

Can'thavenuthingood
08-17-2009, 8:50 AM
Thank you for the feedback Ladybird.
Happy to see you are wearing the shirt.
I have some V-necks in the works by LAT.

I noticed that these women's T's have a narrower neck band so I'm thinking that is reason for having it less stretchy like.

Thanks again for taking time out and giving us an evaluation.

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
08-17-2009, 9:00 AM
Thanks Ladyfox.
Thrilled to see the manufacturer of these shirts has kept to the size standards and you like the fit.

I considered a logo on the back but decided it would be easier to put a logo on a shirt should anyone want one rather than print them all with logo's. Cost difference is a dollar I think.

I've been toying with shirt sleeve idea on another Calguns shirt project, will look into something for these sleeves as well. It may be a bit too small of an area to allow for much graphics, possibly text is best but it wraps around.

Regarding the colors, I can order smaller quantities of these, down to a dozen, so having all colors available for choice seems to be okay for now.

Thank you for helping with this,

Vick

Ladybird
08-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks Ladyfox.
Thrilled to see the manufacturer of these shirts has kept to the size standards and you like the fit.
Vick

Agreed. The sizing worked well for me as well.

LB