PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy 1022?

rg_1111@yahoo.com
03-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Where in Nor Cal is best place to buy a Ruger 1022. Best price, Best service, Nice gun shop. And Why? Thanks R.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
03-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Where in Nor Cal is best place to buy a Ruger 1022. Best price, Best service, Nice gun shop. And Why? Thanks R.

Anonymous Coward
03-22-2005, 7:58 AM
Best price came first in your priority, so you might consider Big 5 where it's on sale this week:

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/p2_images/39/ROP/ROPAdSubregions/6863298.gif.gif

bwiese
03-22-2005, 8:19 AM
Anonymous is right... Ruger 10/22s are common discount items at Big5. You might wanna look at the Remington 597 too. (If WalMart still sold guns in CA, they'd have 'em too.)

But you can also spend just a few $ extra and buy from a real RKBA gunshop! These guys may have other 10/22 variants that a Big 5 wont.

Bill W
San Jose

Leo762
03-22-2005, 9:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwiese:
Anonymous is right... Ruger 10/22s are common discount items at Big5. You might wanna look at the Remington 597 too. (If WalMart still sold guns in CA, they'd have 'em too.)

But you can also spend just a few $ extra and buy from a real RKBA gunshop! These guys may have other 10/22 variants that a Big 5 wont.

Bill W
San Jose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny you mention it! a while ago i was looing for a .22 and the 597 and 10/22 were the main choices, everyone said that there was so much more aftermarket stuff, like stocks and other little things - but is that because the factory stocks kinda suck? i think they look ugly.

the 597 came good looking and comfortable out of the box and it was cheaper. so i got it and i dont regret it. the only issue was the mags, the old plastic ones were crap but the metal ones are much better and i had no problems.

but big 5 was the place i got it http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rg_1111@yahoo.com
03-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Im looking for a gun shop Thats friendly. I dont like Big Five there not friendly. We have two gun shops here & they think there doing you a favor to sell a firearm. River City, Sac Armory. I not looking for the best price in town. Then again I dont want to pay a fortune. I buy at least five firearms a year or more. R.

Mr331
03-22-2005, 8:31 PM
If you don't mind taking a drive, head up to Newtown Enterprises in Placerville. Robert is very nice and has very good prices. I'm not sure it's worth the drive for a 10/22 though. I would just go to Big 5 and be done with it. He is also on top of the AR stuff, if you are interested.

Charliegone
03-23-2005, 9:32 PM
I was just wondering.. couldn't you put stuff like flash suppressors, pistol grip, folding stocks on a rimfire rifle? I heard that was legal, but you know with this state it is hard to tell.

drm600
03-23-2005, 9:35 PM
sacramento huh? try sports authority in roseville. they have the blued 10/22 carbine for $149.

Leo762
03-23-2005, 9:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charliegone:
I was just wondering.. couldn't you put stuff like flash suppressors...[QUOTE]

yeah, otherwise the recoil and muzzle flash would be uncontrollable - you wouldnt be able to shoot it!! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

i think it says the rifle has be to centerfire to fall under AW, thats why you can see wierd looking AK type .22s around

about old sac and river city, they are kinda like you described. some of the dudes there a real cool and can give you good deals but i dont think its good buisness policy for the customers to have to prove themselves to you.

as for newton, i saw him at a gunshow a while ago here and he is a really cool guy we talked for like an hour about FALs and stuff

ivanimal
03-24-2005, 11:47 PM
If you buy a 10-22 magnum you can buy an after market 17HMR barrel and with 2 allen screws remove the old barrel and switch as you like. The 10-22 is likely the most accesorized rifle ever. Really fun to shoot. I am also a huge fan of the 17 I have a 17hmr bolt gun, and wish I had an autoloader. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif