PDA

View Full Version : sale to another state

titebnd
08-14-2009, 7:12 PM
so how to ship a CA legal (rostered) pistol to an out of state buyer? is confusing for me. thx guyz

Vin496
08-14-2009, 7:37 PM
Nothing to be confused about. You have to follow Federal law. You must ship to a FFL in the buyers State.

That's it, you can ship through your local FFL or ship direct to the buyers FFL via FedEx or UPS.

If you use FedEx or UPS you must ship via a hub and ship overnight. It is usually cheaper to use a FFL as they can ship USPS.

bondmid003
08-14-2009, 7:38 PM
Have yours and his FFL contact each other and that way they can fax copies of each others FFL's to one another.

Unfortunately most FFL's charge quite a fee on top of the shipping because of the paper trail the state of CA requires them to keep (even though they are only TRANSFERING the gun)

Vin496, some FFL's will NOT accept firearms from non-FFLs. It really depends on the buyers FFL and what their policy is. My father recently purchased a SIG off of a guy here in CA and his local FFL (in NC) would only take the gun if it came from another FFL

Vin496
08-14-2009, 8:05 PM
Vin496, some FFL's will NOT accept firearms from non-FFLs. It really depends on the buyers FFL and what their policy is. My father recently purchased a SIG off of a guy here in CA and his local FFL (in NC) would only take the gun if it came from another FFL

I know this, I was just answering on my phone, so I kept it short and sweet. There is no law that says shipper must use FFL.