PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 lb trigger connector for Glocks

waway777
08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm thinking about buying a couple for my Glocks since a lighter trigger on a Glock is definitely a +. Does anybody have these in their Glocks?

SCMA-1
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
I have them in all 7 of my Glocks; it's an inexpensive yet functional improvement:

http://midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=932026

I would also recommend these grips panels for your Glock; another excellent product that actually works great:

http://midwayusa.com/Search/#decalgrip%20glock_rubber___-_1-2-4_8-16-32

SCMA-1

locosway
08-14-2009, 1:04 PM
Extended slide release also...

Black Majik
08-14-2009, 1:05 PM
It's tough to beat a 3.5# connector, cheapest and best value for the money upgrade in all glock pistols.

+1 on the thumb rest

loosewreck
08-14-2009, 2:01 PM
+1

Good sights and 3.5 connecter IMO is all a glock needs.

It's tough to beat a 3.5# connector, cheapest and best value for the money upgrade in all glock pistols.

+1 on the thumb rest

trinydex
08-14-2009, 2:16 PM
so this is the same connector that's in the g34?

tis reliable yes?

lunde
08-14-2009, 2:49 PM
The 3.5lb connector is standard on the G17L, G24, G34, and G35. The only exception is when a law enforcement agency orders one of these models, they may specify a standard (5.5lb) or heavy (8lb) connector.

coop44
08-14-2009, 2:59 PM
I need one for my weak little girlie hands. all I do all day is sit around and type on this keyboard like a wee little girlie

hybridatsun350
08-14-2009, 3:38 PM
I would suggest doing the 25 trigger job while you have the gun apart. It makes the trigger even better!

Black Majik
08-14-2009, 3:40 PM
I would suggest doing the 25 trigger job while you have the gun apart. It makes the trigger even better!

Also don't stop there! Grab a Wolff competition spring pack, comes with a striker, plunger and trigger spring. Makes a huge difference as well. :)

ERdept
08-14-2009, 6:59 PM
Vanek Trigger

http://www.vanekcustom.com/

blackfalcon
08-14-2009, 9:44 PM
I have a 3.5 trigger on my G23 and the standard 5.5 trigger on my G22. I can definitely feel the difference, especially when doing the Glock Shoots.

CSDGuy
08-15-2009, 1:32 AM
I use the 3.5# connector and the NY-1 Spring. Trigger pull feels about the same pull as the standard setup (about 5.5-6#), but the reset is pretty crisp. I can definitely feel a difference between the 3.5# and 5.5# connectors with the stock spring and the NY-1 (8#) spring. I prefer the 3.5# connector and the NY-1 spring combination. These are all Glock standard parts.

huntndog
08-15-2009, 4:56 AM
Glock changed the name of their part to a 4.5 Connector (3.5 was misleading). It needs to be said that swamping out the original parts (springs etc.) is fine and fun on a Competition-only gun. Not on one you stake your life and the lives of your family on.

lunde
08-15-2009, 5:03 AM
:confused:

So, what you're claiming is that if I were to buy a Glock 34, which has a 3.5lb (now called 4.5lb) connector as standard, I should not stake my life, or the lives of others, on it? I have a G17L, G34, and G35, all of which came from the factory with this part. It does not make a Glock less safe. But, the slightly "better" trigger allows me to have a much greater chance of hitting my target, which I consider to be a good thing.

I also swap the serrated trigger assemblies in my compact and subcompact Glocks for their smooth versions that are standard in the fullsize Glocks. (The compact and subcompact Glocks have serrated trigger shoes only because it is considered "target" trigger, and gains enough ATF points to be imported into the US.) It doesn't make much difference for 9mm Glocks, but for anything larger, it makes a difference for shooting comfort.

:confused:

huntndog
08-15-2009, 5:14 AM
No.... I meant more like replacing springs, etc. (as stated in my post). Wolff and others make that very clear on their products.

cgmoe
08-15-2009, 5:23 AM
I actually prefer the Lone Wolf 3.5 over the factory Glock 3.5, and it's cheaper too!

lunde
08-15-2009, 5:25 AM
huntndog, you wrote:No.... I meant more like replacing springs, etc. (as stated in my post). Wolff and others make that very clear on their products.Sorry, but the I thought you were suggesting that the connector was included as part of the "etc." in your post.

huntndog
08-15-2009, 5:50 AM
Yep, I wasn't very clear... not used to being up this early! It was more aimed at BM's post, although I agree wholeheatedly...

Also don't stop there! Grab a Wolff competition spring pack, comes with a striker, plunger and trigger spring. Makes a huge difference as well. :)

But for the sake of discussion... Couldn't an arguement be made that a 3.5 Connector IS less safe? The models you mentioned that come standard with it are Competition Guns. And as you mentioned, LE versions of those models do not include it.

Would you say that the LE versions SHOULD come with it? Surely LE can also argue that the slightly "better" trigger allows them to have a much greater chance of hitting their target as well.

:43:

ocabj
08-15-2009, 5:58 AM
I put a Ghost 3.5lb connector into my G27 and it still breaks between 5-6 lbs. The reason why I got a new connector is because out of the box, it was breaking at a good 7lbs. So I got the 5lb, which did nothing. Returned it to Brownells for the 4.5lb, and that hardly did anything. So I returned it again to Brownells to get the 3.5lb.

I have no idea why it's not dropping. It 'feels' better than stock, but still not where I'd like it to be.

lunde
08-15-2009, 6:06 AM
huntndog, you wrote:But for the sake of discussion... Couldn't an arguement be made that a 3.5 Connector IS less safe? The models you mentioned that come standard with it are Competition Guns. And as you mentioned, LE versions of those models do not include it.

Would you say that the LE versions SHOULD come with it? Surely LE can also argue that the slightly "better" trigger allows them to have a much greater chance of hitting their target as well.The "LE uses it" argument doesn't hold much water, when you consider that lawyers are often the reason why LE are effectively forced to use heavier triggers, such as DAO trigger systems. And, not all people serving in LE are firearm enthusiasts. For some, the sidearm is merely a tool, and I imagine for a small number that they are basically forced to carry it.

The DAO requirement for some LE agencies is the reason why HK developed the LEM trigger, and Sig-Sauer developed the DAK trigger. They intended to improve what is considered a trigger system that is not conducive to accurate shooting.

The bottom line is, and I think we all agree about this point, is that the best safety is the gray matter between your ears, and as long as you keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, a lighter trigger is no less safe than a heavier trigger.

huntndog
08-15-2009, 6:17 AM
Good points... especially the last one! :cool:

Greg-Dawg
08-15-2009, 7:36 AM
The 3.5lb connector is standard on the G17L, G24, G34, and G35. The only exception is when a law enforcement agency orders one of these models, they may specify a standard (5.5lb) or heavy (8lb) connector.

And adding a NY1 Trigger spring to resemble a revolver trigger pull.

draconianruler
08-15-2009, 8:09 PM
I am still on the fence about going with the lighter trigger. Although I know its all about trigger discipline, I keep thinking to my ol paintball days. My paintball guns had some very sensitive electronic triggers that allowed me to rope paint all day long. However, I had many accidental discharges due to them be SO sensitive (less pressure then a mouse click). Paintball guns is one thing, a real gun is another story. No barrel plugs to stop the round.

huntndog
08-15-2009, 8:42 PM
You really owe it to yourself to give it a try. I tried a Lone Wolf 3.5 and was pleased! Although noticeable, it's really not much lighter...

And follow hd350's advice:

Yes, it's still a Glock trigger, but it is smoother and........ well, BETTER! :rolleyes:

Instructions for the $ .25 Trigger Job are online, but I ordered this DVD, : "Making Glocks Rock" and would recommend it.
TR Graham shows how to do it step-by-step. :cool2:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=186832

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa178/surfdog_photos/glock34-1.jpg

locosway
08-15-2009, 9:03 PM
Paintball gun triggers are no where near the trigger of a 3.5# connector. Last time I checked you use a two ringer roll on markers too... ;)

trinydex
08-16-2009, 3:24 AM
I am still on the fence about going with the lighter trigger. Although I know its all about trigger discipline, I keep thinking to my ol paintball days. My paintball guns had some very sensitive electronic triggers that allowed me to rope paint all day long. However, I had many accidental discharges due to them be SO sensitive (less pressure then a mouse click). Paintball guns is one thing, a real gun is another story. No barrel plugs to stop the round.

no condom?

draconianruler
08-16-2009, 8:46 PM
no condom?

Yeah, barrel condoms but figured I would say plug since not everybody would know what I was talking about ;)

Oldnoob
08-16-2009, 9:10 PM
I actually like all my Glock run on 5.5# connector over the 3.5#. I felt, with 3.5# connector on my Glock, it make the break a bit less crisp. I had try all the factory mod and few after market mods, but but found out only things I like out of stock Glock are extended slide release and a set of bright night sight. Just my own experience. Best thing about Glock is its parts are cheap, go to OMB and order all the parts and swap them on. It's the only way to tell if one mod is truly fit for you.

unamused
08-17-2009, 7:20 AM
im assuming parts such as the 3.5 connector and extended slide release can be found at most local gun shops that carry glocks?

id rather not pay for shipping for something that would cost less then that...

locosway
08-17-2009, 7:34 AM
im assuming parts such as the 3.5 connector and extended slide release can be found at most local gun shops that carry glocks?

Nope... I have yet to find a local store who sells Glock aftermarket parts in my area. Now, that's not saying no one carries them, just that it's not common.

My advice is to pickup some magazines and stuff from the site and then add your trigger connector and extended controls to the order.

Oldnoob
08-17-2009, 7:53 AM

It is uncommon for a gun shop to carry Glock parts. Glock parts are too cheap for retail store to make much profit out of it. You can join the mail list of OMB, once a full moon they will have free shipping as special deal. Or you can suck it up and pay that $7 shipping fee (it's still cheap if you ever bought gun parts for other gun Hi Power :cry:). Buy more than just one part at a time, it's fun to learn what different connector/trigger spring will effect your trigger action, and always a good idea to keep extra parts on hand.

Maplewood
08-17-2009, 9:09 AM
I'm in Torrance and will give you my 3.5 connector if you want to pick it up. It's a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector.

Too light for me, I tried it and I like the stock trigger better

badfish71
08-17-2009, 11:47 AM

^this..