PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Mag

asahi1259@yahoo.com
04-20-2005, 1:53 PM
ok, since I cannot find the info on how to do this. How do you take apart a glock mag so you can clean inside? I thought you push in the button on the bottom of the mag and slide the plastic plate off. Mine is not budging.

asahi1259@yahoo.com
04-20-2005, 1:53 PM
ok, since I cannot find the info on how to do this. How do you take apart a glock mag so you can clean inside? I thought you push in the button on the bottom of the mag and slide the plastic plate off. Mine is not budging.

kalibear
04-20-2005, 4:26 PM
Push on the little hole where the tab of the magazine insert is and push out the floor plate at the same time. Be careful as the spring will pop out.

rkt88edmo
04-20-2005, 4:32 PM
Sounds like you are doing it right. My 10rd G21 mags are a real PITA to get the plates off of.

Turbinator
04-20-2005, 7:23 PM
Some Glock mag bodies have side tabs that help keep the floorplate on, IN ADDITION to the little "button" visible through the bottom hole of the floorplate. Look carefully for these tabs. Sometimes you need to gently squeeze the mag in a vice to get the sides of the mag body depressed enough to get the floorplate off.

Unless your mag is extremely dirty inside and is causing misfeeds or malfunctions, I wouldn't recommend taking them apart like this.

Turby

imported_QuarterBoreGunner
04-20-2005, 8:08 PM
With all due respect do not DO NOT put the mag in a vice; here’s how they taught us at the armorers class along time ago:

Get a blunt nosed punch and while holding the mag, floorplate-up, with the mag front facing away from you, insert the punch through the hole where the button shows. Push it through at an angle so it slips between the magazine insert and the mag body. Then lever the floorplate off.

Ok so maybe this will help. (http://glockmeister.com/magdis.shtml) Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Turbinator
04-21-2005, 4:03 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the correction.

Turby