PDA

View Full Version : out of state purchage

quagmiles
04-29-2005, 8:12 PM
I need help with a question. I want to buy a p99. I found one online for a great price but the dealer won't sell to california. Would it be legal to have a friend in Reno buy the gun, then I would"buy" the gun off her. Have her send it to a local ffl. Would this work? Kinda a pain in the neck but my wallet thinks its worth it.

quagmiles
04-29-2005, 8:12 PM
I need help with a question. I want to buy a p99. I found one online for a great price but the dealer won't sell to california. Would it be legal to have a friend in Reno buy the gun, then I would"buy" the gun off her. Have her send it to a local ffl. Would this work? Kinda a pain in the neck but my wallet thinks its worth it.

Inoxmark
04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
That would work and completely legal, just make sure this particular gun model is on the CA approved list. Also, no mags over 10rd can be transfered to you.
You would have to pay two shipping charges and pay for two transfers. Is the online price really that good?

LongBch_SigP226
04-30-2005, 5:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by quagmiles:
I need help with a question. I want to buy a p99. I found one online for a great price but the dealer won't sell to california. Would it be legal to have a friend in Reno buy the gun, then I would"buy" the gun off her. Have her send it to a local ffl. Would this work? Kinda a pain in the neck but my wallet thinks its worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean Walther P99? If so, it is legal in this state. What I don't get is, why won't the seller sell to CA? Is it because it comes with high capacity magazine? You should contact the seller to see if he can sell the gun without the magazine. You should also tell him that Walther P99 is legal here by sending him to
CA DOJ approved handgun list (http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf).
Do all this before you place the bid.

gimmejr
04-30-2005, 6:27 AM
Its probably CDNN, great prices but they wont sell to california.

Turbinator
04-30-2005, 9:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gimmejr:
Its probably CDNN, great prices but they wont sell to california. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there was another wholesaler that wouldn't sell to CA either. Was it KY Imports? Or J&G Sales? Shame shame.

Turby