PDA

View Full Version : Super excited to interview a friend of mine in Calvalry....

Booshanky
08-14-2009, 6:09 AM
This guy I've known for about 8 years has been in the Army for a long time. He's about to make Major after his current deployment to Kosovo on some UN/NATO mission to stop human trafficking. Anyway, 5 years ago or so he got deployed to gitmo and I've always wanted to talk to him about it but didn't have the chance as he's been all over the place.

Well, he just hit me up on facebook and said we'll chat via Skype while he's out there in Kosovo but I asked for a short sentence on gitmo and he wrote one word: 1984

So yeah, super curious to hear what he's got to say on the issue. He's an extremely intelligent individual and he's got a lot of life experience. I'm sure you guys would probably be interested in hearing his views as well so I'll post the transcript, and if there are any questions you'd like me to ask, just let me know.

SkyStorm82
08-14-2009, 7:32 AM
Yeah I'm interested. Would he be cool with you posting it?

Booshanky
08-14-2009, 6:59 PM

Oh I'm sure he would. Probably would want to keep his name private but I don't think he'd care about anything else.

doc1buc
08-14-2009, 7:20 PM
"those devils in baggy pants, they're everywhere"

dilligaffrn
08-20-2009, 2:00 PM
OPSEC

chris
08-21-2009, 9:12 PM
OPSEC

+1 on that. i'm sure that your friend since he is going to be a Major knows damb well that he better not discuss anything with you or on this board that will compromise OPSEC. safety and security of our men and women down range is top priority.