View Full Version : Help, Rhineland R22 owners

06-07-2005, 2:20 PM
I went to try out my R22 today. It bought the kit and installed a stock bolt from Brownells and a mil-spec trigger group. The second shot the case head separated blew gas out the mag well. I though maybe the mag was not in properly and interfered with the bolt. The next mag it happened again. I shot a total of 40 rounds out of 4 different mgas and had 5 of these case head separations. Some were a small blow out with a just a hole and brass strip hanging, others were where the whole head blew off and just a brass tube was left in the chamber. I called Rhineland but got the machine. I was wondering if anybody else had an incident like this?

I was shooting Remington 36 grn. high velocity and using Eagle and Buttler Creeks mags.

Update: Rhineland called back about 1 hour after my message and they suspect a tight chamber. They said they cut the chambers tight for accuracy. The gun shot well, about 3/4 inch at 35 yards with a red dot sight. Sending the gun back to them so they can fix.

06-07-2005, 3:19 PM
yeah I was going to say tight chamber. Are they paying for the shipping both ways?

06-07-2005, 4:07 PM
Let Rhineland do the up dates i just got mine back last friday,. mine dident like the remington HV at all, bent the tip off every round i tryed to feed it. now on the other hand it would feed cci mini mags & blazer rounds with no problem. any ways it like them now and alot of other ammo and mags as well. read my write up here( under JAB)http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=176204&page=23

06-07-2005, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by bu-bye:
Are they paying for the shipping both ways?

I didn't even think about that, just a minute while I make a phoe call!

06-08-2005, 6:50 PM
this may shed some light on what works: