PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Cali, and need help!!

Dr.Mauser
08-13-2009, 9:53 PM
I just moved from the Seattle Area, and I lived on 15 acres of land, so I could go out and shoot when ever I wanted. Now Im living in the Modesto Area in the Central Valley and dont know of anywhere to go shoot...BLM ideas anyone, or a place that wont cost me $ to go shoot a couple rounds?

packnrat
08-14-2009, 7:56 AM
Go up Hwy 4, almost to arnald, a rd called hunters dam, go past the water plant to a gate ( couple miles off the pavement)
do a hard left go up the hill to the old quary.

sorensen440
08-14-2009, 7:58 AM
I dont know of anything real close
Panoche isnt too far if you make a day trip out of it

Dr.Mauser
08-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Could anyone hit up with a map lol, im still a little green to cali

Bobula
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
If you want BLM you gotta drive, otherwise there's Manteca Sportsman club, and the San Joaquin gun club in stockton (they have a 200 yard range on weekends). For indoor handgun ranges there's Barwood Arms in Ripon, and Ronning Arms (maybe they're still open, bit I'd be surprised) in Modesto.

You can also ask the local gunshop where places they recommend are. I suggest Sierra Arms on Carpenter in Modesto. Nice group of people and they do awesome trigger jobs are duracoating.

Dr.Mauser
08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
haha Ronning Arms is open still, I went there the other day to see how much my opa's K98 would be (not selling it just curious) I stood in the store for about 30 minutes before being helped, and there isnt alot of choose in there either....it kinda sucked...but hey thanks man, do you know anyone that does good re-blueing, I need one of my K98s re-blued.

Stormfeather
08-14-2009, 5:17 PM
First off, welcome to CalGuns! Second off, RUN!!!!. . . .GO BACK HOME!!!!:rolleyes:

Seriously, not sure in your area, but sounds like the guys already are pointing you in the right direction!

Acorn556
08-14-2009, 6:59 PM
Panoche Road is off I-5 a little bit south of Los Banos. There is talk of a shoot coming up there shortly if you wanted to find out where it is. Anyone on here could meet you near los banos and show you the way. There are directions in the last thread but if you go to the one coming up we can get you some as well.

289mustang
08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
You can go to Tumey Hills. It's located a couple miles West of the Panoche Hills Rd. Just head down I-5 South... and take the Tumey Hills exit. There is a Hotel, couple of gas stations, and a McDonalds.
The BLM shooting area is ony a couple miles in. It would probably only take you about an hour from Modesto.
The other place is Panoche Hills... which is off of Little Panoche Hills Rd. This exit is closer than the Tumey Hills exit... but I think it's farther in. Google Maps says it's a little further to get there.

289mustang
08-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Correction... the exit it Panoche Hills exit, not Tumey Hills exit. It's a few miles down past the Little Panoche Hills Rd. exit.

Standard
08-17-2009, 12:57 AM
I got to Panoche once in a while, I'm in Salida. It's about 1.5 hours each way.
Nowhere else really close to shoot around here. Ronning arms, but I don't really like it there, and their fees are getting up there.
Manteca Sportsman's isn't too bad, but the range gets kind of boring compared to just shooting whatever you want on BLM land.