PDA

View Full Version : Tell me whats wrong with this picture

Freagan
08-13-2009, 7:47 PM
Ok I hope this isn't a dupe. But we have a new runner up for a darwin award here! Anyone see whats wrong?

http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356044&stc=1&d=1249854597
http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356045&stc=1&d=1249854597
http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356046&stc=1&d=1249854597
http://forum.gon.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=356048&stc=1&d=1249854597

I literally can't stop laughing, I showed my family who aren't gun nuts and even they can't stop laughing.

RHT447
08-13-2009, 7:51 PM
Hmmm---breechface doesn't look very flat. Could the be the business end of a HOLLOWPOINT staring back at the camera?

IMC87
08-13-2009, 7:52 PM
looking down the business end of the barrel....with a JHP LOADED!!?

PolishMike
08-13-2009, 7:53 PM
cool pic. Stupid, but cool.

Rukus
08-13-2009, 7:55 PM
I think there was a member here that freely admitted to dropping a .40 down the barrel of his 1911 strictly for photo op's....who knows.

gotgunz
08-13-2009, 7:58 PM
I think there was a member here that freely admitted to dropping a .40 down the barrel of his 1911 strictly for photo op's....who knows.

Which will fire perfectly well with the same deadly results... no follow up shot due to fte but at that point it really doesn't matter.

roc
08-13-2009, 7:59 PM
maybe its a homemade snap cap........ probably not.

gvazquez
08-13-2009, 7:59 PM
how do you know HE was staring down the middle? you can easily put the camera in front of it while lokking at the LCD screen from an angle off to the side...

gvazquez
08-13-2009, 8:00 PM
Which will fire perfectly well with the same deadly results... no follow up shot due to fte but at that point it really doesn't matter.

I think he was talking about the bullet itself, i dont think you can drop a complete round backwards through the barrel

Trendkill
08-13-2009, 8:01 PM
Maybe his head was way off to the side....worst that could happen is a big ole hole in the hand...and massive loss of hearing.

Camera's dont necessarily have to be stuck to your face for a photo to be taken.

However.....this guy was prolly a moron and pointed a loaded gun at his face.

gotgunz
08-13-2009, 8:05 PM
A 40S&W (.401 dia) round will drop down a 45 (.452 dia) barrel all the way to the firing pin.

Additionally, nobody is commenting on the fact that he has a loaded round in the chamber on a 1911 with the hammer down. This guy is truly a putz!

Futurecollector
08-13-2009, 8:15 PM
Maybe his head was way off to the side....worst that could happen is a big ole hole in the hand...and massive loss of hearing.

Camera's dont necessarily have to be stuck to your face for a photo to be taken.

loss of hearing isnt that bad :rolleyes:

you get it back in a year or two lol

Scratch705
08-13-2009, 8:22 PM
guess he thought that since the grip safety wasn't pressed, finger off trigger, hammer not cocked, that it was somewhat safer to take a pic with a round loaded in chamber for a picture pointed back at himself...

but then again we are assuming he was standing right behind the camera. it could of been on a tripod with timer or used a remote trigger

evidens83
08-13-2009, 8:40 PM
FAIL :rolleyes:

ke6guj
08-13-2009, 8:46 PM
It could be a staged photo.

Firing pin may not be in the gun, or, it could be a dummy round. It is just possible that the hammer was slowly let down, even though it it not recommended. It is not that the round could go off now, but that you may not be able to properly control the hammer on the way down.

Palmaris
08-13-2009, 9:04 PM
Something is "fishy" there!

J-cat
08-13-2009, 9:23 PM
could of been a dummy round

J-cat
08-13-2009, 9:24 PM
plus the san francisco colors are very unattractive

Two Shots
08-13-2009, 9:30 PM
Last picture on his memory card..........
http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/PDS/PDS148/73979533.jpg

Palmaris
08-13-2009, 9:38 PM
Is it Tactical Ultra II or "Full size" as it's seen on manual (picks 2, 3 and 4)? So it is wrong manual in the box.
I think this is suppose to be in the box (check how Operational Manual suppose to look like)
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss78/Palmaris/321383.jpg Look Here (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135911916)

waitwha?
08-13-2009, 9:42 PM
wait wha?

MarioS
08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
how do you know HE was staring down the middle? you can easily put the camera in front of it while lokking at the LCD screen from an angle off to the side...

That's what I was thinking too. Either way, I wouldn't even do it with my camera though.

G17GUY
08-15-2009, 11:15 PM
hammer down on loaded chamber. Nice.

Shane916
08-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Bahh. No biggy! I carry all my Sigs that way ;)

ZombieKiller
08-16-2009, 7:18 AM
I was gonna say the nasty paint job....

Then I was gonna say MIM...(J/k Kimber fans...)

Then I saw the light- or lack thereof. Please tell me this is not a Calgunner...

IllTemperedCur
08-16-2009, 8:43 AM
But a REAL gun nut would be able to identify the round from this photo. Gold Dot, Golden Saber, XTP etc.

tankerman
08-16-2009, 8:46 AM
Anyone see whats wrong?The gun is really friggin ugly.

BunnySlayer
08-16-2009, 11:09 AM
To quote that master of gunhandling Elmer Fudd " One buwet weft? "

jamespres2001
08-16-2009, 11:30 AM
I actually ducked when i got to the third picture

RT13
08-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Besides the obvious stupidity displayed by the handler... Wood grips look like are in the way of the decocker/safety.

Blue
08-16-2009, 12:55 PM
There's no hot babe in it. THAT's whats wrong with the picture.

pTa
08-16-2009, 1:05 PM
There's no hot babe in it. THAT's whats wrong with the picture.

U ma boy, Blue! And there wouldn't be a hot babe, with an ugly 1911 like that sharing the spotlight.

Digi Cam Blows:sleeping:

bomb_on_bus
08-16-2009, 1:16 PM
Talk about an interesting set of pictures.

I glared over the first two pics looking for something to out of whack with the gun itself. Then I finally gave up and scrolled down and glanced by the last picture when I saw what looked like a hollow point smiling from inside the snug confines of the breach.

Thats when it hit me the dude took a pic of a loaded gun pointed in a direction other then away from himself. To me even if the gun isn't aimed at any part of the body it still could do some damage when discharged while holding it like that maybe sprain the wrist or jam a few fingers maybe break a couple.

mblat
08-16-2009, 1:19 PM

Please.... Somewhere I read that almost of quarter of "active gun owners" have had AD in their lives. One shot from handgun with no hearing protection unlikely to cause any hearing damage even short term.

I am not advocating shooting without hearing protection. I ALWAYS use it. However - policeman are involved in shooting almost weekly here - how many of them they sustained any significant hearing damage? So if you are to shoot BG in your living room you likely to have some ringing in your ears that will quickly go away.

.45 or 9 mm are not .50 BMG or .338 Lapua. They are not THAT loud.

Blue
08-16-2009, 1:21 PM
They are not THAT loud.

Really? You ever been inside a room/vehicle when a 9mm or 45 was discharged?

BigRich
08-16-2009, 1:27 PM
From a purely technical standpoint, a 1911 with the hammer down on a loaded round is pretty safe. It DOES have an inertial firing pin design. That being said, a person should not monkey around with loaded guns. That is how accidents happen.

mblat
08-16-2009, 1:32 PM

Well.... yes.
twice as the matter of fact. One time 9x19 and other 9x18 Mac. Couldn't hear second one at all :p LOL.....

But based on my subjective feeling they were not much louder then let's say .44 magnum WITH hearing protection.

bin31z
08-16-2009, 8:24 PM
Plus that color scheme is fugly

sinefato
08-16-2009, 9:56 PM
It almost looks like a smooth bore

duc748bip
08-16-2009, 10:45 PM
I hope the camara is on a tripod

ERdept
08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
From a purely technical standpoint, a 1911 with the hammer down on a loaded round is pretty safe. It DOES have an inertial firing pin design. That being said, a person should not monkey around with loaded guns. That is how accidents happen.

+1

Gun will never fire on its own. It may not be prudent, but still, this is not a bomb that's about to go off with the slightest wrong move.

I have some pics with a round in the chamber of my 625 that is taken to alarm and illitict a response.

The pic is takes and the moment gone. Revolver or 1911, back to a safe condition......
http://erdept.smugmug.com/gallery/2472100_hHKTV#173501684_DS3M3

Flintlock Tom
08-17-2009, 11:16 AM
So is the OP gunna' tell us what he was getting at?

lostmytarget
08-17-2009, 3:28 PM
Me thinks RT13 nailed it......

C

Ninja45
08-17-2009, 3:38 PM
So the photographer decided to take a picture of what a Condition Two pistol looks like from the business end. Looks pretty intimidating to me!

DeanW66
08-17-2009, 8:09 PM
Me thinks RT13 nailed it......

C

I also was gonna say something about the grips, then I saw the last pic.

randy
08-18-2009, 2:12 AM
The girps aren't in the way of the safety. The bullet looks like a Winchester Silver Tip, I could sure be wrong there. The gun is very ugly and confused looking to me. I have no idea wheather or not that is a live round in the Chamber or staged.

BillCA
08-18-2009, 4:40 AM
And here I was laughing at the crappy, pixilated "digital camo" paint scheme. It's like they used a digital camo pattern enlarged way too much to do anything effective (and they did).

That "loaded gun" photo can be done a number of ways. The easiest is to use a high quality mirror and focus on your subject. Which is how this photo was taken;
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/BillCA/Hobby/jf/M649biz2.jpg
And why it's heavily cropped to remove glare from the edges of the mirror and the edge of the camera. The camera is actually alongside the gun, focused past the muzzle. Yet people still comment how it was "unsafe" to take a picture with the gun pointed at the camera even if I point out it was "done with mirrors". :rolleyes:

A dummy round sans primer & powder can easily be substituted for a live round in a bottom feeder like the pistol shown.

This photo received the same kind of criticism - it's an unsafe thing to do - because people assume it has six rounds instead of five loaded.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/BillCA/Hobby/nf/M25/M25Front_1755.jpg

Don't let jumping to conclusions about a photographer's safety procedures be the only exercise you get today.

B Strong
08-18-2009, 5:00 AM
I wonder where he learned his gun handling skills...

If my Father was alive and knew I did something that stupid, he'd plant his foot in my *** - for real - no talking, just booting.

B Strong
08-18-2009, 5:04 AM
And here I was laughing at the crappy, pixilated "digital camo" paint scheme. It's like they used a digital camo pattern enlarged way too much to do anything effective (and they did).

That "loaded gun" photo can be done a number of ways. The easiest is to use a high quality mirror and focus on your subject. Which is how this photo was taken;
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/BillCA/Hobby/jf/M649biz2.jpg
And why it's heavily cropped to remove glare from the edges of the mirror and the edge of the camera. The camera is actually alongside the gun, focused past the muzzle. Yet people still comment how it was "unsafe" to take a picture with the gun pointed at the camera even if I point out it was "done with mirrors". :rolleyes:

A dummy round sans primer & powder can easily be substituted for a live round in a bottom feeder like the pistol shown.

This photo received the same kind of criticism - it's an unsafe thing to do - because people assume it has six rounds instead of five loaded.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/BillCA/Hobby/nf/M25/M25Front_1755.jpg

Don't let jumping to conclusions about a photographer's safety procedures be the only exercise you get today.

Bill, I see a major difference - you're not holding the piece pointing it at yourself.

Good gun handling habits must be ingrained. Having a loaded piece in your hand and pointing in anywhere but in a safe direction is a bad habit for anyone to develop, for any reason.

What the guy was doing in the Glock pics was stupid - what you have in your pics is closer to art than stupidity.

trinydex
08-18-2009, 5:45 PM
so the safety is off too right?

if he dropped the gun with the hammer down, could the hammer possibly be pulled back on the impact with ground and the barrel be pointing at some testes?

Stealth
08-19-2009, 6:16 AM
Why the need to show anyone of a picture of a loaded firearm...

it can be safely assumed firearms can be loaded. To have to show it can - is well not needed.

As far as trying to justify how safe it was to take a picture - you never hear about accidents where people know the dangers -- it was usually the freak or "rarity" of an accident you never account for...

Someone walks into a room -- person shifts their attention to see the person - which is enough muscle tension to swing the loaded firearm into aim on them and they slip on the trigger - boom....

*shrug*

PatriotnMore
08-19-2009, 6:24 AM
I see a few things. Looking down a loaded barrel, color scheme is all wrong, the digital pattern is cheesy, and his finger nails need to be trimmed. :D

Alex$
08-19-2009, 6:42 AM
the copper fouling is shameful, good gun cleaning skills are learned right after proper handling safety.

slik556
08-19-2009, 9:56 AM
Alright already what's wrong is this is taking way to long for the op to tell us whats wrong! In this photo I don't see any rifling in the barrel but it could be just the STUPID angle that this pic was taken. Inquiry minds want to know?

Spyder
08-19-2009, 3:48 PM
Everyone in this thread has missed it. EVERY ONE OF YOU?! He's wearing a freaking wedding ring. His life is over! THAT's the Darwin Award winner right there!!!

stix213
08-19-2009, 5:19 PM

There would be a lot of deaf gang bangers if shooting a 9mm from a vehicle was really that loud. Not going to cause "massive hearing loss." Or is the sound muffled when you hold the gun sideways??? Hmmm....

http://www.catholicregister.org/images/stories/misc/misc09/GangBanger.jpg

And when you take a picture of a loaded firearm, you should really just use a tripod instead of holding the camera. Its stupid people who accidentally shoot themselves and others that help push forward the nanny state laws needed to protect us from those evil guns that just seem to go off on their own all the time...

JBird33
08-19-2009, 6:01 PM
One round going off indoors of a handgun will give you a good ringing for the first day and a little tinnitus the second day, completely gone by day three or four. No permanent damage whatsoever. Trust me.

imtheomegaman
08-19-2009, 6:38 PM
Isn't the "tactical" use of Camo to well umm, camo?
This weapons camo would be mostly covered by the shooters hands, rendering it useless, however the hammer and chamber area (whats the term for that area)/barrel are bare metal that would shine in light thereby defeating any camo effect there in...and loaded gun pointed at the head thing

demo
08-19-2009, 6:40 PM
dummy round or not, when a picture like this shows up, Its another good opportunity to promote gun safety.

akspetsnaz
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
dummy round or not, when a picture like this shows up, Its another good opportunity to promote gun safety.

and generalization of users at this board as well......

dascoyne
08-22-2009, 3:14 AM
It's just about the gun safety violation, that's all.

After all he said that even his family "who aren't gun nuts" couldn't stop laughing.