PDA

View Full Version : The state's in a hurt, but the politicos get a raise ?

bg
05-26-2005, 5:16 PM
Why do we put up with this crap ? Where the hecks
my raise ? O I forgot, I'm just the stupid
working stiff with just one vote and moths
for money.. >
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/05/25/news/state/5_2505122357.txt

Charliegone
05-26-2005, 6:26 PM
Well, that doesn't surprise me.. after throwing California into a huge defecit they still manage to increase their wages, if they were really CARING as they say they are they would take a cut not a raise.

icormba
05-26-2005, 7:56 PM
no raise since 1998? booo hooo! I had my 1st raise this past quarter after waiting 5 years and that was only because my company had over 9 billion in revenue that quarter. Many companies asked their employees to take a pay cut during that time to stay a-float. Many companies had layoffs. But then again, I guess we live in the real world.

bwiese
05-27-2005, 9:37 AM
I'd be willing to vote for tripling legislative pay if they'd cut number, pay and benefits for mostly-useless state workers. That would be a real bargain.

WTF does Cal OSHA, etc do for me?

Bill W
San Jose

Ted_Bell
05-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Stripping the freedom from the state's inhabitants day by day and bit by bit is hard work. They gotta be real creative, up late at night scheming, so they deserve it.

Ducati748r
05-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by bwiese:
I'd be willing to vote for tripling legislative pay if they'd cut number, pay and benefits for mostly-useless state workers. That would be a real bargain.

WTF does Cal OSHA, etc do for me?

Bill W
San Jose

I was wondering about all those state workers. What in the heck do they all do?

spendbabyspend
05-27-2005, 4:04 PM
Come on Che, help us out.

05-28-2005, 2:40 AM
When the "fat" gets trimmed, it's never from the upper echelon. No one should be surprised by any of this.

My question is this:
Hey Arnold, where's the proposed referendum to "fix" this???

Some points from the article:

Schwarzenegger, a multimillionaire, does not accept his $175,000 annual salary.

Is this verified anywhere? and if so, what becomes of the money? Anyone know?

Thomas Dominguez, a member of the commission that approved the salary hike, said the increase was needed <span class="ev_code_red">so residents who are not wealthy can run for office.</span>

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Right, because the lower economic classes, the working poor, have a snowball's chance in hell to win a seat in high office in our state government.
WTF kind of statement is THAT?!?! It makes absolutely no sense.

As with most of his public appearances in recent months, Schwarzenegger was greeted by several dozen noisy protesters outside the downtown convention center. Shortly after he began his speech, a handful of protesters began shouting in the back of the room before being ushered out by police.

Translation: There will be no free speech here and your right to petition the government for redress of grievances does not apply to mere peasant folks like you.

[Schwarzenegger also stopped by a Sacramento-area charter school Wednesday, telling some 500 middle and high school students that he had boosted state education funding but that reforms were needed to make schools even better.

<span class="ev_code_red">"If we just threw money at you kids, we wouldn't be doing our job," he said.</span>

LOL. What an idiot.

HeHateMe
05-28-2005, 9:13 PM
I was wondering about all those state workers. What in the heck do they all do?

Well some of them disappear for 4 hrs at a time without telling anyone. The 15 minute breaks become 45 minutes. If they're off at 4:30pm, they're already home by 3pm. Some are absolutely useless, but management can't even fire them because of the union. Some look for the slightest excuse to file a grievance against either another employee or supervisor.

Then you have others that actually are conscientious about doing a good job. Show up on time and actually help people. I'd say the split is 60-40.