View Full Version : Sundays Steel Madness 8/16

Mr Twisted
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Roll Call $5.00 discount for all CalGunners. You must indicate to the sign up lady(Rosie) that you are from Cal Guns to gualify (She doesn't have a crystalball).

The SSA has large amounts of ammo at Walmart prices for shooters that shoot the match...

Check out the stages 2 additional surprise stages will be added too.

08-15-2009, 2:45 PM
Im 99% sure I will be there. Any one else?

08-15-2009, 6:55 PM
I will be there and my grandfather will be spectating.

08-15-2009, 9:05 PM
I'll be 99.1% tomorrow w/ other fellow calgunners.

08-16-2009, 3:30 AM
Wish I could but seeing as I just got in from a random night out I don't think ill make it.
Have fun out there guys and hopefully ill see you on the 30th.

Mr Twisted
08-16-2009, 4:07 PM
Great match today and the weather was just perfect. Turnout was low but we had a lot of New Calgunners Thanks Guys.

Congratulation to Ivan AKA "Mr Guns " for being the winner of the after match Man Vs Man Shootoff. It was a close one :rolleyes:

Match results will be a Tuesday Nora's out of town.

Mark your calenders for the 8-30 Match. It's my 60th birthday and I'm pulling out all the stops for this one. We will be shooting the " Kill House" but it may or may-not be a "Mystery"
More info to come....

Ron" Mr Twisted"

08-16-2009, 9:29 PM
Thanks Ron and advance Happy Birthday !!! I will definetly be back on the 30th and will be bringing more calgunners.

08-16-2009, 10:44 PM
I had a great time today. The shoot off was very fun and really got my adrenaline going, but I decided to let a newer shooter enjoy the fame ;):banghead:
Congrats to Ivan. He didn't think he had much of a chance, but it goes to show, you never know. I hope we do this more often.

I look forward to the next match and am excited to shoot in the kill house.

I looked over the older scores and saw that I am listed as a class C shooter. I also saw a lot of other abbreviations. Is it possible to have you post a list of what they stand for? I just like to compare the scored from different categories of weapons, or shooters.

Also, are we only grouped by class of shooter, or does the type of weapon also play into that? I shoot with 10 round mags. Is that what limited 10 stands for, or do 10's and hi-caps fall into the same category?

I have done a little searching for info on this in steel challenge and also for IPSC since I plan to try that. Are the rules for classes or categories the same in IPSC? I don't mind reading up if you have a link to a site that would clear this up.

Mr Twisted
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Lots of questions....The SSA Forum might be a better place to answer..Do'nt want to bore all the Can Gunners with little details.....Shooting is about having fun with guns......scoring is about details

mr guns
08-17-2009, 8:18 AM
all I can say is wow, My first time at ssa I never had that much fun in a long time specially on the shoot off, that was an adreline rush (got lucky this time :)). I will definetely coming back for the next shoot. Glad to meet a bunch of good guys and bunch of fellow calgunner's specially to our RO Mike for giving me alot of good pointers.

08-17-2009, 7:33 PM
i had a great time. thanks! :)

08-17-2009, 9:13 PM
Thank you for the info Ron. That helps greatly. I just joined the SSA forum so that I can post there.

08-17-2009, 9:17 PM
Wish I could have made it this time, shooting (lol) for the 30th!

Point of Impact
08-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Good times on Sunday, Mr Twisted is very helpful and catering to those who shoot at his events. This was my second match and it just keeps getting better.

08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm sure I'll play on your 60th bday, spectator is no fun.. Lol... I won't be late next time:-)

Mr Twisted
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM

We had a encourageing bunch of Cal Gunners at the last match. My birthday match will be the best match in the last 25 years I've been putting them on.

I intend to have a crew out at the range for 2 days setting it up, after all it's not often you get to celebrate your 29th anniversary of being 31;)

Don't be the one guy who missed this one. :rolleyes:

What Just Happened?
08-20-2009, 1:20 PM
Hahaha. I got bumped all the way down to 'E' class. I sure as hell 'earned' it seeing how terribly I shot. I'll just have to work my way back up.