PDA

View Full Version : anybody lie @ MEPS?

six1nina
08-12-2009, 4:23 PM
My recruiter told me to lie about my traffic tickets. He said as long as they're paid it's all good, and to say I have never had a ticket. So the first time I went to MEPS I didnt sweat it and told them no.

Now I'm getting kinda paranoid about getting caught. I just got off the phone with my recruiter, and again he assured me that as long as theyre paid they wont come up.

The way I see it, if i tell them about it my second trip to MEPS before i ship, I basically snitch on myself for lying. and cant i get DQ'ed for that? :shrug:Any advise?

- I also searched on google, and some people say traffic tickets dont matter, but some say you might not be able to get a security clearance, and get a dishonorable discharge and all that crap

sspen003
08-12-2009, 4:48 PM
Just make sure they are paid off. When I went they wanted to know they were paid off so when they ship you off you dont come back from basic with a warrant out for your arrest.

You will be fine at meps. Just dont wack off or have sex before you go bc protein will be in your piss. Make sure you have not done any drugs and dont drink any caffeine before going. oh yeah dont drink before you go they do a breath test.

Be ready to be amused by some of the guys going through. Makes me think that sometimes numbers are more important than quality.

Dont get into arguments with other recruits bc they will kick you out. Everyone that works there is a dick minus like two people. They dont want to be there... I wouldnt want to either being a balls and butts doctor

six1nina
08-12-2009, 5:52 PM
haha

do you think not telling them about my traffic tickets will affect me getting my secret clearance for MP? supposedly the security clearance is more in depth?

RANDO
08-12-2009, 6:58 PM
if you lie now and they find out later you can be kicked out. i dont remember if they asked about tickets for the secret clearance. good luck either way

hitman13
08-12-2009, 7:09 PM
just stick to your story or come clean. doesnt matter either way. Meps and the "moment of truth" are scare tactics for sure...

fuegoslow
08-12-2009, 7:10 PM
I had an unpaid traffic ticket, and my USMC recruiter went to the courthouse and took care of it. So, to answer your question, recruiters LIE ALL THE TIME! You shouldn't! Integrity is something the Marines instilled in me, don't start selling yourself short before loading onto the bus!

KUJO
08-12-2009, 7:10 PM
They asked about all contact with LEO's. I told them about all my tickets and they knew about the tickets from another source.

Decoligny
08-12-2009, 8:39 PM
Your recruiter is just saving himself a trip to the courthouse. If you said on your application that yes you had traffic tickets, he has to go to the traffic court and get a printout to verify that they were all paid.

Tell him to get off his lazy *** and do his job.

And tell the guys at the MEPS the truth. If he is willing to sell his integrity for one more warm body in bootcamp, then he doesn't need to be recruiting.

Decoligny
TSgt, USAF (Retired)
Ex-Recruiter who NEVER lied to a recruit.

M47_Dragon
08-13-2009, 5:25 PM
And tell the guys at the MEPS the truth. If he is willing to sell his integrity for one more warm body in bootcamp, then he doesn't need to be recruiting.

+1
Well said.

Spade421
08-13-2009, 6:10 PM
Yup recruiter told me to lie lie lie !

Even made me practice my no sirs and no maam's on the way to the hotel :D

oldschool88
08-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Just got done with MEPS yesterday, recruiters told me to "forget" a couple things. I couldn't do it though, fessed up to it and it wasn't a big deal at all. Sighn like one more form and have a clean conscience. (My recruiter was a bit mad, but he got over it.):)