PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying Sig P220 DAK

2buckchuck
08-12-2009, 2:38 PM
As the title says Im thinking about buying another Sig and saw the P220 DAK but I cant find any reviews on it. So Does anyone have any experience with it or a link to a review?

bwiese
08-12-2009, 2:43 PM
Get a Sig with a regular trigger. DAKs lower resale value from what I've seen...

rips31
08-12-2009, 3:08 PM
really, bill? wonder why it seems to run contrary to hk's lem trigger, where everyone wants the lem.

then again, i heard that there were previous problems with the sig dak, so i'd stick with the standard sa/da sig trigger, as it's pretty nice already.

Get a Sig with a regular trigger. DAKs lower resale value from what I've seen...

cineski
08-12-2009, 3:52 PM
LEM does not equal DAK. The reset is shorter on LEM.

sirgiles
08-12-2009, 4:44 PM
LEM does not equal DAK. The reset is shorter on LEM.

i agree! way different,better and shorter.

Linh
08-12-2009, 4:47 PM
I have a dak it works fine for me.

Greg-Dawg
08-12-2009, 5:47 PM
Don't think, buy it!!!

randy
08-13-2009, 1:01 AM
The last two Sigs sold at my local gun shop were junk to be blunt. Both guns one a 229 the other an X5 both had to be sent back to Sig. The X5 came back unrepaired and is going back.

Neither gun made it past the first range session before they were sent back.

Both had many problems wouldn't feed, wouldn't extract, still waiting on the 229.

I know anything can and will break but I've been hearing of others having QC problems with Sigs too.

Good luck.

2buckchuck
08-13-2009, 7:59 AM
I use to have the sa/da thats why Im thinking of another sig. Just thought I would try something new. There seems to be a lot of conflict about the quality of the newer Sigs. Is it just the US made ones or are the German ones just as bad?

Its king of off topic but you guys also mentioned the LEM trigger. I have a p2000v3 and was thinking of getting the LEM kit but wasnt sure about its performance. Still waiting on HK to write me back on it.

Edit: never mind it wont take the LEM kit.

leitung
08-13-2009, 1:21 PM
Why DAK might I ask vs DA/SA operation? DAK was made for insurance companies, not shooters or law enforcement.

2buckchuck
08-14-2009, 4:42 PM
Why DAK might I ask vs DA/SA operation? DAK was made for insurance companies, not shooters or law enforcement.

I like Sig and the idea of a DA only but dont like Glock so I thought I would try and find a compromise.