PDA

View Full Version : COONAN .357 C&R yet?

CAL.BAR
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
A Bren ten thread on the board got me to thinking about the venerable Coonan .357. I know they were produced in about 1983, but I don't know how long they were in production, but since we're flirting with the 25 year mark, shouldn't they be C&R now like the Bren Ten?

What was the production run on these, and what about getting them C&R status since I know they are not on the KA approved list?

TangoCharlie
08-12-2009, 1:08 PM
Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's incorrect. A firearm MUST be at least 50 years old to be C&R unless it is C&R for another reason like military issue or added to the list by bonafide request. Nothing happens at 25 years.

The Bren Ten addition was a bonafide request and was added due relatively low production numbers, large collector community and it being significant due to it being an early 10mm. it was not added because of its age.

CAL.BAR
08-12-2009, 2:30 PM
Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's incorrect. A firearm MUST be at least 50 years old to be C&R unless it is C&R for another reason like military issue or added to the list by bonafide request. Nothing happens at 25 years.

The Bren Ten addition was a bonafide request and was added due relatively low production numbers, large collector community and it being significant due to it being an early 10mm. it was not added because of its age.

Thanks, for the good info. Wouldn't the same issues apply to the Coonan? Small production run, large collector group etc. Who makes this magic bonafide request?

B Strong
08-12-2009, 2:33 PM
Duped your own thread?

CAL.BAR
08-12-2009, 2:38 PM
Sure - why wait - avoid the rush! (or hit the submit button 2x)