PDA

View Full Version : anyone for PANOCHE at the end of AUG/start of SEPT...-- date set for sept 19, 2009

ldivinag
08-11-2009, 2:32 PM
just curious at this point...

yes... no?

see thread:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=213744

date set for sept 19, 2009...

domokun
08-11-2009, 2:48 PM
Si.... BroncoBob was already talking about a Pinata III shoot in the same time period you're asking about.

BroncoBob
08-11-2009, 3:16 PM
Si.... BroncoBob was already talking about a Pinata III shoot in the same time period you're asking about.

Starting to look like the 12th or 19th of September for me. Way to many things popping up for me in August. Planning on a possible cannon shoot trip for the Labor Day holiday weekend. However if someone would like to organize Pinata Shoot III for earlier, please feel free to do so.

wikidklown
08-11-2009, 3:42 PM
Starting to look like the 12th or 19th of September for me. Way to many things popping up for me in August. Planning on a possible cannon shoot trip for the Labor Day holiday weekend. However if someone would like to organize Pinata Shoot III for earlier, please feel free to do so.

Ditto, there are matches on the last and first week of the month so bad timing for me but I like Bob's timeframe, can definitely make that.

BroncoBob
08-11-2009, 5:50 PM
Ditto, there are matches on the last and first week of the month so bad timing for me but I like Bob's timeframe, can definitely make that.

Well Roland, looks like we have a couple of target dates for PPS III.:thumbsup:
Time to start gathering up supplies.

JagerTroop
08-11-2009, 8:28 PM
A Panoche trip sounds like fun. When you guys can settle on a date, post it up, so the rest of us can plan accordingly.

Will anyone have any T for sale? I'm about out.

BroncoBob
08-11-2009, 8:36 PM
A Panoche trip sounds like fun. When you guys can settle on a date, post it up, so the rest of us can plan accordingly.

Will anyone have any T for sale? I'm about out.

smp89 should have some left, crap he had 6 cases for PPS II. Send him a PM

clockwork
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm a Panoche virgin so far, but would love to join!

domokun
08-12-2009, 12:14 AM

Those dates will work for me but the 26th is a no go for me.

BroncoBob
08-12-2009, 3:49 AM
Those dates will work for me but the 26th is a no go for me.

Excellent, 26th is out of the question for me also. Time to start planning for end of year physical inventory for work.

BroncoBob
08-12-2009, 3:52 AM
I'm a Panoche virgin so far, but would love to join!

Well, mark your calender keep those dates clear. I'll firm up the date and start a new thread for the PPS III.

diginit
08-12-2009, 6:40 PM
I don't think I can wait that long. I just may go on Aug 22nd

Acorn556
08-13-2009, 8:37 AM
I'll keep my eyes out for an official date set. You know I'm game and I might have fixed my rifle so I can shoot straight this time. Just have to figure out the ammo situation.

JagerTroop
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Is the last gate open? Or are we hoofin' it?

BroncoBob
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Is the last gate open? Or are we hoofin' it?

Gate is locked. We shoot at the top

BroncoBob
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think I can wait that long. I just may go on Aug 22nd

Hey James, got some new tannerite?

diginit
08-13-2009, 2:10 PM
How did you guess?

BroncoBob
08-13-2009, 3:50 PM
How did you guess?

Just a lucky one.....

Turbinator
08-13-2009, 6:52 PM
I'm thinking of putting together another "official" cleanup effort in Oct - when the gates reopen. Problem is, weather can be tricky and start to get cold around then - but we'll see. This trip would be to clean then shoot. I will coordinate it with the rangers, as last time. I'll post something probably as we get into Sept to officially organize it and keep track of an attendee list.

Y'alls go have fun now, and please be sure to clean up your mess!

Turby

BroncoBob
08-13-2009, 9:28 PM
I'm thinking of putting together another "official" cleanup effort in Oct - when the gates reopen. Problem is, weather can be tricky and start to get cold around then - but we'll see. This trip would be to clean then shoot. I will coordinate it with the rangers, as last time. I'll post something probably as we get into Sept to officially organize it and keep track of an attendee list.

Y'alls go have fun now, and please be sure to clean up your mess!

Turby

Hey Turby, count me in for Octoberfest.

Acorn556
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM
what about doing a cleanup/shoot? I know we mentioned it last time and I have a feeling once that gate opens the front area will be neglected by shooters.

BTW....does anyone happen to have a big steel plate? Something about a 1/2" thick? Got the idea to place it around 400-500 yards last time to shoot at. Maybe paint it a bright orange.

Acorn556
08-14-2009, 7:20 AM
There are CGs planning on a B-day party for Gene up at Chabot on the 23

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=212510

I know some of those who showed up last time will have to decide on shooting at Chabot like they do all the time and shooting on the BLM land and blowing stuff up while trying to take pictures of it. Maybe I'll have a camera by then.

Joe Smokey
08-14-2009, 1:03 PM
I've only started shooting recently, but I've already started quite the collection. I've got a SA Mil-Spec 1911, a Marlin 981T (.22), and next week I'll get my hands on a WASR-10.

My friends and I have been down to Panoche twice, and we'll probably show up at the next meet to check out what other people have.

What's the general rule on sharing guns? Should I bring ammo for what I want to shoot, or should I just stock up on 7.62x39 and assume I could trade shots of my WASR-10?

How did you guess?

I've never used tannerite before, and am curious: A WASR-10 would be more than enough to make a boom, yes?

diginit
08-14-2009, 4:33 PM
I've only started shooting recently, but I've already started quite the collection. I've got a SA Mil-Spec 1911, a Marlin 981T (.22), and next week I'll get my hands on a WASR-10.

My friends and I have been down to Panoche twice, and we'll probably show up at the next meet to check out what other people have.

What's the general rule on sharing guns? Should I bring ammo for what I want to shoot, or should I just stock up on 7.62x39 and assume I could trade shots of my WASR-10?

I've never used tannerite before, and am curious: A WASR-10 would be more than enough to make a boom, yes?

A 7.62 will do it. If not, I'll let you try my AR.

Acorn556
08-14-2009, 7:57 PM
Buy some tannerite. It's so much fun and you'll be glad you bought it. The last shoot has some videos around page 25 or so. BUY SOME!!!!

As far as sharing guns you can bring some ammo. Everyone is different. I'd let you shot my KISS rifle but it's nothing special. There was a Mosin out there that I could have shot. Just a good bunch of guys together. I think this one should be a cleanup/shoot like we talked about last time.

BroncoBob
08-14-2009, 9:10 PM
Buy some tannerite. It's so much fun and you'll be glad you bought it. The last shoot has some videos around page 25 or so. BUY SOME!!!!

As far as sharing guns you can bring some ammo. Everyone is different. I'd let you shot my KISS rifle but it's nothing special. There was a Mosin out there that I could have shot. Just a good bunch of guys together. I think this one should be a cleanup/shoot like we talked about last time.

The offical clean up will be in October and Turby will organize it. The 3rd gate will be open then so we can shoot a little farther in, weather premitting. We can still do our thing before then with the pre and post cleaning. Bring a rake and trash bags to the PPS III coming in mid September. I've launched a PM to Zombifried and hope that she'll have her calender open for this next shoot in memory of her husband James. Once I hear back from her I'll post a new thread.

Oh yeah, sharing toys is almost a given. Calgunners are pretty cool in that respect. As long as people respect my firearms I don't have a problem with it.

I do believe I'll be bringing my Mosin this next shoot and please don't forget those Pinatas.

Acorn556
08-15-2009, 10:52 AM
The offical clean up will be in October and Turby will organize it. The 3rd gate will be open then so we can shoot a little farther in, weather premitting. We can still do our thing before then with the pre and post cleaning. Bring a rake and trash bags to the PPS III coming in mid September. I've launched a PM to Zombifried and hope that she'll have her calender open for this next shoot in memory of her husband James. Once I hear back from her I'll post a new thread.

Oh yeah, sharing toys is almost a given. Calgunners are pretty cool in that respect. As long as people respect my firearms I don't have a problem with it.

I do believe I'll be bringing my Mosin this next shoot and please don't forget those Pinatas.

I remember talking about the cleanup. Figured if we did another shoot we could switch the cleanup to now and get down in that valley if people had a trailor or something to get down there. Then when October comes around we could clean up the back area and put out that 500 yard plate.

Share toys, RESPECT RAKES!!! too easy. I'll pick up a couple pinatas for this shoot. Last time I was kind of rushed to get out there...plus I needed cash for Super Taq in Hollister!!! MMMMMM

BroncoBob
08-15-2009, 11:50 AM
I remember talking about the cleanup. Figured if we did another shoot we could switch the cleanup to now and get down in that valley if people had a trailor or something to get down there. Then when October comes around we could clean up the back area and put out that 500 yard plate

Share toys, RESPECT RAKES!!! too easy. I'll pick up a couple pinatas for this shoot. Last time I was kind of rushed to get out there...plus I needed cash for Super Taq in Hollister!!! MMMMMM

Very little if no trash in the area past the 3rd gate. Most trash is on the top where a lot of non calgunners shoot. Turby gets in contact with the rangers for the clean ups and last time the rangers had all the trash hauled off after we stacked in one area. Of course you're welcome to stick that lawn mower in the back of your truck and take it home...lol

wikidklown
08-17-2009, 6:53 AM
Ok, this is late but here is the famous group hug pic ;)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7237/grouphuge.jpg

Acorn556
08-17-2009, 8:27 AM
Wow it looks like I have braces in that picture.

Check out big sexy in the middle there. I thought he zoomed in a lot more than that.

Waiting to go out again. Ordered my grip from Solar Tactical so I'll be able to use my preban mags. Maybe we can get some special order pinatas. Poor pink guy never stood a chance.

domokun
08-17-2009, 2:15 PM
Looks like the 12th of September will be the best date for me. Let me know if this works for everyone.

Standard
08-17-2009, 2:20 PM
Once a date is settled on, I'll try to be there.

cryoguy
08-17-2009, 2:32 PM
PM me the date and I will be there. I missed the last one and I don't want to miss another one. And who is heading this one up?

ALCO HK
08-17-2009, 2:55 PM
My buddy and I would love to go but we only have pistols. Is panoche more geared toward rifle shooting?

Standard
08-17-2009, 3:33 PM
My buddy and I would love to go but we only have pistols. Is panoche more geared toward rifle shooting?

It's just open land. You can set up any targets you want and shoot them with whatever you want :)
I shoot pistol, shotgun and rifle there.

cryoguy
08-17-2009, 4:21 PM
I am in..... Whenever, wherever.

wikidklown
08-17-2009, 8:52 PM
Waiting to go out again. Ordered my grip from Solar Tactical so I'll be able to use my preban mags.

How much was the grip from Duraglock bro?

BTW, plug for SMP89, he has Tannerite in stock PM him to get yours now guys before he runs out ;)

Last time we went to Food Max there were a bunch of nice pinatas waiting to explode:43:

JagerTroop
08-18-2009, 4:10 AM
This will be trip #2 for me, and I should have at least one Panoche 1st timer in tow.

Bumpfiring and blowing things up... I can't wait :D

PM me the date and I will be there. I missed the last one and I don't want to miss another one. And who is heading this one up?

Now that's dedication! Murrieta to Panoche, for a day shoot? You Sir, are a trooper :thumbsup:

cryoguy
08-18-2009, 7:40 AM
I must have missed something. Where is this place? I was thinking it was only a couple of hours away.

cryoguy
08-18-2009, 7:53 AM
Um, Ya, I'm not going to make that drive.:eek: I thaught it was closer. That sucks... We need to have one of these get togethers closer to San Diego area. I hope all goes well and everyone stays safe.

PorkLover
08-18-2009, 8:12 AM
Um, Ya, I'm not going to make that drive.:eek: I thaught it was closer. That sucks... We need to have one of these get togethers closer to San Diego area. I hope all goes well and everyone stays safe.

gotta love your enthusiasm.......

smp89
08-19-2009, 9:42 PM
I know I'm late, but I vote for the 12th. The 19th is the gun show.

Acorn556
08-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Check the thread that says we're going on the 19th.

knucklehead 61
08-22-2009, 8:14 AM
i'll most likely be there with some toys.
might bring 1,2, or 3 friends.

i still have lots of Tannerite for sale if anyone needs any!

smp89
08-24-2009, 2:32 PM
I also have about 6 cases left over fromt the pinata shoot II.