PDA

View Full Version : Please review us on Yelp if you have a moment.

Riflegear
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Calgunners, if you have been a walk-in customer of ours we would appreciate it if you might take the time to submit a review of our store on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/riflegear-costa-mesa

We want to hear it all. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Just be honest is all we ask. These reviews will help us become a better store for you and will also potentially allow us to reach more customers and future gun owners.

We appreciate you taking the time to do this in advance.

Thank you.

-- The Riflegear Team --

shark92651
08-12-2009, 7:14 AM
Thanks to all that wrote reviews on Yelp! Also, we have a Google Local listing so if some of you could please share your experiences on that listing as well we would really appreciate it.

RifleGear on Google Local (http://www.google.com/maps?q=riflegear.com)

Thanks!

hondamanr
08-12-2009, 1:50 PM
the best firearms and accessories retailer ever! :gunsmilie:

Riflegear
09-23-2009, 2:55 PM
We've got 4 great reviews so far on Yelp. Thanks a ton guys, and keep them coming!

SkiDevil
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Hello RifleGear,
You were requesting some feedback on your business.

I have visited your boothes at a few gunshows and can say that your employees are both friendly and knowledgable. Your selection on guns and kit is also pretty good. And you prices are definitely fair as well (better than most).

The only failing I feel could be improved is the website: Riflegear.com.

The website can be annoying to navigate at times and does feeze-up. I don't speak 'COMPUTER', so I cannot offer any technical suggestions, but only convey that when a website is problematic I tend to look elsewhere for my needs. Brownell's website was REALLY bad and I only ordered over the phone if I couldn't find-it somewhere else. But it has improved.

A really great example of a firearms based website in my opinion is Bravo1 USA. Their website is easy to navigate and has many useful features such as e-mail alerts when something out-of-stock is available again.

All in all, I can say that except for the website your guys are off to a great start.

SkiDevil

shark92651
09-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Hello RifleGear,
You were requesting some feedback on your business.

I have visited your boothes at a few gunshows and can say that your employees are both friendly and knowledgable. Your selection on guns and kit is also pretty good. And you prices are definitely fair as well (better than most).

The only failing I feel could be improved is the website: Riflegear.com.

The website can be annoying to navigate at times and does feeze-up. I don't speak 'COMPUTER', so I cannot offer any technical suggestions, but only convey that when a website is problematic I tend to look elsewhere for my needs. Brownell's website was REALLY bad and I only ordered over the phone if I couldn't find-it somewhere else. But it has improved.

A really great example of a firearms based website in my opinion is Bravo1 USA. Their website is easy to navigate and has many useful features such as e-mail alerts when something out-of-stock is available again.

All in all, I can say that except for the website your guys are off to a great start.

SkiDevil

SkiDevil thanks for the input. In what areas do you find it difficult to navigate? Is the organization of the categories or something else you find confusing? Also, please check out the website again as we just upgraded it a few days ago - it should have better performance than it did a week ago.

Email notifications would be a cool feature, I'll see if it is something we can add in the future.

Thanks,
David

radioburning
09-24-2009, 1:18 PM
I posted a review. I prefer my royalties checks quarterly.:smartass:

SkiDevil
10-30-2009, 6:23 PM
SkiDevil thanks for the input. In what areas do you find it difficult to navigate? Is the organization of the categories or something else you find confusing? Also, please check out the website again as we just upgraded it a few days ago - it should have better performance than it did a week ago.

Email notifications would be a cool feature, I'll see if it is something we can add in the future.

Thanks,
David

Hello David,
I just wanted to say that I was visiting the website again today and have done so on several occasions, since posting my previous comments. You are correct. The website has been vastly improved. I did not notice any freezing-up on the site and it is much easier to navigate the various categories now with the addition of the drop-down menus.

Your site is one of the few bookmarked on my computer. I look forward to purchasing more merchandise from your company.

Keep up the good work!

SkiDevil

P.S. I hope you get in some more Noveske product so I can place an order.:D

shark92651
10-31-2009, 6:58 AM
SkiDevel,

Thanks for the input. I have spent quite a bit of time the last few weeks learning about CSS, Flash, and PhotoShop and have rolled out a new skin. It's not quite where I would like it to be but I think it is a big improvement over the previous version.

We have all the Noveske products on order but they trickle in and then ship out. If you are looking for something particular that we have on our website it's best to go ahead and order and just wait. We will fill the orders as we get the products in and we will not charge your card until we ship.

Regards,
David

Alfmann
10-31-2009, 10:30 AM
I've had nothing bot excellent experiences from Riflegear.com. I've gone in a couple times to pick up some stuff and everyone I have spoken to were really great people. E-mails and phone calls were great also.

I do like the new site update. It feels a lot faster and smoother to navigate through. I did notice one thing though. I think I've brought this up to an e-mail before.

Starting from the Riflegear.com front page:

Click on "Sights and Gas Blocks"
Click on "Rail Mounted Sights"
Click on "Magpul MBUS Rear Back-Up Sight"

Maybe its out of stock in BLACK, but the drop drown menu only shows FDE. On the "Rail Mounted Sights" page (instead of clicking on the MBUS rear sight link), if you Add to Cart there it shows up in your cart as the BLACK color. I just thought I'd point it out in case someone wanted to "read more..." and they just see the FDE in the drop down menu. They might think its the only color available on your site.

Again, thanks for the great customer service/shopping experience.

AL