PDA

View Full Version : AR Piston Upper Retrofits

Addax
08-10-2009, 4:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

As of August 10, 2009, Addax Tactical will no longer be accepting orders for the PWS Piston System Retrofits.

Due to the increase in new orders for our Addax Gas Piston Uppers utilizing the PWS Piston Systems, we will only be concentrating our efforts to building brand new Gas Piston Uppers.

We appreciate your understanding, and any current pending retrofit orders will be completed, but we will no longer be accepting new retrofit orders.

We are currently working on some new configurations of our Gas Piston Uppers, and we will be offering a wide variety of choices from a low cost entry level model to high end SPR type piston uppers, in addition to our current ATAC GPU line up.

Thank you,

The Addax Tactical Team

SuperTwinz
08-14-2009, 8:16 PM
Wow that blows, I was looking forward to having you guys do the conversion on my upper. After talking to a few calgunners, they said you guys are the only ones they trust to do the conversion. Oh well guess I have to settle for the AA kit which I don't really like at all.

Addax
08-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry about that.

We have received a huge influx of new Gas Piston Upper orders, and we want to concentrate on new builds, plus we have some new configurations we are working on, and we want to have these ready for SHOT 2010.

We are also going to be moving to a new shop at the end of the year, and when this happens, we will be adding some new members to the shop team, and we will possibly offer retrofits services again at that time.

Thanks,
Chris

Shane916
08-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Do you guys do non-piston builds for AR pistol uppers?

Addax
08-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Do you guys do non-piston builds for AR pistol uppers?

Not yet.

supermario
08-16-2009, 10:05 PM
What the future look like for the Ar10 "type" rifle?

Addax
08-17-2009, 4:57 PM
What the future look like for the Ar10 "type" rifle?

This is a 2010 project.

There is a lot to consider, and we are still wondering if the market is going to really want a .308 piston driven AR.

glockwise2000
08-18-2009, 1:31 PM
I was ready to bring my LMT upper for retrofit when I saw your message. :banghead:

Addax
08-18-2009, 4:10 PM
I was ready to bring my LMT upper for retrofit when I saw your message. :banghead:

Sorry.

We are just really swamped right now, and we have to keep focused on new builds, plus we are going to be re-releasing our short stroke piston uppers, and some new DI system uppers, and we are already getting ready for SHOT Show, so we have a lot on our plate these days.

We may offer retrofits again in the future, but most likely after SHOT Show.

Thanks,
Chris