PDA

View Full Version : The Firing Line

woodsman
08-10-2009, 4:33 PM
Just received my firing line and read the article regarding the Ammo Shortages.

Maybe I'm off base but I was surprised to see such an article published by a gun rights group I support. I support CRPA to fight battles in the courts but this article talks about a Battle of different sorts.

Whether you agree with the conclusion of this article or not, I do not believe it is in our best interest to publish such material.

b.faust
08-10-2009, 6:50 PM
Ok, I'm glad you said something. I was considering posting something myself about this particular 'ammo shortage' article.
(Damion Nix was the author if I recall)

I was reading it, and got to that article and well....

yeah....that was pretty paranoid sounding and don't think it really helps anything.

A lot of statements without citing any source and generally just sounding like a complete :TFH:

B.

ke6guj
08-10-2009, 6:55 PM
Yah, it started off fine, but the ending was a little over the top:eek:

cindynles
08-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree. This is the type of thing you read about on the net but i have never seen it published before. Maybe this is their way of showing they are changing and becoming more vocal?

PeterGenius
08-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Whatever their idea was, it was way off. I don't see how a serious publication could shake like they have no backbone at the end of it... silly

trautert
08-12-2009, 5:49 PM
That article struck me as having been typed under a tin foil hat by someone with no clue about world economics, politics or warfare. The author appears to be a Ron Paul supporter, from other google returns.....
Tom

cindynles
08-18-2009, 9:25 PM
That article struck me as having been typed under a tin foil hat by someone with no clue about world economics, politics or warfare. The author appears to be a Ron Paul supporter, from other google returns.....
Tom

I just don't understand how this got published. Don't they read these articles before they go to press?

jdberger
08-18-2009, 9:35 PM
Please feel free to send commentary to the CRPA (http://www.crpa.org/contact.aspx).

That article was an abomination.

Then, think about writing your own pieces. The Firing Line could use a little new blood.

MrSigmaDOT40
08-21-2009, 5:32 AM
Tom

Wow that hurts, he writes a wild out of line article so he must be a RP supporter right?:mad:.

Well I'm obviously an RP supporter but I was shocked at the article before this topic took off. I also didn't expect to see something like that in an organized published 2A mag. I agree that the SHTF stuff needs to be toned way down from now on. If the Extreme left hand turners caught wind of stuff like that they would have an anti-orgy.

Dr. Peter Venkman
08-23-2009, 7:43 AM
The Firing Line is pure ****.

trautert
08-23-2009, 9:23 AM
"Wow that hurts, he writes a wild out of line article so he must be a RP supporter right?."

"The author appears to be a Ron Paul supporter, from other google returns....."
No, I tracked back some of his other posts from comments in the article and found references to that. I don't give a crap about Ron Paul anyway, up or down. The guy who wrote the article does, at least enough to contribute.

Ed_in_Sac
08-25-2009, 10:46 AM
What I really disagree with is the conclusion that we should suspend range activities. If we gunners do stop showing up and paying range fees, then ranges will go out of business.

I lived through San Francisco closing it municipal range at Sharps Park, believe me nothing like it has filled the void. In Sacramento, there is an old Winchester range that if it closes...you can be sure the likes of it will never be seen again.

So I say go to your range, pay your fees, possibly not shoot as much. Concentrate on accuracy and consistency rather than volume of fire. But support your local range!!!

Steyrlp10
01-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Just my .02 when you mentioned Sharp Park. I'm a bit sentimental since that was the range where I first learned how to shoot and met a great bunch of guys running the club there. If I didn't bump into them, I would never have caught the "bug."

I agree that it's such a waste since they closed the range down. In my time, I've seen Coyote get shut down several times, but luckily, the club has fought hard to maintain the grounds and keep it open -- with the blessings of the Sheriff's Dept.

I really enjoy seeing the guys and do my part to participate at my local ranges -- regardless of the donuts and fried wonton that I drag in for them :)