PDA

View Full Version : CCW in Arizona ( Update )

Gunsrruss
08-09-2009, 5:51 PM
I know it's not Kalifornia, but two of us who lived in Cali and moved to Yuma Arizona This past year went to class yesterday. We passed the course and now will send in our applications Monday. It will take six weeks to get the carry card. If you look at the States that recognize the Arizona CCW there mostly red states. Blue states like California will not recognize it. I may never use it, but I will atleast have it.:):D

Well, I received my CCW today the 21st. I mailed it on the 12th. They issued the permit on the 15th. That's pretty fast. Gun goes in the truck 2hrs. ago.....

Mstrty
08-09-2009, 5:54 PM
Arizona allows Loaded Open carry LOC as well. Congrats on your license.

Vin496
08-09-2009, 5:54 PM
I've heard from several sources that Arizona has been getting their CCWs out in 20 days or less.

Gunsrruss
08-09-2009, 6:02 PM
Bars, Government Buildings, schools. You can carry in a school if you stay in your car when you pick up little Johnny, or Rosie.:rolleyes:

Quiet
08-09-2009, 7:26 PM
On 07-13-2009, AZ Governor Jan Brewer signed SB1113 into law.

SB1113 allows CCW holders to carry concealed in establishments that sell alcohol for consumption (bars/resturants) as long as the permit holder does not consume any alcohol.

The new law goes into effect 09-30-2009.

Decoligny
08-11-2009, 1:47 PM
Bars, Government Buildings, schools. You can carry in a school if you stay in your car when you pick up little Johnny, or Rosie.:rolleyes:

I would think you would at least be ticketed for driving in the school. :rolleyes:

Big Jake
08-11-2009, 6:17 PM
I know it's not Kalifornia, but two of us who lived in Cali and moved to Yuma Arizona This past year went to class yesterday. We passed the course and now will send in our applications Monday. It will take six weeks to get the carry card. If you look at the States that recognize the Arizona CCW there mostly red states. Blue states like California will not recognize it. I may never use it, but I will atleast have it.:)

As I am sure you know you live in just about the best state when it comes to firearms! Congradulations on being able to live freely. I have visited Arizona many times and I always ccw while there.

Great state for firearms!:rolleyes:

odesskiy
08-11-2009, 7:05 PM
FWIW I got my AZ CCW when I lived in Phoenix last year. Dropped the application in the mail on Monday, had the card sitting in my mailbox on Friday!

If you moved last year, why did you wait so long? ;)

audiophil2
08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm moving to AZ next month and will sign up for a class asap.
I'm more interested in the NFA toys. I can't decide on a MAC or UZI or just saving up for a AR DIAS.

paul0660
08-12-2009, 8:11 AM
You can carry in a school if you stay in your car when you pick up little Johnny, or Rosie.

It should be mentioned that California permits, if you are lucky enough to get one, allow CC in schools and day cares, unless specifically restricted on the permit.

1919_4_ME
08-12-2009, 8:14 AM
Yes its nice now you can carry at Claim Jumper. Just no drinky...;)

Big Jake
08-12-2009, 3:36 PM
I'm more interested in the NFA toys. I can't decide on a MAC or UZI or just saving up for a AR DIAS.

Stop teasing us you freestater! LOL :rolleyes:

Gunsrruss
08-12-2009, 8:27 PM
FWIW I got my AZ CCW when I lived in Phoenix last year. Dropped the application in the mail on Monday, had the card sitting in my mailbox on Friday!

If you moved last year, why did you wait so long? ;)

I was in no rush:sleeping: I moved into my new house in Feb. Had a lot to do. CCW was just not on my top ten things to do list:eek: But taking off those bullet buttons was:rolleyes: The day after I picked up the guns I took the bullet buttons off my OLL:)

audiophil2
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm actually more interested in getting my CA M1 license. It transfers straight to AZ license, no tests.

Knauga
08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I think its nice that Arizona honors my California CCW ;)

Other than not being "Shall Issue", California has some of the best CCW laws in the country.

Big Jake
08-13-2009, 8:28 AM
Arizona is the second most gun freindly state in America! They recognize any and all ccw issued by any other state. Period! No issue of reciprocity agreements, non-resident ccw, etc.

If you have a valid ccw from aywhere in America it is valid in Arizona! They have incredibly strong preemption laws that state very clearly that the only entity that may pass any law regarding the regulation of firearms is the state legislature.

Cities/counties or other local governments are completely forbidden from passing any laws that regulate firearms. They are also a Castle Doctrine state.

There is no wait for firearm purchases. You may buy as many as you like and take them with you at the time you buy them. Cash and carry! No state laws about class III machine guns either.

OC is legal and accepted without a permit. The only state that has better gun laws is Alaska. There you do not even need a permit for ccw. If you can legally posses a firearm then you can ccw.

Kalifornia really stinks!

odesskiy
08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Yep, Arizona definitely rocks! If it wasn't for work issue, I'd probably still be living there.

Arizona is the second most gun freindly state in America! They recognize any and all ccw issued by any other state. Period! No issue of reciprocity agreements, non-resident ccw, etc.

If you have a valid ccw from aywhere in America it is valid in Arizona! They have incredibly strong preemption laws that state very clearly that the only entity that may pass any law regarding the regulation of firearms is the state legislature.

Cities/counties or other local governments are completely forbidden from passing any laws that regulate firearms. They are also a Castle Doctrine state.

There is no wait for firearm purchases. You may buy as many as you like and take them with you at the time you buy them. Cash and carry! No state laws about class III machine guns either.

OC is legal and accepted without a permit. The only state that has better gun laws is Alaska. There you do not even need a permit for ccw. If you can legally posses a firearm then you can ccw.

1923mack
08-13-2009, 4:51 PM
Does Arizona have provisions for non resident CCW's?

Big Jake
08-13-2009, 5:41 PM
Does Arizona have provisions for non resident CCW's?

Arizona makes no distinction between resident and non-resident ccw. They are all recognized.

If by your question you are asking if Arizona issues non-resident ccw then the answer is yes, however, the required eight hour class must be taken in Arizona.

Also, since Arizona recognizes any states valid ccw you would be better off getting Utah non-resident since you can do training in California and it is recognized in Arizona and appoximatley 29 other states.:o

Lucky Scott
08-16-2009, 9:31 PM
Went to Lake Havasu, took the class, and got the permit. Cant carry here in Cali where I live, but the CCW is good in many states.
I also aplied for the Utah CCW (still waiting) and that will give me a total of (I think) about 20 states.

I travel and drive thru this great country alot and want to be as legal as possible with my handguns. The CCW allows me to legally carry loaded handguns in my truck.

Big Jake
08-17-2009, 7:30 AM
If you have the Utah you will not need the Arizona ccw as they honor any ccw!

Gunsrruss
08-21-2009, 6:47 PM
I got it in 9 days. CCW:D

Cesardajr
08-22-2009, 12:59 AM
can some post a picture or link to what az ccw permit looks like?
im curious...

SickofSoCal
08-22-2009, 1:07 AM

+10,000

I am hoping to move to Colorado, how are the gun laws there?

Big Jake
08-22-2009, 6:52 AM
+10,000

I am hoping to move to Colorado, how are the gun laws there?

Colorodo gun laws are pretty good! They are a "shall issue" state for residents only. They do not issue or recognize non-resident ccw permits. You have to be a little bit careful in Denver, however, as they (LEO) have been known to hastle people with guns but won't arrest if you have ccw or are otherwise legal.

You can posees loaded firearm in your car as long as it is not on your person as Clorodo defines concealed as on your person. We have friends there and when we visit I always leave loaded firearm in glove box. Never any problems.

Big Jake
08-22-2009, 6:54 AM
can some post a picture or link to what az ccw permit looks like?
im curious...

www.azccw.com

FYI AZ ccw does not have photo of holder on it, which is why some states won't recognize it.

oron
08-23-2009, 1:16 PM
Big Jake.
One more little note. Ours say WEAPONS. Not handgun.
CCW + Class III = concealed UZI-MAC-MP-5. Also SBRS-SBS-AOWs
Love my state. South of the big trench.

Back of my card, Btm Para. This permit must be presented with an official,
form of photo ID. pursuant to ARS 28-3165.A. Military ID. Or Passport.

RE: no photo on card.
Legal ClassIII !!

audiophil2
08-23-2009, 2:53 PM
I can't wait to get to AZ next month. First thing on my to-do list is CCW class. Second is price out NFA dealers in Phoenix area. Third is visit family.

oron
08-23-2009, 3:24 PM
MY MOTHER WOULD KICK MY ***!!
If i did'nt take her to Tucson shooters. with me first.
Mean it!

Big Jake
08-23-2009, 4:36 PM
Big Jake.
One more little note.
CCW + Class III = concealed UZI-MAC-MP-5. Also SBRS-SBS-AOWs
Love my state. South of the big trench.
Back of my card, Btm Para. This permit must be presented with an official,
form of photo ID. pursuant to ARS 28-3165.A. Military ID. Or Passport.
RE: no photo on card.
Legal ClassIII !!

Stop harrasing us you freestater! LOL! :mad:

oron
08-24-2009, 5:38 PM
Big Jake.

A concept. Re: Coming There. OMFG!:eek: San. Berdu.
I have a Reunion in 2010. No dd-mm yet. Norton AFB.
San. B, International air port, now. Summer.

I'll have Putter access. To send P.M.s On arrival.
L.A. Been a couple since last trip.

What do you think? I've Gotta go! Been told, " OR ELSE! "
For trip.
:cool:

Big Jake
08-24-2009, 6:07 PM
Big Jake.

A concept. Re: Coming There. OMFG!:eek: San. Berdu.
I have a Reunion in 2010. No dd-mm Norton AFB.
San. B, International air port, now. Summer.

I;ll have Putter access. To send a P.M. On arrival.
L.A. Been acouple since last trip.

What do you think? I've Gotta go. Been told, " OR ELSE! "

:cool:

Rock n' Roll!:43:

oron
08-24-2009, 7:14 PM
NOOO I CAN,T BRING THEM!!!:83: I WISH.

audiophil2
08-24-2009, 9:13 PM
Wife and I just registered for CCW class in Mesa on 9/8-9. We arrive in AZ on 9/5.

Big Jake
08-25-2009, 7:32 AM
Wife and I just registered for CCW class in Mesa on 9/8-9. We arrive in AZ on 9/5.

What? You are wasting three days from the time you arrive in Arizona to take your ccw class? Your priorities are all wrong! You should leave at midnight in order to arrive in time to take your 8:00 A.M. ccw class on the first day you arrive in Arizona!

Get with the program! :p

audiophil2
08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
I have to take the evening classes for 4hrs on 2 days. I did consider not unpacking but I was over-ruled. I'll just fill the down time with renting NFA guns to decide which one I want first.

Big Jake
08-25-2009, 11:54 AM
I have to take the evening classes for 4hrs on 2 days. I did consider not unpacking but I was over-ruled. I'll just fill the down time with renting NFA guns to decide which one I want first.

Stop teasing me you free stater. LOL!:rolleyes:

Kurt Gepke
09-19-2009, 9:01 PM

I bought the SWD M11/9 (almost identical to the MAC variations). It is a bullet hose out of the box at 1200 rounds per minute, but...... I bought the Lage MAX-11 slow fire upper which slows it down to the speed of an Uzi (600 rpm)

The gun is a cheap POS out of the box, but with all of the upgrades from Lage Mfg, you will have a gun that will out perform the MP5 and lots of times, the full size Uzi.

The best part is that the lower frame is the registered part. NOT the sear or bolt as in the MP5 and Uzi. If you break your sear on the MP5 and cannot have it repaired, you'll pay about $14,500 for a new registered sear PLUS another $200 tax stamp.

If my sear breaks, I can buy a replacement for about $25 and I can change bolts if I want to change the rate of fire.

At first I thought I had the 'poor man's' sub gun, but now that I've had it awhile and learned a thing or two about machine guns, I realize I have one of the best weapons in its class.

You can still buy them new in box (1986 models) for under $4,000 and the Lage slow fire upper plus the rest of his improvement parts will run about a grand. Throw in 200 bucks for optics and you'll have a match winning gun!

Here's a pic from Lage Mfg. My rig looks the same with the same C-More railway optics. I have a fixed stock as seen below and I added a green laser to mine on the left side rail. I also have a 3 lug barrel to attach my Gemtech Multi-Mount 9mm suppressor. The thing is plenty quiet enough to fire in my house.

A few members of Calguns.net have fired my machine gun after class at the range. They said it gave them wood. :D

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m99/digitspaw/MAX119mmwithLAGEupper.jpg

Here's a pic of the M11/9 as it comes stock out of the box.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m99/digitspaw/M11-9stockgun.jpg

Gunsrruss
07-01-2010, 5:26 PM
Well, sense I started this thread a lot has changed in Arizona. We are the SOB's of most liberals and politicians pandering for votes. Come and join us:) Get your license:) Hopefully there is a job for those of you who have to work:o

ned946
07-01-2010, 5:52 PM
Is it true that at the end of the month (July) Arizona is a constitution carry? No license. I may have misunerstood the class info I received last weekend but that's what I thougth I heard.

Khram
07-01-2010, 5:57 PM
Is it true that at the end of the month (July) Arizona is a constitution carry? No license. I may have misunerstood the class info I received last weekend but that's what I thougth I heard.

Seems that way. Too bad I'll be there next week and not after until maybe December. I need to do a search but I'd love to hear what people know and see links advising me of legalities of me open carrying in AZ.

Big Jake
07-01-2010, 6:44 PM
Seems that way. Too bad I'll be there next week and not after until maybe December. I need to do a search but I'd love to hear what people know and see links advising me of legalities of me open carrying in AZ.

LOC is written into the Arizona constitution and is legal and accepted. I visit Arizona 3-4 times a year and have LOC'ed all over the state. I have done so in front of LEO's who do not give me a second look! No ccw needed to do so and is never a problem as long as you are a legite citizen!

Watch out for "no firearms" signs in restaurants as some have them. If you see this sign do not go in packing as that is criminal trespass. Other then that you should have no problems.

I even LOC'ed in Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's and no one batted an eye! Arizona is truly pro-firearm and as long as you are within the law you will get as much attention LOC'ing as you would wearing a wrist watch. Simply put, no one cares, which is as it should be!

Good luck! :D

bodger
07-01-2010, 8:19 PM
Well, sense I started this thread a lot has changed in Arizona. We are the SOB's of most liberals and politicians pandering for votes. Come and join us:) Get your license:) Hopefully there is a job for those of you who have to work:o

I'm working on it Gunsr, headed out that way pretty soon it looks like.

ArtP88
07-08-2010, 11:08 PM
It's my understanding too, that Arizona will be a "unrestricted" state at the end of this current month - meaning no permit required.

From the text I've read, it says "lawful citizens" may carry unrestricted (as in, if you can legally buy it, you can carry it). I haven't seen anything that makes clear whether that right is only for lawful Arizona citizens or any lawful citizen of any other state.

ned946
07-09-2010, 7:22 AM
It's my understanding too, that Arizona will be a "unrestricted" state at the end of this current month - meaning no permit required.

From the text I've read, it says "lawful citizens" may carry unrestricted (as in, if you can legally buy it, you can carry it). I haven't seen anything that makes clear whether that right is only for lawful Arizona citizens or any lawful citizen of any other state.

I heard it called "Constitutional carry"

I really, really like that term! Go Arizona!!!!!!!!

Big Jake
07-09-2010, 8:45 AM

This is true. No ccw needed. If you can legally posess a firearm you can carry it concealed! :)

joefreas
07-13-2010, 1:20 PM
Legal US Citizen from any state.