View Full Version : Handgun Registration Question

USMC Amtraker B311
08-09-2009, 4:35 PM
Hi all,

I have lived in Cali for a little over 2 years now and due to the circumstances involved in my moving here, I didn't bring my handgun into the state. I know that I need to file a form to register my pistol which is a Springfield Armory 1911A1.

My question is since I have been living here for 2 years and a friend of mine has been safe keeping my pistol in Nevada, where i previously lived, what am I subject to? Do I just need to file the registration paperwork and pay the fee, or is there something else I need to do. I'd really like to have my weapon here as I am really out of practice and that weighs heavily on my soul. Lol.

Neat forum btw, nice to be a part of it.

Mssr. Eleganté
08-09-2009, 4:43 PM
Even though you have lived here for two years now, you can still use the New Resident Handgun Report form to register your previously owned handguns. The law says you have 60 days to register your handguns after moving the handgun into California. The law also says you can't get into trouble for filing late if they only find out about it because you send in the form.

Here's the form you need. The fee is $19 per handgun...


USMC Amtraker B311
08-10-2009, 8:31 AM
Thanks for the info and the link to the form. I appreciate it.