PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like TT33 pistols?

pogo
03-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Some don't particularly care for the older Russian military guns, but if you do happen to like Soviet pieces like I do you might want to check out GSP's TT33s for sale. They're all matching with two matching mags (many of the mags are struck-out and restamped force matched), holster, lanyard and cleaning rod, and are C&R eligible.

German Sales is offering these rearsenaled Soviet pistols for $250 + $15 shipping.
http://www.germansales.com/TT-33.htm

These hard-to-find semi auto TT33s are chambered for the 7,62X25 bottleneck round, tins of surplus ammunition are available through many mail-order dealers at a good price. Most of the surplus stuff is corrosive, but clean properly after shooting and you'll have no problem at all. These are in original military configuration without any added safety that some other imported TTs have.

The $250 price is good through the end of March, after which it will probably go up a bit. Even after paying an FFL to receive the gun, it's a good deal for collectors.

I put my order in last week and they're shipping to a nearby 01 FFL tomorrow. I don't have any connection with GSP, just thought this was a nice deal some might want to get in on.

pogo
03-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Some don't particularly care for the older Russian military guns, but if you do happen to like Soviet pieces like I do you might want to check out GSP's TT33s for sale. They're all matching with two matching mags (many of the mags are struck-out and restamped force matched), holster, lanyard and cleaning rod, and are C&R eligible.

German Sales is offering these rearsenaled Soviet pistols for $250 + $15 shipping.
http://www.germansales.com/TT-33.htm

These hard-to-find semi auto TT33s are chambered for the 7,62X25 bottleneck round, tins of surplus ammunition are available through many mail-order dealers at a good price. Most of the surplus stuff is corrosive, but clean properly after shooting and you'll have no problem at all. These are in original military configuration without any added safety that some other imported TTs have.

The $250 price is good through the end of March, after which it will probably go up a bit. Even after paying an FFL to receive the gun, it's a good deal for collectors.

I put my order in last week and they're shipping to a nearby 01 FFL tomorrow. I don't have any connection with GSP, just thought this was a nice deal some might want to get in on.

omega
03-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I have the Chinese version called the Type 54-1
but I changed my barrel to 9mm luger

my pistol was only $89.00 wholesale back in 93"

pogo
03-30-2005, 7:41 PM
I wish I had picked up one of the Chinese Toks back in the '90s Omega, they were good inexpensive fun! They used to show up at Turners occassionally.

Red Star Military had a few used ones last year before they closed, but the price was too high for me, even if they were really the "bringbacks" he described them as being.

Professor Frink
03-30-2005, 8:54 PM
Pogo,

Thanks for the heads-up, thats right up my alley.

Professor Frink

pogo
03-31-2005, 3:43 AM
Glad if it helps Professor Frink. They're a small husband-wife operation and are surprised that they've been swamped with orders. They told me the price increase doesn't go up until April 1, even though their webmaster made a mistake and posted the new prices on their site. Most all seem to be Izhevsk manafactured, but refurbished at Tula.

A few guys have already received theirs, I found some good reviews and pics at
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235251
http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234109&page=2

Steyr_223
04-02-2005, 9:18 AM
These are Cali legal right? I may be tempted.

Thanks

Steyr

icormba
04-03-2005, 4:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steyr_223:
These are Cali legal right? I may be tempted.

Thanks

Steyr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

C&R

delloro
04-23-2005, 12:17 PM
apparently ATF is having a second look at those.

50 Freak
04-24-2005, 1:12 AM
Their stamped steel handguns. Okay if you have to arm the masses. But I'm more of a "traditionalist" I like guns that aren't stamped and look like they had a little more planning behind their design and production. Just a matter of tastes I guess.

But on the good side. 7.62x25 is a potent round.

pogo
04-24-2005, 2:47 PM
50freak I've just got to agree with you, the TT is a pretty basic pistol, nothing like some of the other more well-crafted military pieces. However have got a soft spot for all wartime pistols, simple or not, and Soviet stuff as well.

Picked mine up Tuesday, it's a beauty!

Yes ATF stopped GSP from shipping any more of these, we'll have to watch and see how this plays out. If you bought one from them and are worried about this then sell it to me for what you have in it, meet me at a local Turners and PP transfer it to me, I'm still looking for one or two more.

zeleny
04-24-2005, 3:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 50 Freak:
Their stamped steel handguns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not so. The Tokarev is machined out of forgings.