PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo gun show has handguns?

dwtt
06-02-2005, 6:16 PM
Hi,
There's going to be a gun show this weekend at Vallejo, and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are lots of handguns at the show for sale. I mean are there more than what you might find at Traders? I'm looking for a compact 9mm pistol and want to touch and feel one before I buy it. Uh oh, I realized that sounded a little perverted, but you know what I mean. Also, do they have much reloading supplies at this show?

Sharnhorst
06-02-2005, 6:43 PM
Dont get your hopes up, the shows are getting pretty lame. But if you need some beef jerky, beenie babys, old coins or junk jewelry, you will be in luck!

happylegomena@yahoo.com
06-02-2005, 6:55 PM
Miwall is there for cheap ammo. I've seen handguns there, though not a lot.

schizrade
06-02-2005, 8:34 PM
dwtt, Newtown is there and they usually have a pretty good selection. Nice people too.

shooterx10
06-02-2005, 9:04 PM
The only dealers with cool stuff are Newton Enterprises and Sonoma Firearms. Other than that, there's not much else to see unless you want to pick up a gun safe (Visalia, Halls) or ammo from Miwall.

However, at the last show I did see a NIB Benelli M1 Practical for only $850! I'm still banging my head for not getting it! http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif

schizrade
06-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Well I'm going either way.

dwtt
06-04-2005, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by shooterx10:
The only dealers with cool stuff are Newton Enterprises and Sonoma Firearms. Other than that, there's not much else to see unless you want to pick up a gun safe (Visalia, Halls) or ammo from Miwall.

However, at the last show I did see a NIB Benelli M1 Practical for only $850! I'm still banging my head for not getting it! http://www.calguns.net/banghead.gif

I didn't see any great deals on practical shotguns, but there were some Llama compact frame pistols and a Firestorm at the Sonoma Firearms table. I don't know anything about the Llama or Firestorm models and don't know if magazines are available, so I passed. They did have this very nice .22lr youth bolt action rifle I would like to get for my daughter some day. I saw another table with some handguns but didn't find out the dealer's name since all the guns were selling at regular retail. They had a Glock 20 for $570 + tax, if I remember right. Miwall had primers and powder, but no bullets, but some guy who overheard my question to the Miwall person commented they usually have bullets at the Sacramento show. I saw one other guy with a big empty sea bag dangling over his shoulder and asking everyone who sold ammo if they had cast bullets. Noone had any. After spending 2 hours on the road and about $20 bucks for the show and gas, I'm getting more depressed about living in California. I hope the redistricting reforms being pushed by Ahrnold get passed.

s281c
06-05-2005, 11:38 AM
I was there this morning, it wasn't too bad.....

The Gun Exchange had a FN 5.7 there, but was already sold.

Sonoma arms was there with their usual stuff, plus they had a 10/22 with a MG conversion on it.

And there was a table against the far wall with a guy there that had a SW1911 NIB with adj sights for $500, he also had some XD's for good prices and some revolvers, the only problem is he's from Redding.

Trader Jack
06-05-2005, 3:39 PM
I also was there this morning (Sunday) and I don't think it was that bad either.

However, Miwall does not seem to be the bargain they used to be. Example; Wolf 9x18 used to be $49.00 a case of 500, now it is $67.50 a case plus 3% credit card charge plus sales tax.

Winchester Ranger in 9mm or 40 cal was $24.00 a box and I have been able to buy that for $15 to$17 per box

Miwall will have there once a year warehouse sale this June 18th and 19th. This is the only time they are open to the public. They used to have great prices at that sale and they have an indoor range to boot which is located below the warehouse.

jnojr
06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Trader Jack:
Miwall will have there once a year warehouse sale this June 18th and 19th. This is the only time they are open to the public. They used to have great prices at that sale and they have an indoor range to boot which is located below the warehouse.

Where's that? Somewhere far away from me, I'll bet...

imported_edbon9
06-06-2005, 2:16 PM
Originally posted by jnojr:

Where's that? Somewhere far away from me, I'll bet...

Grass Valley, Ca. on higway 80 to tahoe, I believe.

Trader Jack
06-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Yes it is in Grass Valley and one beautiful ride to get there. Check there web site for directions.

dwtt
06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Trader Jack:

I just saw the Miwall ad on the front of Shotgun News. They are having a parking lot sale at their Grass Valley location on June 18-19. The web site is http://www.the-range.biz
I don't know if I can make it, but others might want to stock up.

STR8HEATED
12-04-2009, 7:13 AM
the vallejo show is ok. I usually go there to get ammo but there is a guy name aris "triple a's sporting goods" is his store and I've bought all guns from there. He'll have your 9mm or he can give u a price on one.....real good guys.

WokMaster1
12-04-2009, 7:28 AM
necro posting!!!! It's alive!!!:D

We need a necro post smilie. Maybe a zombie type?

bigcalidave
12-04-2009, 8:02 AM
WOW! 4 Years!

tiko
12-04-2009, 5:03 PM
How long Calguns keeps a thread? 10 years?

plan-b
12-04-2009, 6:49 PM
Sweet... a gun show this weekend. Oh crap, my brother borrowed the Delorean.